• Matt White
    • Jun 2004

CLASH OF THE TITANS

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Etienne
      For me Little Wing by SRV is a milestone at a different point on the timeline concerning guitar instrumentals. Tender Surrender is the evolution of it.
      You do realize Little Wing is a Jimi Hendrix cover SRV did..?

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

4:05 onward...

Outstanding share Kristy. Interesting journey for Jeff Beck going from a rockabilly background to Blow by Blow and Wired. You know how far the instrument has come when you hear him talk about slowing records down to learn triplets and octaves.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
          Talk about your delightful finds at Youtube. Jesus, just look and listen to this guy. 'Nuff said.

Drummer looks likes like he found out just before they started that someone had taken a shit in his bass drum.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Becks not one of my favorites but that kicks ass!

I fully expected you to call it a train wreck because the last chord is slightly late...

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

saw SRV at newcastle city hall in 88 ish .... even had a tokai srv model at the time ..
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                saw SRV at newcastle city hall in 88 ish .... even had a tokai srv model at the time ..

I saw SRV at the Municipal Auditorium in '89, and it was a semi-religious experience. Holy crap, he was good. Lonnie Mack opened for him, and he was a total badass too! Both of them had vibratos that shook the entire neck when they bent a note, and their playing dripped with attitude. I was a rock with a dabbling influence in blues walking in, but walked out a believer. I was SO bummed the day I heard SRV had died..I had just gotten to L.A. like a month earlier, and was walking back in my apartment from a job interview, and my roomie said "Dude, SRV got killed in a helicopter crash last night!"

Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

i remember exactly how i heard a guy came in and said in passing some of claptons road crew have died in a helicpter crash but i think clapton is ok ... not a massive clapton fan so just let it pass .. then a little later my mate i was in a band with at the time rang up work and told me this crash, well stevie was on it .. i was like no way .. it thru me i must admit ......
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

From beautiful to blistering. These people know how to use the power of contrast.

Comment

• Etienne
                      Commando
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      You do realize Little Wing is a Jimi Hendrix cover SRV did..?
                      Sure I know Little Wing is a Hendrix tune. You are right, my milestone award thing should go far back to the original, no doubt. I just like SRV's version so much.

Here's the Hendrix 1967 studio version:

Comment

• Etienne
                        Commando
                        • Aug 2010

Just Beautiful

Here's a wonderful Jeff Beck live version of Cause We've Ended As Lovers with a great bass solo played by Tal Wilkenfeld.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Etienne
                          Sure I know Little Wing is a Hendrix tune. You are right, my milestone award thing should go far back to the original, no doubt. I just like SRV's version so much.

Here's the Hendrix 1967 studio version:
                          To me the best Hendrix version was on the long out of print In The West album that was part of a flood of posthumous releases in the seventies. Due to some sort of dispute, the track was inexplicably replaced with another version on the CD rerelease last year.

Just for shits and giggles, here's a rendition of the tune by Beck himself. And you are correct, SRV's version is probably the finest ever made.

And Hiram Bullock's soloing on Sting's version is just flat out nuts, not to mention inspired as hell.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Etienne
                            Commando
                            • Aug 2010

Here's a great dynamic live version of Little Wing by Steve Lukather. The title of the video suggests Larry Carlton is part of the band, but I can't hear him playing. Anyway, this cover is outstanding imho.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              I still listen to the Jeff Beck material from the Blow by Blow era... Best damn rock/blues/jazz fusion ever produced.
                              Yep, and who was the producer? Sir George Martin!
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Etienne
                                Commando
                                • Aug 2010

Some of you maybe are shocked what I'm posting here, but give it a listen, it's worth it.

Jon Bon Jovi Blaze Of Glory with an amazing guitar solo (3:19) played by no one else than Jeff Beck. I doubt any 80s guitarist could have done it so good and suitable.

Comment

Working...