X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loucap81
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Zempi
    I have a feeling he is painfully aware as are the rest of them. But the trooper he is/they are keep going. I am sure he will do whatever it takes to get it fixed and is looking forward to resting..I hope he does not get discouraged if he does view them.

Even with this hopefully temporary less than perfect voice, I am super glad I saw 3 shows this tour. If I was geographically closer to any of the upcoming dates, I would go again in a heartbeat. When you are there, it is so great to be at the show.
    AMEN. Truly it's as if nothing else matters and all is right with the world at a VH show.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
      Bottoms Up?!?! Never saw that one coming!! Nice!

You only see this coming when they walk backwards.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Too bad Dave's voice is gone...

Nah....it's just out herding up sheeps. Look....just over that hill....here it comes .....click click tweet twoot
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BeOz
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Jun 2012

1st post, I was at the Shark Tank last night I have been to many shows there and the sound is the worst always has been so I expected it
          musically the band was tight Eddie played like he was 23 again he played great!
          Dave put on a great show love DLR but like fourthcoming said and like I told my brother either everyone is in denial or this is why the break is coming
          Dave's voice was beyond bad I want to see VH continue but if Dave can't get help for his voice call it quits
          I would love to see Ed play in another venue the Shark Tank sucks for concerts

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Back in the old days Dave had a that little echo type of effect that would boost in at parts. Is his vocal mix too dry this tour. Dunno, just thinking out loud so to speak.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by SNIPER
              Back in the old days Dave had a that little echo type of effect that would boost in at parts. Is his vocal mix too dry this tour. Dunno, just thinking out loud so to speak.
              I brought that up in the tour disappointments thread, though, not as a disappointment, but a possible solution. He didn't need the crazy echo back then but it helped flesh out screams and such. Now, added echo/delay could give a guy an extra second or two to catch a breath. These sets are no doubt, physical work outs.
              Last edited by DLR Bridge; 06-07-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                I brought that up in the tour disappointments thread, though, not as a disappoint, but a possible solution. He didn't need the crazy echo back then but it helped flesh out screams and such. Now, added echo/delay could give a guy an extra second or two to catch a breath. These sets are no doubt, physical work outs.
                Yes indeed.

Comment

• vanshipman
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

Hopefully Dave will get rested up and if there is a problem, get it addressed/fixed. But I'd still rather see Dave using sign language fronting VH, than that cheese eating, rum peddling, tequila pimping woman they had before...

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

They played Bottoms Up!!!! Nice, oddly enough, I suggested to my cover band at monday night's rehearsal that we cover that song.

When I jammed with these guys over 22 - 24 years ago we used to play that one, and a few other sweet VH gems.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

What's your cover band and where do you usually play?

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        What's your cover band and where do you usually play?
                        Well it's a new one getting going based on one from a long time ago. I used to jam with the guitarist and drummer over twenty years ago and those kids can certainly play it!!!! The name as of now is Mr. Softee......and humor is a good thing!!!

We just began gigging.....prob central jersey for now and see how it builds.....

Doing Zep, early aerosmith, Dave era VH, Beatles, STP, Sabbath, Ozzy, AIC, and many bands ZZ TOP, queen, Stones, motorhead, metallica, nirvana, ramones, pistols, clash, qotsa, lizzy, yadda yadda.....foo fighters, etc etc.......older stuff.....and working our way into new[ish]............but doing what we want......deeper cuts etc.........the geetar player is pretty dang good i must say.....

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

I also play some other bands too in the central jersey area......

Comment

• fourthcoming

Sounds like good stuff to me bro.....nice choice of bands.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'll keep an eye out for a gig. I'm in central. Great name by the way!

Comment

• RedEye
                                Groupie
                                • Jul 2007

It is clips like that breakdown in th emiddle.. where Dave pulls away from the competition and proves he is the MASTER frontman. There isn't a close second. I LOVE when he is 'on'... that is what makes Dave, Dave... and makes seeing him live worthwhile... we certainly want his voice 100% but if it came at the price of him losing what makes him him like in this video... I think we would all prefer a little rough voice and classic Dave than anything else.

Originally posted by Momshell
                                Don't think this one's been posted yet.....EWS

Comment

Working...