Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

The only people who put ice tea in a Jack Daniels bottle is The Clash baby!

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

ok im getting drunk and into disc 2 of oldno.7. What a great band. Anyone who doesn't have this bootleg needs to shoot Walker or myslef a PM a.s.a.p.

Comment

• FALCO
        Groupie
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Momshell
        "@KenTruffen: @JamiePistilli jamies Cryin', Pretty Woman or Top of the World yet? #vanhalen" pretty woman only so far!— Jamie Pistilli(@JamiePistilli) March 22, 2012

seriously?!
        Every time I see a tweet or comment by one of these fucktards regarding Van Hagar I want to rip off someones eyelids...
        Clueless fucks...

This is the MIGHTY Van Halen... which by default means fronted by David Lee Roth
        \m/ \m/
        NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
        'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
        "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FALCO
          Every time I see a tweet or comment by one of these fucktards regarding Van Hagar I want to rip off someones eyelids...
          Clueless fucks...

This is the MIGHTY Van Halen... which by default means fronted by David Lee Roth
          \m/ \m/

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Alright fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back from a kickass show at Scotiabank Place. First off, Ottawa whines and complains "No one ever plays here"...then when bands do come, they don't buy tickets. Fucking government yuppie town.

Band sounded great, and LOUD. Dave and Eddie getting along. You guys saw a bunch of the tweeted setlist. Loved them playing Women in Love! Eddie really sounded good tonight. Cathedral was spot on!!!

LONG LOVE THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!!

Crowd loved Kool & the Gang too. By the end of their set, people were out of their seats, dancing.
            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• clownsauce
              Roth Army Recruit
              • May 2007

I gotta work in the morning so this is going to be brief. Apparently I can't read a seating chart because I didn't know how good my seat was until I walked onto the floor and the nice lady said, "3rd row from the stage". I was the last seat in the third row on Wolf's side. I didn't try to keep track of the set list or take any videos and pretty much all the photos I did try to take turned out for shit, but fuck it, I just saw a concert of a fucking lifetime and I've got a total shit-eating grin going that's not going anywhere any time soon. I'm going to bed tonight an absurdly happy man.

The tweet about it being "far from a sellout" was technically true, as there were lots of empty seats in the upper bowl and at the back of the arena. But there were plenty of people there and the crowd was indeed enthusiastic and appreciative, especially up front. I don't think anyone's going to be disappointed by ticket sales tonight.

The things that are sticking with me:
              • Three songs in particular Ed and Wolf went OFF at the end: Trouble With Never, Hot For Teacher, and something else (Panama, I think). Unbelievable intensity from both of them and some "proud Dad" looks across the stage from Ed afterwards.
              • Dave did indeed pull out the splits a couple of times during Beautiful Girls, and pulled some back bends with a mic stand during Take Your Whiskey Home. I saw more high kicks than I thought I would.
              • Alex's drum solo was a thing of beauty. The polyrhythms get you going off track and just as you're about to completely lose the beat he snaps you right back to it.
              • It's been said by others, but it bears repeating: Wolf can PLAY. And SING. And he's clearly worked on developing his tone for individual songs.
              • I cannot get over how effortless Ed's playing looks. Even when he's clearly exerting himself the tension never ever shows in his hands.

Wolf's girlfriend came up the aisle past me near the start of Pretty Woman and hung out stage left beyond the security barrier for a while (she went backstage with the rest of them during Alex's drum solo). I assure you I was focussed on the stage, but from the few glances I took I can say that Wolfgang Van Halen is a very lucky young man.

Comment

• philouze
                Banned
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by clownsauce
                Dave did indeed pull out the splits a couple of times during Beautiful Girls, and pulled some back bends with a mic stand during Take Your Whiskey Home.
                Come the fuck again???
                Take Your Whiskey Home?
                I might be jerking off before I go to work...

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Very cool indeed and thank you for that. But.. Take Your Whiskey Home?

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Wolf's girlfriend came up the aisle past me near the start of Pretty Woman and hung out stage left beyond the security barrier for a while (she went backstage with the rest of them during Alex's drum solo). I assure you I was focussed on the stage, but from the few glances I took I can say that Wolfgang Van Halen is a very lucky young man.

Wolf posted her photo on Twitter a couple weeks ago backstage in Chicago ---- she's nice looking but Dave scored way hotter chicks in the 80s

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                      Yeah, because Panama is one of those rare songs they never play.

Hey, in 2007 when they played it, it was my first time seeing Dave sing it with Eddie playing it together. I did NOT pee a little.

I peed a LOT!

....reach down, between my legs and.........wipe the pee up.

AWESOME!!!!
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Carmine
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

and pulled some back bends with a mic stand during Take Your Whiskey Home
                        Say Wha???

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

We need a set list. STAT!!!

Comment

• Mrkramer
                            Melbourne Rock City..
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Feb 2012

TAKE YOUR WHISKEY HOME ..... Oh man would fucking love to see that!! Post It please

Comment

• Carmine
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

I don't know what our friend "Clownsauce" was talking about with the Take Your Whiskey Home post but, here's the set from last night. Perhaps, Clownsauce got into the sauce?

Set List (Complete):

1. Unchained
                              2. Runnin' With The Devil
                              3. She's The Woman
                              4. Romeo Delight
                              5. Tattoo
                              6. Everybody Wants Some!!
                              7. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
                              8. China Town
                              9. Hear About It Later
                              10. (Oh!) Pretty Woman
                              11. Alex's Drum Solo
                              12. You Really Got Me
                              13. The Trouble With Never
                              14. Dance The Night Away
                              15. I'll Wait
                              16. Hot For Teacher
                              17. Women In Love
                              18. Girl Gone Bad
                              19. Beautiful Girls
                              20. Ice Cream Man
                              21. Panama
                              22. Eddie's Guitar Solo
                              23. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
                              24. Jump

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Maybe he was thinking he'd like to take Wolf's woman home and got confused. Snap out of it man!! These kind of mistakes cause heart palpatations among us mid life crisisers!!

Comment

Working...