Banned
    • Dec 2003

That didn't work...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
      Wow thanks so much! I mentioned earlier in the thread I just purchased the camera last weekend. I'm still fairly new at using this particular model but so far I'm digging it. One thing that it did, purely by accident was during the show all throughout, if it was a good focused show on the faces of the people on stage it took a snapshot. So all of my videos had snapshots taken from them as well and there's some amazing shots. All by accident. I'm okay with that because it was a VH show but if I was just out filming random shit, I wouldn't want it hogging memory space with snapshots. It's obviously a setting I didn't realize the camera had.

You have a good eye.

I am somewhat familiar with image recording of things and alot of people have no idea why they have 7 cameras and it takes alot to get the movie theater pakage production out of a show.

I will say one thing the reason the sound board is where it is is because that is where all the speakers are designed to come into the singular sound that makes great music.

Someone up front and left is going to miss 1/2 the show sound wise....but they get the great view. Elvis saying that he couldn't hear Wolf yet he could detect a blown speaker in Ed's stack..etc...this to me sais that Elvis was infront of Ed up close...I amy be wrong...?

If you are 10 rows back you are going to get the visual, if you sit in the middle in the back on the second tier and bring binoculars, you get the sound and the visual, chicks don't dig me cause they think those are the cheap seats....not to me.

If we could tie your vid to some dude in the backs sound....wow!....I think that is why VH alows so many cameras it won't (all the single units) be everything that the concert DVD will be,.....Tour DVD... one can wish can't they..lol.
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        Damn G, Maiden Saturday night, then VH tonight! You had one hell of a week!

Congrats, my man!
        And this coming Saturday night I am headed back to New Orleans for a show benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project put together by a dear friend of mine. I volunteered to work at the show and he has given me an important responsibility. My job? To pick Slaughter up at the airport, take them to get some food, show them around and deliver them to the venue, then make sure everything backstage is in place for Slaughter and Lynam.

The Howlin Wolf, New Orleans' Premeire Venue for Music, Entertainment, Food and Beverages
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

I was fifth row...I panned back a few times just so I could get both Dave and Ed in the video. Being as close as I was, it made it seem at times all I was doing was focusing on Ed. Surprisingly, the sound on these videos is fairly clear. It might've been another story if I was on Wolfgang's side with all the bass.
          I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

As for mentionging being the last date, Dave said in "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" during the break down that "take it down a little bit. This is gonna be our last show for a little while so when we kick back in I want it to be fucking LOUD." or something like that. My video of that will be posted in the next year I guess.
            From memory I thought he said "Take it down a little bit, play it as quiet as you can, this will be the last time we do it for a while and I wanna slap the shit out of it."
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Wow thanks so much! I mentioned earlier in the thread I just purchased the camera last weekend. I'm still fairly new at using this particular model but so far I'm digging it. One thing that it did, purely by accident was during the show all throughout, if it was a good focused show on the faces of the people on stage it took a snapshot. So all of my videos had snapshots taken from them as well and there's some amazing shots. All by accident. I'm okay with that because it was a VH show but if I was just out filming random shit, I wouldn't want it hogging memory space with snapshots. It's obviously a setting I didn't realize the camera had.

You can get more memory cards at computer stores for cheap these days... I carry three in the case with my camera,,about 5 G if needed.

That way you can vid and still shoot with large image size and and then switch cards when full...then it will seem like work and you will wonder why you aren't getting paid...lol.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

My 4th video: Romeo Delight

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

My pictures were a bit of a mixed bag. Unfortunately I need to experiment with this new camera some more. The closeups I got were too grainy for my tastes.

Comment

• private parts
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2007

I would like to add this about last night's show. This complete fucking dildo was sitting on our row about 8 seats down from me. When the lights were gradually dimming, he was standing up and yelling "Boooooooooooo" at the top of his lungs for a good 2 minutes. Then during "Ice Cream Man" while Dave was telling his story about the dogs, the dildo kept barking and barking and barking LOUDLY. I shut the video down at that point. I don't understand the fucked up mentality of people. I'm not even going to post that video on YouTube as I don't want the guy to be able to claim credit that he was the one barking. Fuck him. I did start filming again right at the solo with all the strobe lights. I may or may not post that. As it stands, I'm posting all my videos in order.
                    This is when you take a picture of that dick head and post it in the 2012 Tour Douche Bag thread. Come on dude! Pay attention!

Here you go

Last edited by private parts; 06-27-2012, 04:56 PM.
                    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Northern Girl
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                      Nice ending! Haven't seen too many of these shots without Dave's goofy hat or someone in mid bow.
                      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                        Nice ending! Haven't seen too many of these shots without Dave's goofy hat or someone in mid bow.
                        Thanks. This is what I am talking about though, I had hoped for these type shots to be less blurry. I have a could of short vids and another camera to pick through so I may find more post-worthy material yet.

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

My 4th video: Romeo Delight
                          Man, I LOVE you. Thank you SO much for the videos and the pics!! The band is AMAZING!! God, I wish i was there to see them live.
                          The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                            You can get more memory cards at computer stores for cheap these days... I carry three in the case with my camera,,about 5 G if needed.

That way you can vid and still shoot with large image size and and then switch cards when full...then it will seem like work and you will wonder why you aren't getting paid...lol.
                            The camera itself has 16 gigs of space and I brought a 16 gig card as well. Thing is, for ordinary things I'm filming I don't really need it taking snapshots as the camera wishes. I'd like to have control over that. As for it doing it at the show last night I dig it as it was a pleasant surprise.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

NIce review, E. Too bad the venue acoustics suck ass. But then they do in most arenas.

For the DVD I am putting together, I was originally going to use the audio from a boot recorded (I think) from the 13th row on the floor, but the reverb of the venue was so prevalanet, I realized that the 2 guys up front who shot the entire show in HD had much better sound, so I am doing a 2 source merge and using that. The sound is much drier, much less room sound.
                              Only thing is Al's snare drum is not as loud as I would like, but the rest of it is pretty cool.

Ok folks, that's it until next year apparently (here in the US I mean).

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

The camera itself has 16 gigs of space and I brought a 16 gig card as well. Thing is, for ordinary things I'm filming I don't really need it taking snapshots as the camera wishes. I'd like to have control over that. As for it doing it at the show last night I dig it as it was a pleasant surprise.
                                My take anywhere camera has a setting to determine the amount of resolution for capture size and I usually have that set at maximum, so I burn thru cards after a certain amount op pics and such, it is way back in tech as compared to yours and even phones these days, but it is small and zooms 5x and that is cool.

That setting sounds wierd ( auto take ramdom pic setting) ..like, open the pod bay doors HAL, wierd..lol.

Nice stuff.

Comment

Working...