X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by binnie
    The new material, in general, is not sounding all that great live. The possible exception is 'She's The Woman'.

'Chinatown' is a little too busy......
    I think they should do Bullethead and also Beats Workin.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Beats Workin, although a great song would not be a good choice for the live set at the moment. This ones got some of the highest vocal work on the album all through the verses. If everybody wants him to stay in a low register this one is out.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
        I think they should do Bullethead and also Beats Workin.
        Bullethead, yes. Beats Workin is supremely out of his range right about now. I think for fun, they should work in She's My Machine. I know, never happen, but would work and kick ass at the same time.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          I'm thinking they should put the tour on hold until Dave gets his voice in shape...

He pretty much sucks at this point and the ticket prices are in the stratosphere...

Prediction:

Van Halen as we know it is done after this tour...

They have a 9 day break starting today... should give Dave a break to rest the pipes.

Musically China Town is great... but it's a tough one vocally due to the higher register and pace. I'd rather they played Stay Frosty instead...

Hoping our friend at DDE uses this break to send a few more exclusives our way... it would be cool to see a bit of the behind the scenes on the tour like pre-show at MSG or the band just clowning around between gigs.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

I'm hoping they announce additional dates.
            WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• NIN1211
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SNIPER
              Oh brother, Dave has his shtick and you have yours.
              I was there last night....the place was jam packed, not 1 empty seat. Everyone was on their feet the whole show. I was surrounded by people between ages 13-50 (many 20-somethings) and everyone other person was buying a shirt. Dave was funny, sounded fine, and was coughing his ass off the whole night. Yet, he brought the house down. If VH is done after this....they will still be going out on top. Trust me....I'm an expert!!!!

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• Carmine
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                Well...I said it in other threads but I might as well say it here too. Dave sounds like he just can't keep up with China Town. There are moments when the band just gets way out in front of him and it sounds like he's struggling to keep the pace.

I'm not sure that HBSD would be the way to go either. Those are some pretty rapid fire lyrics, and I fear it might just exacerbate the problem.

Maybe give it a go...but if it doesn't work the first time around just dump it.
                Agreed, Chinatown in AC was bad...rumor has it that they've sound checked HBSD...but obviously ,it's yet to make an appearance in the set list...I chose that because out of all the new songs, it has the lowest tone needed...I dunno, your point about I'll wait, Woman in Love, GGB, even Outta Love Again is right, he's nailed them...I dont get why Chinatown is coming off so bad...

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Carmine
                  Agreed, Chinatown in AC was bad...rumor has it that they've sound checked HBSD...but obviously ,it's yet to make an appearance in the set list...I chose that because out of all the new songs, it has the lowest tone needed...I dunno, your point about I'll wait, Woman in Love, GGB, even Outta Love Again is right, he's nailed them...I dont get why Chinatown is coming off so bad...

I think "Girl Gone Bad" needs to have a permanent spot on the set list.

Not only is it a fan favorite ---- but there's relatively few lead vocals and it would give Dave a nice rest for the pipes.

Comment

• perrin29
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                    They have a 9 day break starting today... should give Dave a break to rest the pipes.

Musically China Town is great... but it's a tough one vocally due to the higher register and pace. I'd rather they played Stay Frosty instead...

Hoping our friend at DDE uses this break to send a few more exclusives our way... it would be cool to see a bit of the behind the scenes on the tour like pre-show at MSG or the band just clowning around between gigs.
                    Agreed. Their tour schedule is pretty jammed. And if I'm correct there hasn't any big gaps between gigs so far. I got faith.

Comment

• gene
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Sep 2004

Went to the show last night sat in the front row Sec 1 row 1 seat 15 and Edward Van Halen was right above me and David Lee Roth to the left of me. 9th time that I've seen CVH and it was the GREATEST TIME OF MY LIFE!!!!!Last nights show made up for all those times getting bad seat to see Van Halen from1980 to now. As for me go, to a show and experience it for yourself,the videos do not show what you feel.Last night was a life changing experience for me and I've saw them frist in 1980. So just shut the F@#K up and go see a show.It may be the last time you see CVH in your life time!!!!! THAT IS WHY A PAID UP THE ASS FROM TICKETBASTERS TO GO... IT MAY BE THE LAST TIME!!!!!!!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by gene
                        Last night was a life changing experience for me So just shut the F@#K up
                        Please explain how last night changed your life. Did you lose your virginity?
                        WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                          Please explain how last night changed your life. Did you lose your virginity?
                          Maybe gene started thinking about how deep a rabbit hole goes?

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

How Rude.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sick fuckers that do those kind of things to rabbits...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chi-town324
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Feb 2007

yea i agree that last nights show might have been the best van halen show i have ever seen...i have seen a Dave lineup over 10 times now dating back to 1979. Dave was candid, funny, told stories, did multiple kicks and splits on the mic stand. Hes not ready to thrown in the towel just yet. At one point he looked at the crowd...and made a mime as to a walker for old people, and then threw it in the air as to say "im not ready to be done yet motherfuckers" The band was as tight as i have ever heard ...Ed played masterful... and wolfie and Al were rock solid as usual. Dave did do the blower bit again...and he was noticeably coughing alot for the first 5-6 songs...that was around the time the blower comment came again.

He said the blower was making them sound hoarse ( he did say them and not me)...he said were not hoarse, its too fucking cold in here, turn the heat up! we been practicing this shit for 6 months!!....he did seem to sound better after that, and didnt cough as much, but was stilll doing it throughout the show....but all in all it was a great show !!! these guys are still bringing it big time....Ed smiled the whole night again...i think he might really be happy? could it be true?

Comment

Working...