X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smaz
    Commando
    • Mar 2004

Well............
    My friend has met The Datsuns twice. We went to see them yesterday and the support band, Tokyo Dragons, are a band that have realeased a single, are releasing an album in Feb but arn't that big yet. The venue they played in yesterday was about a 600 capacity room with a stage at the front and a bar at the back. The 'backstage' area was to the side of the stage. After the show, most people left except for mabybe twenty people and the Tokyo Dragons came out. My band were there and we spoke to the drummer and vocalist about possibly supporting them. They said to get in contact with them because they might need someone for Nov/Dec time. the vocalist we emailed a while ago and he said he heard bits of our song online and said it was good. Hopefully they like us and have a spare support slot..............
    Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

smaz, when you hit 18 years of age, pack up and go where the market is strong.
      2 songs will hardly get you anything more than a backyard party, bro.

Since you are so young now, I suggest you take a few years and write
      your own tunes and establish your own identity.

If i had it all to do over again, I would have left Ohio the day i
      registered for the armed forces.
      I stayed here and got stuck in the bar band rut never to break free.

Youth, it should not be wasted simply dreaming, make it happen...

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
        Youth, it should not be wasted simply dreaming, make it happen...
        I tell myself this every June the last 12 years with every new fresh crop of virgin arrivals blow into town!

Comment

• smaz
          Commando
          • Mar 2004

We do have a small set of our own songs, we don't do any covers, but we've only recorded once and only two of those songs were of good enough quality. At 18, we will go where the market's strong, maybe not move but we can then drive ourselves, not rely on others. We are writing songs all the time, but we're a little stuck for ideas and band practices arn;t as often as we need them to be as our drummer works most of the time.
          Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Cathedral
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

It's all about priorities, brother.
            That drummer thing you mentioned is an old war wound with me.
            We've had our share of drummers that were over extended in their
            daily lives.
            Truth is, if you are serious then everyone should make the needed
            sacrifices in their schedule to reach the goal.

Dead weight holds you back, and that just cannot be tolerated.

And you will need to play covers if you want to stay busy.
            Original tunes must be slowly fed to the crowds, and or sold at gigs
            on CD's for those who are interested.
            Word of Mouth and the occasional Free Giveaway CD will serve to
            attract people to your shows.

People coming to the shows will attarct the attention of club owners.

Think of yourselves as McDonalds, do you want to have the best burger
            in the business, or do you want people eating at Burger King?

It's not easy to make it in this business, especially today. Be tough,
            be smart, be determined, and push push push your product until it hurts.

Comment

Working...