Eruption

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MrMeanstreet
    Full On Cocktard
    • May 2022
    • 23

    Eruption

  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

    • Oct 2004
    • 49264

    #2
    Meh...

    Comment

    • Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004
      • 32814

      #3
      A little sloppy but not bad. He’s got the tone dialed in pretty good. More of a processed sound though but the right flavors are there. You have to simulate everything Don Landee did in the studio to get the first album sound. What was coming out of Ed’s cab would have less echo and reverb and be more loose sounding. I was on the barricade at a 1980 Invasion Tour show and I could hear Ed’s backline. It was basically the sound of a dimed Marshall. Nothing like the studio recordings. It was more brutish and loose.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

      Comment

      • Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004
        • 32814

        #4
        Mike had a bunch of SVT’s daisy chained and cranked. Man the bass backline was brutal. Ed had to compete with Mike. Ha! Ha!
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

        Comment

        • MrMeanstreet
          Full On Cocktard
          • May 2022
          • 23

          #5
          Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Meh...
          Appreciate you gave it a listen
          Thnx!

          Comment

          • MrMeanstreet
            Full On Cocktard
            • May 2022
            • 23

            #6
            Originally posted by Nitro Express
            A little sloppy but not bad. He’s got the tone dialed in pretty good. More of a processed sound though but the right flavors are there. You have to simulate everything Don Landee did in the studio to get the first album sound. What was coming out of Ed’s cab would have less echo and reverb and be more loose sounding. I was on the barricade at a 1980 Invasion Tour show and I could hear Ed’s backline. It was basically the sound of a dimed Marshall. Nothing like the studio recordings. It was more brutish and loose.
            Thanks!

            Comment

            • Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

              • Dec 2003
              • 7516

              #7
              Originally posted by Nitro Express
              I was on the barricade at a 1980 Invasion Tour show
              I was on the barricade on the '80 Invasion Tour too. As well as all the other tours. I took this picture on August 24th 1980 at The Bicentennial Center in Salina, KS.

              Eddie Les Paul.jpg

              Comment

              • Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                • Dec 2003
                • 7516

                #8
                Originally posted by MrMeanstreet
                Nice job!

                I'll wait for Nickdnegativedouchebag to post his version of him playing it.

                Comment

                • Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004
                  • 32814

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Von Halen
                  I was on the barricade on the '80 Invasion Tour too. As well as all the other tours. I took this picture on August 24th 1980 at The Bicentennial Center in Salina, KS.

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]17285[/ATTACH]
                  Nice! Yeah he finished up the show with a Les Paul.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

                  Comment

                  • Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004
                    • 32814

                    #10
                    I was right in front of Ed’s microphone stand. The PA was way off to the side so what I was hearing was the backline and stage feed. Got to hear Ed’s real guitar tone. What you hear on the records has a lot of extra processing added.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

                    Comment

                    • Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 32814

                      #11
                      Ha! I remember Mike playing keyboards during that show too. That was my first Van Halen show. Roth had this crazy spandex suit with big fuzzy leg warmers. He was the only dude who could wear shit like that and have guys think he was cool.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

                      Comment

                      • Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004
                        • 32814

                        #12
                        Dave was what my dad used to call a fruit from California.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

                        Comment

                        • MrMeanstreet
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • May 2022
                          • 23

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Von Halen
                          Nice job!

                          I'll wait for Nickdnegativedouchebag to post his version of him playing it.
                          HaHa!

                          Thanks man!

                          Comment

                          Working...