X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
    I'm not interested in... any thread derailment shit.
    Ooops... Sorry Lou!

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr Walker
      Where's the 'groan' button?

Welcome back Lou.

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

I don't understand the problem with the 'blowers' or should I say, I don't know why it's an issue now.
        I mean thirty something years of doing shows... a great deal of them in the summer... and now in 2012 air conditioning is an issue?
        Could it be that the huge screen puts off a lot of heat... causing any kind of cold draft to be troublesome to the band on the stage?

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

This completely sucks...rainy, 40 degrees and its Monday..2 days after seeing the Mighty Van Halen..what makes it worse I just hit Subway for lunch and they are playing HFT on the radio..*sigh*
          Great reads Lou and Carmine..great to meet you guys..even tho I was waiting for Carmine to jump the table thinking I snagged his VH lighter..lmao..sorry dude..I wouldnt do that to ya..still blown away you 3 made that trip..hope the great show made up for the feeble crowd..." owns shit"..lol..that was great,,I am normally pretty damn quiet actually..just ready for a great night..

Comment

• perrin29
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by loucap81
            Alright guys I couldn't resist anymore. Most of you can guess who I am. Carmine urged me to come back this morning and that's what pushed me to finally break the seven and a half year absence from this place. This is the username I use for most websites and I intend it to be symbolic of a slate wiped clean here. Last time I posted here I was 23. Now I'm 31. I'll defy anyone who says they were the same person at both of those ages. I'm not interested in arguing, personal attacks, politics, any thread derailment shit. All I want to do anymore is celebrate the mighty Van Halen. If there's nothing I can do or say that will convince you I'm anything but an asshole that's fine, just please don't derail the thread and ruin it for everyone else. I'm not taking the bait either.

So with that out of the way I'd like to say that the euphoria and good times of this outing have not yet worn off yet. Which is really good to combat a dreary, cold Monday morning here. As you know I took the road trip down to Greensboro, my first time there. I liked the fact that the Coliseum is one of the remaining buildings in this country that VH played 30 years ago, so I tried to absorb that and pretend I was alive and was seeing a concert in that era.

Met up with Carmine and Ginny as I had a month prior in Atlantic City. The three of us went on over to Fat Dog's which is conveniently located across the street from a sex shop and an African braiding salon, you know in case you need to take care of those things before the show. Carmine already laid out who showed up. I hadn't met any of you guys before (though I was emailing Sparkie prior to the show) and I just want to thank you all for a great time. So Carmine, Ginny, Pojo, Va Beach, Fairwrning, SparkieD & Tiki Tom, all of you were great and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out, drinking Yuenglings and eating those strange, not-so-Teriyaki wings

Also two more Roth Army members really wanted to carpool with me but at the last minute had some unfortunate circumstances that prevented them from going. So Zempi and VanHalener, I made it clear to everyone that you wanted to be there and we all felt bad you couldn't make it person, though you were there in spirit. I did audio record the entire show and put it up on Dime, and it's dedicated to you guys.

Ended up buying a fourth row seat on Eddie's side before the show at the box office. $99.50 done, would have paid $15 more had I bought it on Ticketmaster. Perfectly good seat if you don't want to pay for the floor. This was a terrific show, probably the best of the seven I've seen on this tour. Everyone was firing on all cylinders, including Dave. As soon as he and Eddie did an improvised jam during "Unchained," I felt this could be a special night. Dave's voice sounded clean and powerful, as good as he was in 2007-08 when he was the one holding that tour together. It would have been nice to get a setlist change (this was now the fourth night in a row doing the same setlist), but the performance was so precise, Dave was very much on top of his game and chock full of humorous Rothisms, I can't complain. Others have already commented about "Dance the Night Away" and it was really heartwarming. "Women in Love" was bizarre with the rant but whatever. One song that I don't think got enough attention was "Everybody Wants Some!!" The Rothisms in that were hilarious with the "Oh yeah" thing in the beginning, the "thunder and lightning" thing and then when Dave talked about 1982 and how good he looked. I thought the interaction between Dave and Ed was plentiful and genuine. They truly felt like a real band. As others said it was hot as hell in there but if Dave sings like THAT every night I'll gladly put up with it.

After the show Carmine and Ginny were understandably exhausted and went back to the hotel. The rest of us recovened for a half hour at Fat Dog's to put a little bowtie on great night. I had a shitty drive home in rain and traffic but couldn't care less. I can't get enough of VH and these meetups and I'm glad the good times will keep coming through the summer months. I'm already excited about Cleveland.
            I just watched that Dance The Night Away clip. That was pretty cool of Dave to acknowledge the kid in the front. Must be cool to see different generations of fans at your shows.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

welcome back, Lou. which of us wasn't an asshole at 23? (or 39, as the case may be...)

After 6 shows on the last tour, I feel like a lightweight with only 2 so far compared to Lou, Carmine, VAiN and Momshell.
              David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
              — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

And now the circle is complete.

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by perrin29
                  That was pretty cool of Dave to acknowledge the kid in the front. Must be cool to see different generations of fans at your shows.

Dave is quickly learning to endear himself to the audience with cool stuff like this ---- you aint gonna win 'em over with blower rants!

Comment

• private parts
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by TJMKID
                    Dave is quickly learning to endear himself to the audience with cool stuff like this ---- you aint gonna win 'em over with blower rants!

Beautiful man! Just BEAUTIFUL!
                    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by private parts
                      Beautiful man! Just BEAUTIFUL!
                      Yeah, isn't it?

That is my favorite song and by far the best one of the night from when I saw them in 2007. Love it! MORE MORE MORE!!
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                        welcome back, Lou. which of us wasn't an asshole at 23? (or 39, as the case may be...)
                        soon to be 44, checking in...
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Hey, for anybody interested in a floor seat for the Charlotte show PM me. I'd rather hook up one of you crazy bastards than sell the damn thing to some stranger
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by TJMKID

That was so cool and a great version of dtna
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

That is great. Out of curiosity, for those of you with kids - how old would your kid have to be before you would consider taking them to a VH show?
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                                That is great. Out of curiosity, for those of you with kids - how old would your kid have to be before you would consider taking them to a VH show?
                                I would first really make sure they're interested in seeing the show, and not basically dragging them there because Daddy wants you to see his favorite group...

As Poj and I were talking about after the show, we saw kids, with expensive floor seats, sitting down and texting while everyone around them was on their feet the whole show....

Secondly, you need to be aware of just how loud the show is.... To us, it's a great sound, but to a kid, that can be too much....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...