• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi

LOVE this one. THANKS!
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Cheers bro!
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• perrin29
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

I haven't seen any footage of Dave giving shit to the lighting guys. Anyone see it yet?

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Nope. Not yet.

Comment

• perrin29
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

Found it I think

Comment

• TJMKID
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by perrin29
              Found it I think

I think Dave is very close to cleaning house and firing all these lighting and audio shitbirds ---- time to get some pros in there!

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

another awesome show! this one was a couple notches above Buffalo. it's a month into the tour and they are absolutely on fire.

i got to see things from a different spot...i was one row from the top of the ACC. behind the press boxes, and probably higher than the scoreboard. that took the big screen out of play for me, and there wasn't a lot of people standing in those sections so i got to just sit back, watch, and listen. not saying there was no enthusiasm up there, there definitely was. we may have been sitting but we were LOUD. cheers going up in either direction for favorite songs. and like Buffalo, the new stuff was well-received, only a couple people wandering in and out. i think they all stayed for Al's solo, too.

it was great to hear The Full Bug early in the set, and with Unchained being the opener i got the slightly different show that i was hoping for. seems like the middles of some songs were extended, and the outros too. just noodling around. i love the beginning of Everybody Wants Some!!, with all the crazy picking and scraping and shit Ed is doing. it's probably because those are the only parts of his that i can play.

Ed and Wolf aren't avoiding Dave's floor any more, they ventured onto it a few times instead of going around.

no chocolates thrown at the beginning of Hot For Teacher and no checkered flag during Jump. got the "spotlight" rant, maybe in another week Dave will have all these guys trained and the shows will run to his liking. or maybe he will recycle the rants every couple shows.

seems like the video guys are still changing things up. there were some crowd shots here and there, and i don't remember that in Buffalo.

had a great time in TO. got in Friday afternoon, a pretty uneventful drive up (for once!). two questions at the border and i was on my way. a little foggy over the water, i like to take in the view as i go over the bridges etc and was denied on the way in. was stuck in traffic on the 401 next to a guy in a Viper. i know how frustrating it is to be stuck in traffic in a car that can do 150, the Viper can get closer to 180 so i bet he was more frustrated. i arrived at my destination around quarter after four and was drinking by 4:17.

Tommy and i headed downtown around noon on Saturday and i got the nickel tour. i swear i've seen some of that stuff before, like three or four times in the span of a few minutes. went through the new grocery store at the old Maple Leaf Gardens and saw the former center ice marker in aisle 25. walked by the Hockey Hall of Fame and Massey Hall...i had said we didn't have to do anything too tourist-y, there were no trips up the CN Tower or anything. i don't like heights anyways. we made our way to The 3 Brewers for lunch and...uh...beer, duh. extra thanks to the bartender who kept showing us her underwear, which we eventually found out was a thong. no. i didn't get pics, you pervs. wandered out of there and stopped at another bar, had one there and by then it was time to head to C'est What.

but before that, i just gotta say...holy shit, there were hot women EVERYWHERE. and not all wearing green, either. although some of those wrapped in green looked pretty damn good (the girl sitting by us at 3 Brewers comes to mind). i gotta get back up there in the summer. or maybe not, i may just explode. and, not related to tits and ass, the homeless people on the street are very nice even when you don't give them any change. in Cleveland those fuckers will hassle you all the way back home to Parma, and then have the balls to ask for a ride back downtown.

we arrive outside C'est What and the mystery guest is waiting for us. grab some tables, drink, and catch up. the Guwapos show up a little later, and some people Tommy knows from another board stop by for a couple. their VH shirts passed inspection, they were tipped off as to what NOT to wear. and then, off to the show. can't wait to hear the recording.

said my goodbyes (and one happy birthday) Sunday morning and another uneventful ride home. stopped at the duty free for some beer, then got shuffled around in line for about 20 minutes at the border. two more questions and back on 90 West. got home to find my house decorated for St Pat's and promptly went to smack my nephew and niece around. i hate when they get bored.

good weekend for cars, too. other than the Viper, i saw an Aston Martin coming out of the VIP parking at the ACC, and bunch of Porsche Panamericas. someone's throwin' their money around up there. get to my usual break spot on the NY Thruway in Angola and there is a pristine Citation X-11 on a dolly, but that made me kind of throw up in my mouth a little (you can ask Grimes about our misadventures with Citations) and when i came out there was a Grand Wagoneer sitting there. then saw two old FC Jeeps on a trailer heading east, and just before the Ohio line an AMX also heading east.

the Malibu rental wasn't too bad, got 30 MPG the whole weekend. my SRT would probably have been closer to 23, and the Jeeps...fuhgeddaboutit. i am no raging GM fan so i won't slam the car too much. decent power, and comfortable. it was just nice not to have to take mine. easily the longest i've driven a front-driver in at least ten years.

so yeah, there it is. these get-togethers never last long enough. lately i can't be pried out of the house, today i didn't want to have to come home.

could be the last show i catch this tour...or is it?
                Last edited by twonabomber; 03-19-2012, 04:10 AM.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                  Dave is becoming a little extra frosty on this tour ---- " I'm gonna fuck your DAUGHTER, pal !! "

That's disturbing. If that's the comment Walker was complaining about, I must say I agree. Name: System
                  GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
                  Time: Mar 15, 2012 14:22:45
                  JVM:INFOp=227a3446,a='5.0.0.900',o='5.2.0.96',h=8c 000f03

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    but before that, i just gotta say...holy shit, there were hot women EVERYWHERE. and not all wearing green, either. although some of those wrapped in green looked pretty damn good (the girl sitting by us at 3 Brewers comes to mind). i gotta get back up there in the summer. or maybe not, i may just explode. and, not related to tits and ass, the homeless people on the street are very nice even when you don't give them any change.
                    You know you're in Canada when...

"Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                      I think Dave is very close to cleaning house and firing all these lighting and audio shitbirds ---- time to get some pros in there!
                      Spots are usually operated by local IATSE members. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall to see the lighting director freaking on them after the show. It's his ass that's on the line after all...

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                        That's disturbing. If that's the comment Walker was complaining about, I must say I agree. Name: System
                        GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
                        Time: Mar 15, 2012 14:22:45
                        JVM:INFOp=227a3446,a='5.0.0.900',o='5.2.0.96',h=8c 000f03

No, that wasn't it.

Comment

• Nigel
                          Roadie
                          • Mar 2004

The Trouble with Toronto Show

Please don't move me to Meet and Greet thread.

Saturday night (St.Patrick's Day), lots of drunken green hat guys, but a killer show.

I've seen all the shows since 1978 and these guys are a BAND now!

Roth as the Toastmaster General delivered a beginning, middle and end to a show that was 2 hours of absolute bliss! Gliding, sliding, high kicks, roundhouses, funny, great voice (but without the kissing Eddie every 2 seconds).

Would have preferred adding Meanstreet (take out Woman in Love), but each song was right on the money.

Was about 40 yards from the stage right (Eddie's side), so got the full effect of 10 Cabinets worth of ear damage. My hearing came back yesterday around 4;15 pm.

Go to this show and PLEASE give us a DVD of this tour, some cuts from 2007/08 and Oakland, then I'm good to go.

Cheers

Nigel

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I don't think all of those back line cabinets even are on. The PA does most the work. In fact the amp Eddie is actually using might even be down in the guitar pit with his rack gear. Those amps and speakers usually are just used as props. Some of them might be used but are probably driven by a power amp off stage.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nigel
                              Roadie
                              • Mar 2004

Thanks Nitro. My business partner is a musician and said the cabinets are for Eddie.

Eddie would play up close to them if he needs to really hear himself, otherwise he hears the whole band when he walks forward towards the monitors.

The monitor up front has the whole band, but yes the sound is "driven" through the PA.

In this case the sound was blistering, but a little "hot" from my side.

Cheers. I wish I could follow them on tour, what a fabulous show.

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nigel
                                Please don't move me to Meet and Greet thread.
                                i'd move it just because you asked not to.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...