X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDABOAT1
    Groupie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
    yep, Dave was amazing last night, I think he sounded better than he did in Tulsa, ans Tulsa kicked ass!! The band, Eddie, Alex, and Wolfie were amazing as well, screw the haters, we know the truth!!
    I fully agree. SCREW THE HATERS.... for they not realize true greatness that is DLR!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
      Veteran
      • Mar 2012

Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
        Veteran
        • Mar 2012

A tease of Runnin' With the Devil....Dave sounds amazing!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Timely, useful, and relevant news with a focus on the law and how it interacts with our lives. From the courtroom to the boardroom, from the workplace to home.

Van Halen Concert in Dallas Last Night - Not 1982
          Jeff Weinstein Attorney
          Posted by Jeff WeinsteinJune 21, 2012 9:56 AM

Between 1979 and 1983 I experienced the absolute best times of my life except for marrying Christi and the births of our children. Those were the years I was at the University of Texas. Austin was only about 400,000 people then and six street wasn't anything like what it is today although the transition was in full swing.

There were a lot of great music venues. I certainly didn't realize at the time how good we had it. The concerts that came through were incredible. I saw so many awesome bands that I can't even remember how many concerts I attended.

I do remember one in particular. It was Van Halen. David Lee Roth was the front man during this period for Van Halen. This was just plain and simple rock and roll and we loved every minute of seeing them live. I remember the guy next to me standing in his chair and falling over backwards landing on his head only to be carried out by police. I remember the smoke that filled the arena - both legal and illegal. I can still hear David Lee Roth screaming "I forgot the f''ing words Man."

Last night I saw Van Halen again. The crowd looked a little different than it did 30 years ago. We all looked quite a few years older. Most of the guys had gotten a little bigger around the edges. The girls were fully dressed. There was no smoke. Instead of lighters throughout the concert everyone around me was filming the show with their cell phones.

Watching Eddie Van Halen play a guitar solo is truly incredible. At 56ish he still has the same musical talent that made you scream for hours when I say him initially. His brother still rocks on the drums and his son is pretty amazing on the bass. I was a little disappointed in David Lee Roth but let's face it I'm not the same guy I was 30 years ago either.

Seeing Van Halen brought back some really great memories of those four (4) years I spent in Austin. Although life is very good, it's just not like it was in 1982.

Drive Safe - XTHATXT

Say No to Distracted Driving

Jeff Weinstein

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Not to derail this or anything, but my Firefox updated today. When you open a new tab it has small pics of recent websites. screengrabs? Lookie what it did for Roth Army....hahahahaha!

(This is how I feel about all you that have been to shows I have missed)

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                Veteran
                • Mar 2012

DTNA!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2012

HFT

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2012

EWS

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jero
                      What a show! And dave sounded grate! They played Light up the sky at the soundcheck!
                      Even had a little chat with Edward in Dutch before the show.
                      and here is what he said to you: "Wat ben jij toch voor een ontzettende klootzak!"
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

No he told me: gelukkig dat die duitse reetneuker thuis is gebleven

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

LMFAO !! Gotta love Google translate....

To translate:

and here is what he said to you: "What are you still a big fucking asshole"

No he told me: "happy that the German reetneuker stayed home"
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jero
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

reetneuker = assfucker

Comment

• jero
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

But VA Beach, I love that german cunt!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jero
                                But VA Beach, I love that german cunt!
                                fuck you, too, bro!
                                Roth Army Icon
                                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...