Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Light Em' Up!
    Veteran
    • Mar 2012

Finally a video!!! Yikes...sounds quality is shitty.
    Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
      Veteran
      • Mar 2012

DAMN! Look at all the energy!!!

Comment

• Momshell
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
        Well, Sadist, you are shit out of luck for video of DTNA so far....
        See post #27!
        Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

DAMN! Look at all the energy!!!

OK, can't crank it in the office, but correct me if I'm wrong: Dave just whipped out another epic scream ?/!!
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
            Veteran
            • Mar 2012

This one is better...

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
              Veteran
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Momshell
              See post #27!
              Oooops....sorry sister....my bad :-) Guess Sadist is a happy camper...LOL!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                Veteran
                • Mar 2012

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2012

This person got quite a few videos, but the sound quality on them is shitty....

Comment

• Catfish
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

My thoughts on the June 12 Anaheim show:

PROS:
                    --They played exactly the set that I wanted. Opened with Unchained (thank Christ!!), Romeo Delight, HAIL and Women in Love were outstanding. Especially RD. We got Trouble with Never, which is one of my favorites on the new album. I’m glad they played it instead of Blood and Fire. Trouble with Never was played perfectly. The set was a complete treat.

--Eddie’s solo was amazing. I can’t believe what 20 extra pounds and no booze or meth can do to someone’s playing. I think his solo lasted about 8 minutes; I wish it lasted 20. I don’t know how Alex’s solo went because I was pissing and buying more beer. I love drum solos.

--Dave was great leading into a couple songs. Pointed out that Uncle Manny was in the house tonight. Had some quips I’d never heard (not to say he hasn’t said them on this tour yet—I haven’t been playing too close attention): “Back in 1982 I was a sexy naked motherfucker!” I also dug, “these are vicious rumors stared by myself.” Capacity crowd ate it up.

--Dave’s energy impressed me more so than usual. He didn’t stop for 2 hours. The 3 or 4 roundhouse kicks were great. So were his splits.

--Dave came out with a hand-held mic. I know the headset is way in the past, but tell me there’s not a mothefucker among you who doesn’t hold your breath a little bit in fear that that horrible contraption will show itself again…

--Pure energy and Van Halen fire.

CONS:
                    --For all that I’ve heard about the lovefest, I did not see nearly as much inner play between Dave and Eddie as I wanted or expected. It was obvious that everyone on stage had fun, but it would have been nice to see a little more between Ed and Dave. It was nice when Ed intro’d Dave after Ice Cream Man, though. Some more interaction with Eddie and Wolfie (who barely got acknowledged all night) would have been nice.

--I was completely put off by Dave’s “attempt” to sing Chinatown. Terrible. If it’s too hard to sing, replace it. And he has GOT TO STOP his “I forgot the words” shit. I’ve said it so many times, and people always give me shit. The fact is, people believe him when he says it and it comes off wrong. It feeds into people saying he no longer “has it.” Dave can’t afford to let people think that, not with Eddie atop his game again.

--There was something missing in Dave’s performance in general. I can’t place it. I will judge him more harshly than any performer on the planet, and I’ve seen him in person in every aspect of his career, including Las Vegas, and something was missing last night.

--Not the band’s fault: No surprise, the Orange County crowd blew. I love shows at Honda Center, compared to other large venues like Staples Center (which always has a muddy sound). But OC people are so fucking boring. Everyone there had fun, it was loud, but lots of people were sitting, including in front of us, and, LOL, behind us. We didn’t give a fuck about those pussies. Enjoy our asses much? Then stand up, fags, cus we ain’t sitting.

OVERALL:
                    I wish I were able to go to more shows on this tour, as I loved this one. I didn’t bother taking pics or any of that stuff, I just drank my ASS off and fuckin’ partied. I’m happier for it. My voice is shot and I had a Van Hangover all day. The show felt rushed, but it kicked ass and I’d be surprised to hear if anyone—other than diehard asshole fans like me—could have any complaints. The band was amazing, even if DLR was lacking something. For as well as he sang in 07-08—and he sang his balls off—it’s not there this time around, I guess. Still was in complete command of the show and his stage, and the audience. It was a great night.

Comment

• Catfish
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Fuck, mine is the only review in this thread? I'm sorry--had I known it was on me I would have posted first thing this morning...

Comment

• SNIPER
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
                        Fuck, mine is the only review in this thread? I'm sorry--had I known it was on me I would have posted first thing this morning...
                        Hey, better late than never.

Comment

• Catfish
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

OK, I'm open for questions...

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                            Sniper
                            • Apr 2004

Did Alex come out and thank you for waking him up to the fact that Van Halen is shit without Dave? Did he come out, shake your hand, and say..."I have to admit...you were right."?

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

...because he should.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Oooops....sorry sister....my bad :-) Guess Sadist is a happy camper...LOL!

Yep yep!

Could listen to live versions of that song all fucking night long.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...