Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanCanHalen
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

If there is any faster medium to upload please let me know, and "I DO" have the YRGM footage with the "Jam session"":-)

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by VanCanHalen
      If there is any faster medium to upload please let me know, and "I DO" have the YRGM footage with the "Jam session"":-)
      What about Unchained??
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• vaijuju
        Sniper
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by loucap81
        So does anyone have a setlist for this show? It's not even up on setlist.fm yet.
        It was the the show with Romeo Delight et Girl Gone Bad

Unchained
        Runnin' with the Devil
        She's the Woman
        Romeo Delight
        Tattoo
        Everybody Wants Some!!
        Somebody Get Me a Doctor
        China Town
        Hear About It Later
        Oh, Pretty Woman
        Drum Solo
        You Really Got Me
        The Trouble With Never
        Dance The Night Away
        I'll Wait
        Hot for Teacher
        Women in Love
        Girl Gone Bad
        Beautiful Girls
        Ice Cream Man
        Panama
        Guitar Solo
        Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
        Jump
        http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• vaijuju
          Sniper
          • Jan 2008

more :
          Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
          Last edited by vaijuju; 05-08-2012, 04:49 PM.
          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• VanCanHalen
            Groupie
            • Jan 2012

Here is part of Unchained, enjoy!

Comment

• Momshell
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

HOLY SHIT!!! That is one amazing seat you had!! Unchained sounded awesome - love that jam in the middle. Great video! Thanks for filming and for posting!
              Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                No clue where we are besides Eddie's solo....God, I swear, when they come here, I already have traded numbers with Momshell. I swear Sniper and I will be keeping the Army posted :-) Then again, we are on the west coast, so who knows if Momshell will stay awake LOL
                To be honest with you, I think you should put the phone away and just enjoy the show. It's such an amazingly fun and exciting time you don't want to miss one second because you're fumbling around on your phone updating a setlist that we pretty much by heart. I'm totally not knocking on that by any means, it's just my opinion.
                I waited until the 5th time that I caught them this tour to pull out the phone and give, somewhat, a little play by play.
                It's fucking awesome - don't miss it, is my point here.
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Damn!! That jam was off the fucking hook!! I need to find the whole damn thing!

Comment

• VanCanHalen
                    Groupie
                    • Jan 2012

I have some camera pics, what is the best way to upload them?
                    Last edited by VanCanHalen; 05-08-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Momshell
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

BTW - teasers like this are dangerous with a bunch of crazies like us (ok, I'll speak for myself!) - I kept hitting refresh while I was driving home from work to see if the videos were posted yet! I know - not good!!
                      Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Zempi
                        Roadie
                        • Mar 2012

Great! You Did have great shots and seats! Where were they??

I have some camera pics, what is the best way to upload them?

Comment

• VanCanHalen
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2012

Row 2 Seats 18 &19 pretty much dead center

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

And I thought that 1st review was fucked up.....

__________________________________________________ __________

Eddie Van Halen's killer guitarwork barely makes up for David Lee Roth's subpar singing these days.

Van Halen's glory days are fading fast

Eddie finds poor old Dave's impassioned pleadings for a warmer scarf to be quite hilarious.

By Steve Newton, May 8, 2012
                            At Rogers Arena on Monday, May 7.

Some rock bands from the seventies can still bring the dynamite in both hands. The last time I saw Aerosmith—at Rogers Arena in 2010—they overcame rumours of a pending breakup by delivering a flawless, electrifying set. And two years before that, AC/DC roared through the same building with a stunning ferocity you just don't expect from 57-year-olds in short pants.

But Van Halen has not aged nearly as well as Aerosmith or AC/DC. As we discovered at Rogers Arena last night, the band is on its last legs as far as live performance goes, and those legs are unfortunately attached to the swivel-challenged hips of one David Lee Roth.

Diamond Dave doesn't get around much anymore, but that's okay because they've set up a little wooden floor at the centre of the stage for him to shimmy and slide around on while he makes the most of fidgeting with a long scarf that doubles as a sweat rag. That's okay by me; I realize that he's outgrown those flying scissorkicks he used to pull off in '84, and I could care less whether he runs around the stage or not. But I was really hoping that with all that standing around, he'd be able to focus on his singing and deliver some decent vocals. Sadly, that hardly ever happened.

Thank God for Eddie Van Halen. If it weren't for his shit-hot fretwork, the concert would have been an unmitigated disaster. But on rowdy VH classics like the opener "Unchained" and the set-closing "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" the guitarist brought enough ballsy fire to distract you from the subpar singing. His extended solo--which incorporated bits of the instrumentals "Eruption" and "Cathedral"--no doubt made the guitar freaks in attendance yearn for that solo album he's been teasing them with forever.

As expected, the rhythm section of drummer Alex Van Halen (Eddie's older brother) and bassist Wolfgang Van Halen (Eddie's 21-year-old son) laid down a steady foundation for the guitar legend to soar over, except on the encore, "Jump", which sounded surprisingly out of sync.

There wasn't much to complain about as far as the set-list went, although a couple more tracks from the band's impressive new album, A Different Kind of Truth, would have been nice. And the mediocre "Women in Love" should have been replaced by the intense "Little Dreamer", which was a highlight the last time the band played here, in December 2007.

For that show, the staging was very basic, but this time around it was even more so. You had Eddie's batch of amps at one end of the stage and Wolfie's at the other, with Alex's drums in the middle, behind Roth's little shindig setup. Apart from a few sets of stairs and one enormous video screen, that was it for bells and whistles. Maybe the band is on a less-is-more kick. Or maybe the Van Halens don't want be stuck with truckloads of gear, in case you-know-who stops moving altogether.
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

You know VA, I haven't even heard of any of these "Writers". The real music critics in this city are not these guys. I am ignoring them
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

What about Romeo Delight? GGB? Those were such great tunes last night
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...