Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Other than that fat fuck in the bowling shirt who almost had his dental history erased, I have to say it may have been the best Van Halen show I have ever seen.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Sounds like you guys had a rockin night
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Momshell
        Was really hoping to make my 1000th post LUTS! Looks like no surprises tonight. I gotta get to bed. Watch - I'll wake up to find out they ended with Stay Frosty.
        Congrats on a 1000 posts :-)
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Carmine
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
          Other than that fat fuck in the bowling shirt who almost had his dental history erased, I have to say it may have been the best Van Halen show I have ever seen.
          That's sig worthy...lmao...

Comment

• Momshell
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by vandeleur
            Congrats on a 1000 posts :-)
            Thank you! (still don't know how or why, but I'm outta thanks!)
            Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Momshell
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

This is the only YouTube I could find.....Eddie's solo
              Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• ODShowtime
                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

It's funny seeing 2012 people react to the mighty Van Halen. "Tweets" about Van Halen. Give me a break! The vapid, stupid, TMZ culture is just a fucking joke cuntpared to the beer drinkin', hell raising', kick ass rock and roll lifestyle. I'll take the hardcore classics over the disposable bullshit of 2012.

People are so gay these days. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
                gnaw on it

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                  Just got home and got kid to bed. Absolutely killed it tonight.

I was hoping for some different "flex" songs tonight. Only got Hail as a different song from Louisville. HOWEVER, everything was better, particularly the ADKOT songs and the new old songs this tour (Women,Outta, , etc).

Dave had some great oneliners and had a TON of energy. Ed was just Fuckin stellar.

Gotta get some sleep, I'm getting up same time as the whore. What a night!
                  Look for HFT on the youtubes. The ending was STELLAR. Dave: "that was the best one yet".

shit, wish I had more time to write this am, but gotta get work done. Just know this y'all: they keep getting better on this tour. What a fuckin' night!!!

This is silly, but my favorite moment might have been when my 11-yr old, all on his own, raised his right hand during SGMAD and did the train whistle right on fuckin' cue! Proud moment for dad....

Also, Dave did the substitute teacher joke during HFT about Panama being down the hall and 5 songs from now...exactly 5 songs later, the kid looks over at me as Panama kicks in and holds up 5 fingers and a big grin - guess he was counting....
                  David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                  — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• fourthcoming

I hope it's not Uncle Dave putting the kebosh on some of the tunes they are playing in soundcheck.

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                      I hope it's not Uncle Dave putting the kebosh on some of the tunes they are playing in soundcheck.
                      I can't see them doing LUTS, he struggles too much in that higher register...
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• atlantakat
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Oct 2010

Best VH show I have seen since back to back nights at the old Checkerdome in the summer of 1984. The band sounds great. DLR had a good night. He ducked a few high notes and did not use his low speaking voice on the interludes from the new material (Tattoo and TTWN) but I thought he played the vocals pretty straight all night. He did "forget the words" on Outta Love and invited the crowd onto the chorus like he was a tour director (he said he was allowed to do so since he wrote the damn lyrics). At his request, all air conditioners at the arena were turned off so it got a bit "sweaty" on the floor. But well worth it as DLR was not distracted by any technical issues (except a quick order for the crew to turn off a broken monitor on stage right). Very impressed by Wolfgang. Pulled off the unison runs with EVH on STW and CT very well. Backround vocals were clear and strong. EVH played impeccibly all night -- the only time he struggled was with a few of the higher arpeggios on Cathedral, seemed like the timing of his the delay with the volume knob swells were a little off with the left hand hammer ons -- but I did not hear an off note for the rest of the show. Al was rock solid all night -- drum solo is indeed much shorter than prior tours, with the jazz/latin samples throughout. The band seemed to be in good spirits and interacted well. DLR smiled with his Cheshire Cat grin whenever he was not hamming it up and doing little dance steps. There really is no let up in the set -- no messing around between songs, very little time to catch your breathe and no encore per se. Just classic VH, delivered steaming hot with no BS.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                          Only got Hail as a different song from Louisville.
                          If I hear HAIL tomorrow night in Greensboro, I'm a happy guy....

They've been playing HAIL just about every night now, haven't they ??
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TJMKID
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                            People are so gay these days. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Actually ---- there's a lot wrong with it.

When I see all these dumb 20-something cunts sending out Tweets like "God I miss Sammy" ---- these are the same people who are taking over the next generation from us. These cumstain cowboys are the next wave of CEO's and politicians who will control America.

That makes me vomit chunks.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                              If I hear HAIL tomorrow night in Greensboro, I'm a happy guy....

They've been playing HAIL just about every night now, haven't they ??
                              I traveled from South Mississippi to Greensboro on the last tour. Was a trip to remember. The city was great. The show was amazing....but the road trip there was the worst I'd ever encountered. (Tire blowout, Atlanta traffic, mutliple car accidents tying up the roads for an hour at a time). There was a split second where I almost said, "Fuck it" and turned around...and then I remembered it'd been 23 years that I'd waited to see Dave and Ed on stage together again and then it became a mission.

At the show I was wearing a shirt that said, "It Ain't Van Halen Without David Lee Roth." I still can't remember where I ordered that from....possibly DDLR site. Some dude came up to me and said, "You're one of the crew!" I forgot I was wearing the shirt and didn't know what the fuck he was talking about...and he pointed at my shirt.

I uploaded my video for "Runnin' With The Devil" that night when I got back to my hotel and Blabbermouth picked it up and the hits were ridiculous...then I uploaded my other vids and they took off too. VH was back and all was right in the world.

This posting is probably best suited for the Greensboro thread...
                              I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by atlantakat
                                He did "forget the words" on Outta Love and invited the crowd onto the chorus like he was a tour director (he said he was allowed to do so since he wrote the damn lyrics).
                                I think the quote was something like, "that's OK, I was here when we built this song." Dave's banter was on all night, but atlkat is right, very rapid-fire, not much wasted time at all.
                                David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                                — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

Working...