• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
    Um......that's awful.

Last edited by ELVIS; 04-01-2012, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Dave's voice is gone...

He needs a good vocal coach...

Comment

• DLR'sCock
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

A good vocal coach who really knows what they are doing to go along with them on the tour is needed now. No drinking, no BS, and getting plenty of rest at night. Proper easy warm ups in the morning. Not talking too much and then doing the proper touring vocal exercises a couple of hours before performance. There are so many more things I would recommend to help, BUT he sounds like either he is sick here or he is not taking care of himself.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Dave's voice is gone...

He needs a good vocal coach...
          hate to agree with that...Dave sounds lost on many of the vids...
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
            Proper easy warm ups in the morning. Not talking too much and then doing the proper touring vocal exercises a couple of hours before performance.
            There's the challenge... Dave easing into a day... then not talking too much!!
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• SNIPER
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

This sounds killer!!

Comment

• Carloscda
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2009

Don't know why Dave is singing these higher registries? He didn't do it back in the Dave so why now?!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                  hate to agree with that...Dave sounds lost on many of the vids...
                  I hear you Natra...I hate to agree with it too. But it sounded brutal at certain points....almost like it was painful to try and sing it.

It SUCKS that a song that is so full of triumph has this much trouble translating on stage, but it is what it is. It kills me, but it sounds like Dave is struggling with it. Same thing with "China Town." The pace of that song is relentless, and sometimes it sounds like Dave is having some trouble keeping up....coming in late or sometimes not at all.

The shows are still incredible, but there are certain elements that need to be avoided and "Blood and Fire" may be one of them.
                  Originally posted by perilouspete
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• adena dodds
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2010

We built this city on rock and roll. I love my hometown...We are a shot and a beer joint (no pun intended)! The less yuppies the beter! WHOOOO!
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    great version , even forgive somebody's beer in the way , better than fucking mobile phones lol ... am all for raising a toast to VH

Comment

• adena dodds
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2010

I bought my best friend that same hat for Christmas years ago and sent it all the way to Los Angeles where she keeps on telling me how cold it's getting there. She happens to look just like David Lee Roth. She's my occifer Ragie and works at the customs at the LAX airport for the federal government. Now she really looks like Dave with the hat only I have yet to see her in it and her hair is the way Daves used to be back in the day. I want the Napolean hat on Dave!
                      Originally posted by SNIPER
                      This sounds killer!!

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
                        Groupie
                        • Apr 2012

Hey...you ever make it over to the News Desk??? Tailgating on Sunday in STL......the same in Cleveland and Ft. Wayne??? Sorry about the end of the NHL season...things could be worse..James Harrison could become a Raven!!! Not that would be real bullshit!!! Respectfully...YOUR mortal enemy.....

Comment

• IamThePapa
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Apr 2012

Hello, I went to this show and it was awesome. I recorded the audio of the show and shot some video too, some of which is posted in this thread. I have part of this show now edited, and posted to YouTube with new footage from the front and second row. It's real up close and nothing in the way!! Very professional looking. Here's the link for the 1st 8 songs. The sound quality is also very good, I hope you enjoy. It's 35 mins long.

This is my first post here, but I have been a Van Halen fan from around Women and Children first, and I am thrilled with the new album and having DLR back in the band. I have tix to see them a second time this tour and can't wait!

First 8 songs: Unchained, Running With the Devil, She's the Woman, Romeo Delight, Tattoo, Everybody Wants Some, Somebody Get Me a Doctor, Chinatown (single c...

Comment

• IamThePapa
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Apr 2012

Here are parts 2 and 3 to this show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHjWiYbA8MU part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccuT6sruChg part 3

Comment

Working...