X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katina
    Commando
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
    I'm old....font needs to be bigger so I can see it! LOL! I don't know, I guess I like to be expressive....
    I need the high size letters.....even with my glasses, I am 48 !!

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
      I expect more reviews and vids from this show...also did they make any allusion to this being their last show ever?
      I filmed most of the show. Was amazing. Posting the videos here as I can. I've done 3 so far.... they are HD and very large files so the uploading is taking forever. Doing "Romeo Delight" as we speak and it says it's going to be 152 minutes before it's complete. This is a fucking project! My vids will be my review. As for mentionging being the last date, Dave said in "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" during the break down that "take it down a little bit. This is gonna be our last show for a little while so when we kick back in I want it to be fucking LOUD." or something like that. My video of that will be posted in the next year I guess.
      Last edited by ALMOSTsaved; 06-27-2012, 01:59 PM.
      I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
        I'm old....font needs to be bigger so I can see it! LOL! I don't know, I guess I like to be expressive....
        Just wait until you hit your 40s. You'll get tired of the only way to read the newspaper's tv listings is by placing them on the bathroom floor while you sit on the toilet. Seriously, I've been wearing glasses for over a decade now, and quite frankly can not see a damned thing without them.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Well well well...

I would like to begin by saying I highly doubt that I will ever again spend hard earned money for any show at the New Orleans Arena. The sound in that place fucking sucks balls. Seriously...

Maybe at the very front the stage the sound would be good, but the echo in that place combined with Wolfie's overly buzzy bass sound made for virtually non existant bass during almost every song...

And I was expecting a much better sound from EVH based on some very good sounding youtubes...

Alex's drums sounded great though on his Neil Pert-like solo...

But anyway...

And Kool and the Gang were pretty damn good, I might add, although their sound also suffered from the Arena's terrible acoustics...

But anyway again...

Van Halen came out really hot with Dave hitting a few nice screams early on in Unchained, RWTD, She's the Woman and Romeo Delight. But the momentum was completely interrupted with Tattoo which just sounded flat and seemed totally out of place...

Then came EWS with some cool Dave banter followed by SGMAD which was pretty good...

Next up was China Town which Dave just can't sing and I don't understand why. He does fine on other songs that are in a similar register...

HAIL was next and besides a couple really good screams, fell flat with both Dave and Edward fucking up their parts equally,but it was ok...

Pretty Woman was next which was just kinda meh, followed by the cool drum solo...

Next up was YRGM and the momentum seemed to be back with Dave really acting like Dave and his voice sounded strong...

But then came The trouble with Never which was kinda hard to follow with the washed out sound. I doubt I would have been able to follow the song if I had not been familiar with it...
          DTNA was next and I really wasn't expecting much but it was surprisingly good and by this time the overall sound was slightly better...

I'll Wait was next and Dave sounded good but the sampled piped in keyboards sounded bad mixed in with the already washed out sound, which brings me to the next song...

And The Cradle will Rock was just plain bad in every way possible. The piped in distorted keys along with everything else being distorted sounded bad. Even the intro and the guitar break in the middle were piped in...

Then the momentum was back big time and the band ripped through Hot For Teacher, Women In Love, Beautiful Girls, Ice Cream Man (the dog story was cool) and Panama which all sounded as good as possible...

Then came the guitar solo and I was let down, especially compared to some of the absolute ripping solos he's done this tour. Ed's sound was bad, and he looked tired on the big screen and I saw a frustrated look on His face when he was trying to pull harmonics out of his black Wolfgang...

Maybe he was having a problem with one of his amps as I heard some harsh cracking that kinda sounded like a blown speaker at times...

The last good song was ATBL and it was killer with really good vocals (and a few good screams) and a great overall vibe that really sounded like VAN HALEN, BABY !!

Of course the last song was Jump and although Dave sang it good, Edward lost his timing trying to keep up with the piped in bullshit, which they really need to drop for good...

But overall it was good and Dave acted much more like the real Diamond Dave than he did earlier on the tour. His banter was cool and funny and he seemed more at ease than on a lot of the youtubes I've seen...

One last highlight was a killer scream from Dave just as Jump ended and he never said anything after that...I had goose bumps...

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Hey, anyone get any pics of the three in a row mic stand splits Dave did ??

That was awesome !!

Comment

• katina
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
              I filmed most of the show. Was amazing. Posting the videos here as I can. I've done 3 so far.... they are HD and very large files so the uploading is taking forever. Doing "Romeo Delight" as we speak and it says it's going to be 152 minutes before it's complete. This is a fucking project! My vids will be my review. As for mentionging being the last date, Dave said in "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" during the break down that "take it down a little bit. This is gonna be our last show for a little while so when we kick back in I want it to be fucking LOUD." or something like that. My video of that will be posted in the next year I guess.
              I will wait for your videos, and I want to see Dave saying " take it down a little bit, This gonna be our last show for a little while so when we kick back in I want to be fucking LOUD " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

He meant when the song kicked back in... just so you know.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

thanks big E.!

Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

I would like to add this about last night's show. This complete fucking dildo was sitting on our row about 8 seats down from me. When the lights were gradually dimming, he was standing up and yelling "Boooooooooooo" at the top of his lungs for a good 2 minutes. Then during "Ice Cream Man" while Dave was telling his story about the dogs, the dildo kept barking and barking and barking LOUDLY. I shut the video down at that point. I don't understand the fucked up mentality of people. I'm not even going to post that video on YouTube as I don't want the guy to be able to claim credit that he was the one barking. Fuck him. I did start filming again right at the solo with all the strobe lights. I may or may not post that. As it stands, I'm posting all my videos in order.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                        Full Member Status

• May 2010

This is my first post in any Tour Thread...I have seen the vids and read the stuff...Most Excellent...Elvis closes the tour leg with a great review simply and right to the point,... and still we know it isn't, "all about the music" it is about the night, the night with friends and the image of why we are here.....doesn't mater that VH hosted the party, we all came together in commen terms and have memories that bind the day.

Su'ummon should start a, than...Q - DLR and Van Halen- for a great tour and album... the thank you should cover DDE, VH, the Connections that gave our members front row to inimate shows, and all the vids, and such that kept us interested and informed....however; (it should not be sappy and all mushy like a fancy painted birthday card) ...and looking forward to future grazing .

DLR and VH...making a few days a little more interesting..and lyrical.

Everybody needs some.

P.S. Almost Saved wins the I know how to hold a camera steady and produce some fine vid award. Most Excellent.
                        Last edited by clarathecarrot; 06-27-2012, 04:03 PM.
                        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                          Your videos are amazing. Nice job dude, and thanks for sharing!
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot

P.S. Almost Saved wins the I know how to hold a camera steady and produce some fine vid award. Most Excellent.
                            Wow thanks so much! I mentioned earlier in the thread I just purchased the camera last weekend. I'm still fairly new at using this particular model but so far I'm digging it. One thing that it did, purely by accident was during the show all throughout, if it was a good focused show on the faces of the people on stage it took a snapshot. So all of my videos had snapshots taken from them as well and there's some amazing shots. All by accident. I'm okay with that because it was a VH show but if I was just out filming random shit, I wouldn't want it hogging memory space with snapshots. It's obviously a setting I didn't realize the camera had.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                              Your videos are amazing. Nice job dude, and thanks for sharing!
                              Thanks so much! I definitely intend to post them all. It's just going to take time. Good thing I have the next week off from work. I almost created my own thread with just videos as I was afraid the length of time this will take will cause some to be lost in the mix.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

We'll find 'em...

Comment

Working...