X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Light Em' Up!
    Veteran
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by So this is love
    Momshell, light em up, SNIPER, DAN, ZING, VANDALEUR, DAVIDLEENATRA, damngoodtimes, almostsaved... ETAL (meaning everyone elses I read or interacted in someway) thanks for everything during this tour...I never thought I was addicted so much to VH to keep coming everyday reading your post...I AM SUCH A DEVOTED CVH FAN AND FINALLY KNOW THAT OTHERS FEEL THE SAME. LOVE YA!!!
    Thanks So this is love....It's been awesome hanging out with all of you show after show!

Besides getting to see a show in our area on this next leg, the only thing that I think would make it even better would be if Sniper and I could meet up with any of you fellow soldiers at a show! I remember seeing the photos early on of many of you meeting up pre-show and it's so kick ass! Would love to be able to meet and hang out with others who "get it" as well.
    Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
      Veteran
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
      My 5th video: "Hear About It Later" and "Pretty Woman"... Goodnight!
      You did fucking awesome Almostsaved!!! Love each one of these!!! Thanks a million! I can just imagine what it would be like to really be there! Roth On!
      Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• katina
        Commando
        • Mar 2012

Thanks for the videos !!! I would love to travel for a VH show, and meet and hang out with Army members who feel the same love for CVH

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
          You did fucking awesome Almostsaved!!! Love each one of these!!! Thanks a million! I can just imagine what it would be like to really be there! Roth On!
          Thanks so much! Glad you like! Uploading more today. Probably tomorrow too.
          I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

My 7th video: You Really Got Me (I fucked up earlier and said "Hear About It Later" & "Pretty Woman" were the 5th when they were in fact, 6th.

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

My 5th video: "Hear About It Later" and "Pretty Woman"... Goodnight!
              They are AMAZING!!! BUT, why isn't Dave dancing in Pretty Woman like he used to? It was hot what he did in the 80-ies, those moves...
              The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• katina
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

My 7th video: You Really Got Me (I fucked up earlier and said "Hear About It Later" & "Pretty Woman" were the 5th when they were in fact, 6th.
                Thanks again for sharing your videos, WOW You Really Got Me !!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Those Sony HD cams are awesome on video and audio but it reveals how bad Wolfie's live bass sound is...

Michael Anthony's live sound is light years better...

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Those Sony HD cams are awesome on video and audio but it reveals how bad Wolfie's live bass sound is...

Michael Anthony's live sound is light years better...
                    I don't think the bass sounds too bad. I admit at times it does overpower Ed but I just figured it to be a volume issue more than anything.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

It sounds like he's playing bass through a guitar amp with the gain turned way up, and in fact he probably is...

His setup in New Orleans was two 5150 IIIs and one Fender 300 watt bass head...

If that's what he was playing through...

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

My 8th video: Dance The Night Away

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          It sounds like he's playing bass through a guitar amp with the gain turned way up, and in fact he probably is...

His setup in New Orleans was two 5150 IIIs and one Fender 300 watt bass head...

If that's what he was playing through...
                          I bought a "Guitar World Presents Van Halen: Eddie Van Halen In His Own Words" book a few months ago. In one of the interviews he mentions never liking Michael Anthony's tone. In fact he said he never had MA in his monitors when playing live. I wonder if Wolfgang's tone is really HIS or what Dad wants?

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Probably a little of both...

Comment

• bantonelli
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                              I didn't have a camera at our show in Reno 2008, and even though when I went to that show I didn't yet "get it", I fondly remember him walking out on to the walk around ramp. Stopping right in front of Sniper and I and looking Dave right in the eyes. Somehow, I also felt connected then.
                              I was at that show and it was the strangest venue I'd ever seen DLR play. Whomever was doing DLR's managing at the time (Matt Sencio?) booked him in the oddest place and I hope he never plays that venue again. Peeps were weird, old and had no idea who DLR was. They wanted us to sit and we shouted to them "we don't sit at a David Lee Roth concert....EVER" Reno is for sr. citizens and not ROCKERS.
                              "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

My 9th video: And The Cradle Will Rock...

Comment

Working...