X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Light Em' Up!
    Veteran
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Momshell
    Everybody wants some. I want some too! Yeah that just happened too! Lol— Bradley H Koger (@cortezdakilla) April 28, 2012

Somebody get me a doctor! @VanHalen— Shirley Ann (@ShirleyAnn78) April 28, 2012

Eddie Van Halen is better than ever if that possible..Diamond Dave...well he's giving it all he's got leg kicks & all. Gotta love him. #vh— larryblackwell (@lbjr59) April 28, 2012
    Hell ya!!! Love reading this stuff!
    Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Momshell
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
      Hell ya!!! Love reading this stuff!
      I think you're a candidate for our group!
      Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
        Veteran
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
        Don't be sorry. It's kinda fun. A lot of the members here change their avatars depending on their moods. Plus it's a good way to share a lot of different pics you like. This site isn't about being sorry but having fun and listening to VAN HALEN!!!
        Thanks for that Sadaist...I love being here at the Army!

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

BTW - there are a couple of CB's and douches tweeting but I refuse to give them airtime at the RA - f'in sheep!

Slay them with wild abandon, Momshell ---- SHOW THEM NO MERCY !!!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
            Veteran
            • Mar 2012

I think that's what got me into trouble in the first place!
            Well....I don't know any other cure besides "Somebody Get Me a Doctor" LOL!

Comment

• So this is love
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

I know - it's really hard coming down from a show, isn't it? It's been awhile for me, so I'm used to being here for the shows now, but the first couple after my shows were tough! I'm actually going to see a VH tribute band tomorrow night - gotta get something while I wait for them to come back to my area in July!
              unfair...
              Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                Veteran
                • Mar 2012

I think you're a candidate for our group!
                Unfortunately, I am still waiting for Step 1!!!

Comment

• loucap81
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2012

BTW - there are a couple of CB's and douches tweeting but I refuse to give them airtime at the RA - f'in sheep!
                  There are very, very few legacy rock and roll bands that approximate their heyday better than Van Halen are doing. Rush is probably the only other band right up there too. I saw The Police in 2007-08 on that reunion tour and while Stewart Copeland was still awesome, Sting and Andy Summers had lost a LOT off their fastballs to the point where some songs were barely recognizable. I was pretty let down having heard all the old bootlegs and then listening to bastardized songs. But I guarantee you those shows got better reviews than the Van Halen ones on the whole because I think that band has generally been looked at favorably over the years whereas VH have always gotten a hard time for whatever reason.

I think it's because there are still a lot of people out there that don't get Van Halen and never will. DLR is an acquired taste, no doubt about it, and some people just can't adjust. They want good technical singing which was NEVER what Van Halen was about. They're not complaining because the band can't play anymore, they're complaining about the way the band has always been and using their ages and legacy status as an excuse. They're ignorant people. I don't think it's particularly hard to understand--DLR is from the Bon Scott school of lead singing where it's all about showmanship, humor, wit and flair. Most of the time that style doesn't work but with those two bands it sure as hell did.

Just remember the joke's on them. Few people read newspapers and far less are reading some no-name bozo's twitter comments and giving a crap about them.

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

Thank you for whoever reloaded my thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!love ya

Comment

• Momshell
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                      Unfortunately, I am still waiting for Step 1!!!
                      sorry
                      Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

It's painfully obvious a LOT of the negative reviews on this tour are coming from the Van Hagar Sheepie Scumbags. They grew up thinking VH was all about pitch-perfect love ballads that are supposed to pry tears outta your eyes with a crowbar!

PURE IGNORANCE ---- these dipshits need to watch the '82 Largo show or '83 US Festival to finally understand what REAL Van Halen was always about ---- loose, crazy fun that didnt sound just like the records. Stay home and put on the earphones if you want that shit --- people went to a Roth VH show to drink and celebrate SEX, DRUGS, and ROCK 'N ROLL.

Originally posted by loucap81
                        There are very, very few legacy rock and roll bands that approximate their heyday better than Van Halen are doing. Rush is probably the only other band right up there too. I saw The Police in 2007-08 on that reunion tour and while Stewart Copeland was still awesome, Sting and Andy Summers had lost a LOT off their fastballs to the point where some songs were barely recognizable. I was pretty let down having heard all the old bootlegs and then listening to bastardized songs. But I guarantee you those shows got better reviews than the Van Halen ones on the whole because I think that band has generally been looked at favorably over the years whereas VH have always gotten a hard time for whatever reason.

I think it's because there are still a lot of people out there that don't get Van Halen and never will. DLR is an acquired taste, no doubt about it, and some people just can't adjust. They want good technical singing which was NEVER what Van Halen was about. They're not complaining because the band can't play anymore, they're complaining about the way the band has always been and using their ages and legacy status as an excuse. They're ignorant people. I don't think it's particularly hard to understand--DLR is from the Bon Scott school of lead singing where it's all about showmanship, humor, wit and flair. Most of the time that style doesn't work but with those two bands it sure as hell did.

Just remember the joke's on them. Few people read newspapers and far less are reading some no-name bozo's twitter comments and giving a crap about them.

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
                          Don't be sorry. It's kinda fun. A lot of the members here change their avatars depending on their moods. Plus it's a good way to share a lot of different pics you like. This site isn't about being sorry but having fun and listening to VAN HALEN!!!
                          talking about changing avatar...its been a while
                          Last edited by So this is love; 04-27-2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by TJMKID
                            It's painfully obvious a LOT of the negative reviews on this tour are coming from the Van Hagar Sheepie Scumbags. They grew up thinking VH was all about pitch-perfect love ballads that are supposed to pry tears outta your eyes with a crowbar!

PURE IGNORANCE ---- these dipshits need to watch the '82 Largo show or '83 US Festival to finally understand what REAL Van Halen was always about ---- loose, crazy fun that didnt sound just like the records. Stay home and put on the earphones if you want that shit --- people went to a Roth VH show to drink and celebrate SEX, DRUGS, and ROCK 'N ROLL.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by So this is love
                              talking changing about avatar...its been a while
                              Grrrr!!! :-) LOL! I promise I won't change it....for a few days....I liked this one because we were at the Rainbow in Hollywood, and he's sporting a VH shirt...there's really a reason for my madness....

Comment

• loucap81
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Apr 2012

Yeah and if they watched those 1982-83 shows they'd be saying, "See this is why Roth sucks and Hagar's great. Roth was immature and didn't sing but when Hagar came on board they finally matured and he was able to hit high notes."

They just don't get it, never will, it's not worth our time. It's the same reason why that Hagar thread shouldn't be in Main, he's not worth the time. Think about it this way--if the band can pretend that Van Hagar never existed, why can't we?

Comment

Working...