X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Thanks everyone.

All three of those are about the same price as the Boss here i.e. close to $200. I guess I'll need to just sit and compare them in a shop.

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Thanks everyone.

All three of those are about the same price as the Boss here i.e. close to $200. I guess I'll need to just sit and compare them in a shop.
      Please let us know what you end up with!
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

just out of interest sesh, which multi fx were you using?

Comment

• Etienne
          Commando
          • Aug 2010

...All three of those are about the same price as the Boss here i.e. close to $200...
          Just in case you absolutely don't want to spend so much cash - Rocktron Short Timer ($80 or less) is a digital delay with analog ambitions. Maybe it sounds too bright and clear.

Especially in a mono setup it's important that every delay repeat sounds darker to get audible depth. A true Analog Delay would be the better choice.

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

What about the Line6 Echo Park?
            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ashstralia
              just out of interest sesh, which multi fx were you using?
              Sorry I missed this question.

The last couple of years most of the time I've just been using a Floor Pod straight into the mixing desk because it's all been writing and pre pre recording.

They are totally ok for doing that with a bit of fiddling around.

We are now moving to pre recording.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So he will have a rack delay?

I'm building up a new set of effects pedals after using a multi-effects thing for ages.

I have an MXR Distortion, Phase 90, MXR EQ and a Crybaby Wah. I think I need to add a digital delay and a harmonizer and/or chorus.

The Boss digital delays are still quite expensive, if I'm just going to have a short slap back delay could I get away with a cheaper Digitech do you think?
                I've since bought a Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter, an MXR Analog Chorus and a Boss powered pedal board to stick it all in. I'm probably still going to get the MXR Carbon Copy and then I'm definitely stopping before this gets out of hand.

I also got a Korg Pitchblack Tuner which is the best I've ever come across.
                Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-11-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...