• Jan 2004

"owhatta goose Iam" in Sanskrit, no doubt

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
      the only, but major "fuck up" was the previous owner took off the "Fender" stamp on the headstock.
      LOL!!!

Sweet axe BT. It's funny you say that about the "Fender" logo cos I did that on my blue Frankie as well. I had the entire neck sanded. It feels good without the coating on that particular guitar. However, I'd never dream of doing it on my other strat.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Yeah, I think its obvious what caught my eye. But it was weet to know that it was quality made too. Just having that one prob is all. too much feedback/static. Im hoping its just a pickup problem.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Here is a picture of part of my collection. I have accumulated 3 more axes since this photo was taken.

Left to right:
          1988 Gibson FLying V (#1 Son)
          1996 Fender Jazz Bass
          1985 JB Player Neck-Thru-Body Strat (#2 Son)
          1980 Fender Lead 1
          1985 JB Player Neck Thru Body Strat
          Sigma Acoustic (Made In Japan by Martin) Not sure of the year...early 80s I think..

Behind them is my Marshall 1979 100W Super Lead and Carvin Cabinet, and you can see my ART Midi Foot controller for my ART SGX 2000 Rack Mount FX unit. Oh, and my autographed 8 X 10 on the wall of Rob Halford.

Since then, I have gotten my Epiphone Korina V and Explorer, and a 1981 Fender Lead II.

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            Here is a picture of part of my collection. I have accumulated 3 more axes since this photo was taken.

Left to right:
            1988 Gibson FLying V (#1 Son)
            1996 Fender Jazz Bass
            1985 JB Player Neck-Thru-Body Strat (#2 Son)
            1980 Fender Lead 1
            1985 JB Player Neck Thru Body Strat
            Sigma Acoustic (Made In Japan by Martin) Not sure of the year...early 80s I think..

Behind them is my Marshall 1979 100W Super Lead and Carvin Cabinet, and you can see my ART Midi Foot controller for my ART SGX 2000 Rack Mount FX unit. Oh, and my autographed 8 X 10 on the wall of Rob Halford.

Since then, I have gotten my Epiphone Korina V and Explorer, and a 1981 Fender Lead II.
            How's the V play?
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

THe V plays like a dream. IT is the second Gibson V I have owned. The first one was a black 1975 V that I bought in 1977. I sold it in 1983 to avoid starving.

The thing I hated about the '70s V reissues was that the fretboard was about a half an inch ABOVE the top surface of the body. Which made it kinda funkty when trying to play above the 12th fret.

I was unaware that Gibson had started making reissues that were based on the '59 neck when I walked into a friend's guitar shop in 1989. He had this one brand new, and sold it to me for $525 with the luxury hardshell case with a blanket. The fretboard rests ON the top of the body where the neck meets the body, so it plays like a dream way up high. Fantastic guitar for soloing, and Flying Vs are not very heavy, so I can play it for hours without having a sore shoulder (as I would with a Les Paul or one of my JB Player Strats...they are as heavy as a Les Paul.)

I slapped an EMG in there first thing, and made a new pickguard, and I have rocked heavily with that axe ever since. That is why it is my #1 Son.

Ahhh I just noticed something. Look at the red JB Player strat and you will see it has no bridge or strings. I got it for 75 bucks from a pawnshop because the original bridge (a cheap Kahler copy) had broken. In the early years of this millenium, I did a web search and found a music store in New Jersey that had some original Kahler bridges new in their original package, so I bought a black one for $150.

The same thing happened with the black one. THe original bridges they put on those JB Players musta been made outta some cheap steel, as the black one's bridge broke when I was living in L.A. in the early 90s. I bought a Kahler pro from a store on Lankershim Blvd. in North Hollywood, and have not had a problem with it since.
              Last edited by Hardrock69; 02-12-2005, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Figs
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

The guitar is shit, but I thought maybe someone would like the woodburning artwork. My artist friend did the work himself many moons ago. I love the artwork.
                Last edited by Figs; 02-26-2005, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Figs
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

and the back...

Comment

• jackassrock
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Sep 2004

OK, so now I've got a digi cam.
                    So today I took a picture of my Gibsons. Click on the image to enlarge.

The Les Pauls (L to R):

'56 Historic reissue
                    '02 Sparkletop (one of 40 red)
                    '83 Std. (my main gtr.)
                    '71 Deluxe
                    '78 custom

The Rest :
                    '91 Custom shop V (like Paul Stanley's from '75-76)
                    Blackbird bass
                    '90 Explorer

It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• jackassrock
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Sep 2004

And now for some Fenders.

(L to R):

Warmouth parts tele.
                      '61 reissue
                      '69 rebuilt by me (Bought it as just a body and neck)
                      40 th anniversary tele w/b-bender
                      '76 Deluxe

?? parts tele (shiny as hell tho)
                      '86 Japanese strat
                      Jourgenson Hellecaster strat
                      Squier special also rebuilt, there's nothing origional but the wood.

up next...the imports.
                      It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• turboblues

@Jackassrock: I had an '86 Jap strat just like yours. I think it was called a contemparary strat with a system 3 trem. A real fucker to change strings. And a fragile locking unit (broke one) as well. Was a quite expensive guitar for a Jap!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                          The guitar is shit, but I thought maybe someone would like the woodburning artwork. My artist friend did the work himself many moons ago. I love the artwork.
                          Plays like shit? How so?

Comment

• Figs
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                            Plays like shit? How so?
                            It's a copy, not a real Les Paul. The action isn't too bad, but the sound isn't that great and the wiring is fucked right now.

Comment

• jackassrock
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by turboblues
                              @Jackassrock: I had an '86 Jap strat just like yours. I think it was called a contemparary strat with a system 3 trem. A real fucker to change strings. And a fragile locking unit (broke one) as well. Was a quite expensive guitar for a Jap!
                              I kinda like the trem. The bridge locks to make it like a hardtail. I think I paid $350 for it. NOS, it had been sitting in a box as inventory from somebody's failed music store form about '87 toll 2004. I'm not so into the humbuckers sound (as I like output in the 15-20K range, but thau't something I can fix when I get around to it.

Comment

• jackassrock
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Sep 2004

here's some other ones

2 Washburns and 3 Icemen

next week...basses
                                Last edited by jackassrock; 03-09-2005, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...