Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEye
    Groupie
    • Jul 2007

I just don't get how the reviewer can say the crowd came alive at the encore... shit the crowd was standing at the end of Kool and the Gang... and when Van Halen hit the stage the place was hopping... every time I looked around arms were being thrust in the air with the music... cheers... singing along.. sometimes I heard singing so loud it competed with the PA... maybe the floor gets all of the sound from above and behind projected toward the stage, I dunno. I am of course biased but looking objectively... I am honestly scared to see them again out of fear they don't live up to last night's performance. I can say I saw them at a high high peak.... maybe not early 80's peak but for me.... they ruined every concert going forward.... in a good way. Not sure who can beat that last night... and so much of it lays on Dave's charisma and being Dave. And the brothers + 1.... so tight it is scary!

Comment

• RedEye
      Groupie
      • Jul 2007

Sorry I am a post whore today LOL... but another thought about last night...

Paying for the VIP and getting to sit in sound check... with an empty arena... flu PA and no crowd noise to muddy the sound... to listen to the music as it is supposed to be heard, loud, tight, aggressive.... bass pounding your chest... the vocals out front (chorus)... I will never forget that feeling, feeling privileged to be there as one of 25-35 people... it may sound corny but it was an honor not lost on a fan since the age of 12... 40 now.

Was the VIP price worth it? To this fan yes... the sound check justified every dollar spent, mile driven, and minute lived. What I would give to get that 35 minutes or so again and again every chance I could get.

Comment

• Molly Blue
        Roadie
        • Apr 2005

it was the confetti
        Last edited by Molly Blue; 05-23-2012, 04:41 PM. Reason: in response to your post about how can he say the place came alive

Comment

• Molly Blue
          Roadie
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by RedEye
          Sorry I am a post whore today LOL... but another thought about last night...

Paying for the VIP and getting to sit in sound check... with an empty arena... flu PA and no crowd noise to muddy the sound... to listen to the music as it is supposed to be heard, loud, tight, aggressive.... bass pounding your chest... the vocals out front (chorus)... I will never forget that feeling, feeling privileged to be there as one of 25-35 people... it may sound corny but it was an honor not lost on a fan since the age of 12... 40 now.

Was the VIP price worth it? To this fan yes... the sound check justified every dollar spent, mile driven, and minute lived. What I would give to get that 35 minutes or so again and again every chance I could get.
          I'm glad you got to sit in on sound check... you had said that would make it worth the money you spent... and the drive... etc. as for beign a post whore... thats just the adrenaline. It should wear off in about 3-5 years.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

If Hagar had been in the house on Tuesday, however, he’d have realized that Roth is the guy most Van Halen fans prefer, by a long shot,

There. I fixed his review. All it needed was all them crazy words before & after this line removed.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• NIN1211
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
              There. I fixed his review. All it needed was all them crazy words before & after this line removed.

Can't resist...premonition?

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• NIN1211
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2012

gimme some rep power......

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by NIN1211
                  gimme some rep power......
                  earn it...
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

try one of these...

Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Damn!!
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                        Damn!!
                        beg your pardon?
                        Roth Army Icon

Comment

• loucap81
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2012

Anyone remember what they played in soundcheck? Any As Is or LUTS?

Comment

• RedEye
                            Groupie
                            • Jul 2007

As is...

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by NIN1211
                              Can't resist...premonition?

Damn ! That was just way too good !

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2012

Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

Working...