X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by rocknrolldork
    The Classic 30 is a great sounding amp. Not a big fan of the 5150s.

I have a backstage 30 that I gave my daughter. Not the best but great for an 8 year old.

Had a Renown years ago. It had a great clean sound, but that was about it. That amp hated pedals, but it was way loud and that's what I needed at the time.
    I had the Classic 20. I wish I still had it. It was a well built great sounding little amp.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

the one i was thinking of is the vtm model...

HERE

Comment

• bb64
        Groupie
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        Awww...how cute! Living vicariously through your grandson!
        LOL, you betcha!! My kids listened to my =VH= cds growin up and they love em now...
        Now I is workin on the little guy!! He enjoyed the show and liked Tattoo and Jump the most...
        Well he is only 7...*slap slap*...SEVEN AND A HALF GRAMPA!!...whoops sorry buddy lol...

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
          the one i was thinking of is the vtm model...

HERE
          That's it. I remember one came up for auction on Ebay and a real bidding war erupted over it. I was surprised but people seemed to love that amp.

the VTM was a early 80's production amp, it's circuity is nearly a identical copy of a JCM 800, albiet with a 6L6 based power amp section. It's front also houses a special group of dip switches which changes different resistor values on the preamp and power amp circuits, changing both amp sections characteristics, sort of like modifying a JCM 800. Hence this is how the amp got it's name: "Vacuum Tube Modified".
          I wonder what one would sound like with EL34s in it.

Cool. The father of the VTM is James Brown.
          Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-21-2012, 07:03 PM.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...