Roadie
    • Nov 2004

Them dudes can f**king jam.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

MSG 2/28 part II

Random thoughts after a 3 hour sleep:

Dave could sing through a communicator from the original Star Trek series and make it work and look cool, so the headset didn't bother me. That being said, it clearly appeared to bother the shit out of him. It takes an awful lot of futzing with and repositioning. If he doesn't give up on it all together, one can only imagine he favors the hands free way of putting on his show.

Dave was a bit silly in Chinatown in that during the choruses, he kept mimicking that little china girl walk with his hands together and his big ass smile. Not what you picture him doing when you blast the CD, but what the hay. He deliberately boots the second verse to set up his "quick! to the chorus! I know the way!" line.

I recognized the two Charvel Art Series axes from the EVH workshop tour with Chip Ellis and Chris Canella. Beautiful stripes and colors! I loved the one that was white with black stripes with a field of red in the middle.

Ed clearly is beaming over what his ORIGINAL front man brings to the live show table. An hour and 45 of genuine smiles. Last tour, I'm not so sure about the genuine part.

At the end of I'll Wait, Dave lines himself up with Ed much like Fryingdutchman's avatar. Light and the music fade and they're still there. An awesome mental snapshot for me.

Dave does an awesomely funny bit in EWS that I can do no justice, which basically has the punchline of it being ladies night.

Tattoo was ions better live than the CD. More shake to it, no keys and a ripping solo with no power chords behind it.

No diss on Mike A what so ever, but getting him back at this point would only serve nostalgic purposes. The new guy owns the role. All other current rock bands must be jealous they don't have someone as solid as him. He clearly broke his ass from '08 to now. Hats off kid and thank you!

HAIL and GGB we're my favorites of the evening. It is a bit odd how Dave's verses to these two, and Women In Love for that matter, are just skit scats of the originals. It's no harm no foul, but still, notably different.

There was a guy with an old Roth Army shirt right behind me. Said Ol' #1 with a picture is Dave on the back. I pointed at his chest and said, "Hey! Who are you?!" which I think freaked him out a little. I think he said his name was Pat, but I'm not sure. Said he was a fan of the DLR Army, but didn't sound as though he was a current regular. He also filled the air with some of the good kind of smoke about half way in. Forgot to thank him for that!

With Dave's voice sounding stellar, I held out some hope that they'd take a stab at Blood & Fire, but once he yelled, "Say you missed us!! Say it like you mean it!!" in Hot For Teacher, I figured it wasn't happening.

The songs are virtually seamless. Never a drop of in between song banter, aside from "how's it sound so far?" maybe once. All spoken shenanigans are within the songs.

The black and white still shots of the band (not the Tattoo video ones) on the screen are awesome. They really should've put a couple of those in the CD cover.

My predictions for any Thursday 3/1 setlist switch ups are Outta Love and Mean Street return and who knows, Blood & Fire is not out of reach!

Ah. Time for work. This is gonna suck.

Comment

• Momshell
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

Let's start at the beginning! YRGM part one. Sorry for my random screams - couldn't control myself at times.
              Part 2 of YRGM to follow- will continue to post what I got.
              Sorry - didn't get whole songs - had to enjoy as well!!!
              Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

This video is Private !!

Comment

• Momshell
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

having technical issues!!! still trying to figure it out!
                  Stay Frosty!

Comment

• Momshell
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

should be ok now - still loading up new ones.
                    Stay Frosty!

Comment

• Momshell
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

YRGM part 2
                      Stay Frosty!

Comment

• Momshell
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

EWS part 1
                        Stay Frosty!

Comment

• Momshell
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

EWS part 2
                          It's getting all WAVY!!!
                          Stay Frosty!

Comment

• Momshell
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

RWTD
                            Stay Frosty!

Comment

• Momshell
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Romeo
                              Stay Frosty!

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

awww. EWS p2 cuts right at that killer kick. haha!!!!

Comment

Working...