X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• python3
      Full On Cocktard
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BenJammin
      Okay, since my bromance with Top Jimmy didn't work out, I decided to go it alone and man was it f'in awesome !

I've been bummed a little from the youtubes but as others have said, there's nothing like being there. There is definately magic happening on that stage. True, Dave had his usual speed bumps vocally, but nothing stopped me from grinning ear to ear and whooping it up the whole time.

I was on the floor, stage left and there was this little cutey by herself too that was really digging the show and dancing next to me all night and felt like I was 25 years old again (no I didn't get all 'old pervy guy' on her so no one start cringing).

I kept yelling 'ARMY ! ARMY! ' but none of you fuckers were around my seats and I didn't notice any RA shirts... so people probably just thought I was a drunk loon... I was, but anyhow....

I haven't been to a concert like that in ages and I'm really glad I decided to get my old ass up and down to SD and I would suggest if you feel any hesitation about seeing them you better get the stick out of your butt and do it!
      Good choice Ben. I did have an Army shirt on, but was on the right side of the center floor section. I saw one other Army shirt on the beer line after Kool And The Gang.

Comment

• Catfish
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
        OK.....so it's 9:30 pm Cali time as I type this.....and nothing? No knock on Cali but you guys show up in the 3rd inning of baseball games and leave in the 7th......is it that laid back on the left coast? Does anyone have any type of care in the world out there?......lol.....or is this just a San Diego thing..........and yes I'm jealous if it's that laid back and I'm here in cut-throat N.Y.
        People don't get what life is like out here. There is lots to do out here and more entertainment options that anyone could imagine. To say nothing of VH fans, but every single show of every single tour goes through here multiple times. It's not as big a deal as when a band goes to, say, Moline or Arkansas. As for showing up at games late, that's all about traffic. Ever seen 7 lanes jammed at 7:30 p.m.? As for leaving early--I got no defense for that
        Last edited by Catfish; 06-15-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• BenJammin
          Foot Soldier
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by python3
          Good choice Ben. I did have an Army shirt on, but was on the right side of the center floor section. I saw one other Army shirt on the beer line after Kool And The Gang.
          Too bad I didn't see any RA members, that would have been really cool on top of everything else. I quit looking for the shirts after awhile, I was losing my freakin' mind watching the super heros from my youth right there in front of me still doing their thing. I think that's about as close to a time machine as I'll ever get. I probably came across as some sort of middle aged jackass, but there was nothing getting between me and the good time I was having ... but boy do I feel it today
          "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Dave is killing it!

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Something about DTNA & San Diego. best versions the entire tour both in 2007 & 2012
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Dave's on fire in those clips!! Same goes for the rest of the band!! And yes, San Diego really is as great of a town as you've heard...Better, in fact. Go check it out, on a Friday night. Go downtown, park your car and you won't believe how many people are out walking around and how much there is to do. Spent most of my teenage summers there and a few years in the mid 90s. If you can't have a good time there you might as well walk out into the ocean and keep on going.
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            Dave's on fire in those clips!! Same goes for the rest of the band!! And yes, San Diego really is as great of a town as you've heard...Better, in fact. Go check it out, on a Friday night. Go downtown, park your car and you won't believe how many people are out walking around and how much there is to do. Spent most of my teenage summers there and a few years in the mid 90s. If you can't have a good time there you might as well walk out into the ocean and keep on going.
                            I have been there 4 times. Love Old Town. Lot's to do in S.D. Pacific Beach is awesome. Band sounds good.

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
                              Something about DTNA & San Diego. best versions the entire tour both in 2007 & 2012
                              Yes! Man - I simply had no idea where Dave was taking DTNA from the start, but it keeps getting better and better...

Loved that version!
                              Last edited by Zing!; 06-16-2012, 12:11 AM. Reason: Fucking Evylyn.
                              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I just about had a plane booked to one of 5 shows in Socal...I am holding out for the next leg instead...Hope it comes
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...