• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momshell
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by VAN HLN CA
    Hope you get that Night!
    Just when I thought been there enough, the 2nd night Staples show front row was the entertainment night of my life since Old Days VH, without question best entertainment night of my life in Married/parent days and really figured 5th rowish to have tickets say Sec1, Row1, seat 1&2 at center aisle was misty sweet. First show on 1st was sec 111, row 11, seat 11, numbers fun :-) After losing Mom cancer coaster end of March four days after BDay, Wife almost killed in 4 car accident in April on 10 fwy, plethora of other rougher than expected life hurdles, This 2012 run and all the buzz build at Christmas & all things VH is the saving grace to keep me from trying Prozac. It may sound wrong but I live this band and 6/9 redeemed Fathers Day in Spades
    To have that joy for what may be last time in Staples is priceless let alone how perfect the show was, nothing but a rail and elbow room as we were comfortably in aisle entire night nobody in way and VH ether that still has me smiling almost 2 weeks after.
    Momshell You Will get yours just may be few months longer than you thought, something to look forward too ;-)
    Thanks! Sorry about all the shit you've been through lately. Throughout my life I've really depended on music, especially VH, to get me through the shittiest times. A lot of people don't get it (luckily my husband does) but for me, VH has always been the music to pump me up, to meditate to, to distract me, and to put a smile on my face even in the darkest times. I've mentioned this elsewhere, so I won't get into details, but I got really sick and needed surgery in the fall of '09 and the memories of the '07-'08 shows I went to really helped me get through it. The folks in the hospital got it as well - they let my husband get his iPod so I could listen to VH during MRIs and other procedures. That's why I don't get people that are not that into music. I'm really glad you had your show to help you - sounds like you really needed and deserved a major VH lift, and you got it in a big way!
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Momshell
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

This is the only YouTube so far....1:30 minutes of Eddie's solo recorded with a cell phone (poor quality). Better than nothing?

Stay Frosty!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Overnight: Van Halen rocks packed AT&T Center
        By Hector Saldaña
        Updated 10:59 p.m., Friday, June 22, 2012

The show: Van Halen at AT&T Center on Friday to promote its latest album, “A Different Kind of Truth,” the first with singer David Lee Roth since 1984. Kool & the Gang opened.

Attendance: More than 14,000; biggest show at AT&T Center this year.

First take: The San Antonio reunion stop took on added significance after word last month that Van Halen was abruptly postponing about 30 remaining concert dates. They'll play only two more shows — Houston and New Orleans. The official reason given was fatigue. But Alex Van Halen's rowdy 'n' rude drum intro certainly didn't sound tired at all on opener “Unchained” — and neither did whammy-bar-god guitarist Eddie Van Halen, son Wolfgang on bass or the shimmying, crotch-grabbing Roth, who called it a “Texas-style opening.” A growled, sexy and impossibly tight “Runnin' With the Devil” had fans on their feet.

A little later, Roth showed he's lost none of his bad-boy attitude: “Is it too early in the night to make a booty call?” he joked. When a female fan responded that she was born in 1982, he boasted, “In 1982, I was a naked, sexy ...”

Odd couple: Thank David Lee Roth's sense of the absurd and showmanship for Kool & the Gang opening the show. The hits were undeniable and the classy band, which included original members Robert “Kool” Bell, Ronald Bell, George Brown and Dennis Thomas, kept things funky and gritty. Ronald Bell and Thomas, in particular, delivered soulful outlandish stabs on their saxophones. But “Ladies Night,” “Get Down on It” and “Celebration” simmered more than ignited with this crowd.

Hector Saldaña
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Momshell
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Jump (so-so quality)

Stay Frosty!

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Momshell
            Here's someone to hate....
            To people hating on The Black Keys: they headlined Coachella, played the Grammys, won a Grammy, etc. Van Halen never did. #Destroyed— Eric Miller (@EDM1336) June 23, 2012
            Why on Gods green Earth would Van Halen want to play Coachella? A bunch of stinky hipsters that couldn't handle a shot of real whiskey unless it had a gallon of Red Bull diluting it. Fucking gross sissies.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              Why on Gods green Earth would Van Halen want to play Coachella? A bunch of stinky hipsters that couldn't handle a shot of real whiskey unless it had a gallon of Red Bull diluting it. Fucking gross sissies.

It'd be good to expose them to the Millennials. Like I said, my 80s drummer's kid is now a rabid convert (was a casual fan via his dad) after 1 show. And I couldn't resist ripping that kid...lol

Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• mug
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2005

The black keys sound like they ripped off petty, among others. I listened to them and they suck.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I'm not impressed by them, either. Wasn't ripping them in my tweet though, just stating a fact. The kid's a dummy.
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
                    It'd be good to expose them to the Millennials. Like I said, my 80s drummer's kid is now a rabid convert (was a casual fan via his dad) after 1 show. And I couldn't resist ripping that kid...lol

nice work!!!!
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Jetstream
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Dec 2011

"A growled, sexy and impossibly tight “Runnin' With the Devil” had fans on their feet." from the review....yes, it did but every song had the fans on their feet. I never such a supportive crowd and never saw Roth this damn good. I had to take a piss break and apologize to Alex for doing it during his drum solo (Michael Anthony's 'I trash my bass' solo is no longer an available option lol) but this was not like any piss break I ever been part of haha. People where literally running into the rest room during the drum solo to get it done quickly and get back and you could here people everywhere saying remarks like "they have not lost a thing" and "they are back". Van Halen were fucking amazing and tight as hell. Roth was even doing some splits with the mic stand and was jumping around like a whirling dervish the whole night. Astounding show
                      I got lost in the...

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
                        Unfortunately , a lot of people are hopelessly musically ignorant . I saw Van Halen in April ,
                        Alice Cooper last week and Ted Nugent just last night and there were a lot of younger people
                        at all 3 shows just digging it !

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                          nice work!!!!
                          Thanks...HE went there, y'know?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

So funny that he could be unaware of something so EPIC as the US Festival. Here is a reminder:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

I honestly had to Google what the fuck Coachella was.....

They had 80,000 attendance each night....

Oh for Christ sakes, Van Halen had 80,000 backstage in Camp Van Halen !!
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gene
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Sep 2004

Wasn't Van Halen one of the frist bands to get one million dollars for one show? When one million was alot of money back in 1983.

Comment

Working...