• Jun 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
      Sounds like the blower thing gets him pissed
      Drunk or mad?

Comment

• FALCO
        Groupie
        • Jun 2004

Hey all... just got to work... let me gather my thoughts and will have a review shortly...

\m/ \m/
        NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
        'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
        "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by So this is love
            They really played hear about it tomorrow? lol
            Ha! That's great! Yay beer!
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Oh yeah, the blower rant was epic. Best one of the tour so far. The show definitely moved along pretty quickly with little to no talking in between songs.
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chi-town324
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2007

i mean can every arena have a blower problem? both shows in Chicago at different venues...now tonight again? ....ummm

Comment

• VAiN
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by chi-town324
                  i mean can every arena have a blower problem? both shows in Chicago at different venues...now tonight again? ....ummm
                  I agree.. Odd indeed. He definitely makes it sound like they told them before the show. This is the first time Dave actually stopped a song though. It was at the beginning of HFT tonight.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Vain you said daves voice sounded good so there seems no need to blame blowers if he was struggling with his voice

Comment

• FALCO
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2004

Hey all... ok... from what I have read so far in the quick reviews ... seems all is correct... NO Me Wise Magic or any real surprises... Hear About It Later was back (my favorite song, so that rocked!!!)

The band hit the stage and the (mostly) sold out crowd was into it... and Unchained set the tone (perfect opener)...

Very energized and just a great band!!!

Dave sounded VERY strong... he still butchered (in my opinion) Dance The Night Away, Beautiful Girls (some ridiculous nasally voice, like the Downtown Sessions) and the choruses of Chinatown (although he toyed with a lower register in verse/bridge parts and it sounded good) ... I also don't like the way he goes high in the chorus of Hear About It Later as opposed to doing the root note... but I know I'm being picky since I sing...

That being said (and I've mentioned this before) there is really NO reason for Dave to be hacking these songs, as he is singing them way higher than they were originally intended and if he just stayed in his natural tone and melody they would ABSOLUTELY KILL...

I say that because he SANG THE FUCK out of I'll Wait and Women In Love and his voice sounded absolutely killer... I'm sure once the YouTube vids come up there will be more critical analysis... but I thought overall Dave really benefitted from the break... he was strong and held a few long powerful notes... even some of his yelps were quite strong and I even heard a 'classic' Dave (short) scream in Ain't Talkin' Bout Love ... he was very animated (in the first half pre-blower incident) and slipped on the dance floor a few times and dropped his mic stand also... but he just kept on motoring and being the legendary frontman that he is!!!

The part about Dave saying he forgets the words in Women In Love was actually because Eddie fucked up the song!!! It was quite funny as he was supposed to go into the solo and he kept singing the chorus!!! The camera was on him and on the big video screen you could see him look over to Dave and Wolf and clearly mouth "I fucked up" and then just started laughing... that is when Dave said the "go to the solo... No big deal, I forget the words all the time" ... had EVH's back!!! Very loose and cool and quite funny... actually, the band seemed like they forgot a few things during the break, but it really made the show a bit more natural and not "robotic" ...

The backing vocals were strong, Wolfgang Van Halen is a fucking killer player (can we PLEASE END the Michael Anthony whining already) and Alex Van Halen is just a monster...

I don't even know what to say about Edward Van Halen except this - Edward Van Halen ... really that is all one has to say... completely mind blown as to the EVH we are getting to see today... shredded shredded shredded...

The blower incident really set Dave off!!! He did stop Alex in the middle of the intro to Hot For Teacher and really went on a rant... and I have to admit, as much as I thought it was part of the "schtick" like "I forgot the fucking words" (which Dave did NOT do tonight) the blowers were REALLY blowing... we had club seats and were freezing ... I know how much that can fuck with your voice while trying to sing and DLR totally lost it... which set a much quicker pace from that point on... he definitely was set off and left the stage about 3 or 4 times to really let somebody have it... they eventually DID stop blowing...

He did compose himself to announce after EVH's great solo "The winner and still champion - Edward Van Halen!!!"

Was funny watching EVH do the wierd foot sliding thing DLR does on the dance floor a few times... although I didn't see a 'Flying Eddie' tonight (unless I missed it)...

They extended the Dance The Night Away breakdown part so Dave could talk about the Latin influence on the song (since he was in South Florida) and told quite a hysterical story about the Latin community in California when they first wrote the song and they played it every night and the dances the different types of Latins would do during the song... I'm sure there will be video... was definitely a comedic moment and the band was riding it!!!

I was with 3 other people (all VH fans) and we all had a great time... as I feel did the entire venue!!! Really good reaction!!!

Ok... that is it off the top of my head...

For all the South Florida VH fans, my cover band 'The Smokin' Aces' (www.Facebook.com/TheSmokinAces) will be at Murphy's Law @ Hollywood Hard Rock This Friday and next Friday (11pm) and downtown Ft. Lauderdale @ Dicey Riley's this Saturday (11:30pm) ... we do a few classic VH tunes as well as 60's - today!!! Check out the Facebook page for all our Photo Albums from each gig... it is quite the MADNESS when we play!!!

\m/ \m/
                      FALCO
                      (The tattooed shaved headed guy with the 'Van Fuckin' Halen' T-Shirt on tonight!!!)
                      NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                      'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                      "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• VAiN
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        Vain you said daves voice sounded good so there seems no need to blame blowers if he was struggling with his voice
                        Dave really sounded great all around tonight.

Comment

• sob33316
                          Groupie
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by VAiN
                          Dave really sounded great all around tonight.
                          i concur

Comment

• sob33316
                            Groupie
                            • Jul 2005

Vain,

did you and john have fun in the box? how was the pre-party at tiki?
                            I didn't get off work til almost 6....sorry i couldn't make it by.

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Bring On The YouTubes.
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Yeah I wanna check out daves Latin story

Comment

Working...