Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Wow - great vids all around (although the cinematography on some of them leave a little something to be desired). I need to see 'Hang 'Em High' and I need to see it NOW! The band is definitely grooving - they are locked in TIGHT! And Dave really seems to loosening up and demonstrating nightly that his place in the universe is leading the greatest American rock band of all time. The '07/'08 tour he seemed very scripted, from his jumps right down to when he'd smile, but he really seems to be channeling that mojo that made him so damn cool in their first go-round. The 'Panama' vid is a great example - effortlessly cool.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Momshell
      Panama

This is why Dave needs a mike stand!!
      He had a mic stand in Buffalo.

Comment

• neuralfraud
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2010

first vid so far! missing the stat though.

Comment

• perrin29
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by neuralfraud

first vid so far! missing the stat though.

I think I just came.....sorry bout that.

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Wow, Hang 'em High, thats just awesome....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• DLR'sCock
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

I don't think this is the last world tour at all, not by a long shot.

To me, this seems like a band that has a true appreciation for what made Van HALEN special and rare and they are a rejuvenated band. I think the new album alone says that, but the fact that they have been switching up the set list and pulling out gems as the tour goes forward is also an indication of this as well.

They are giving the fans what they want, and they are having a blast doing it as well.

I can see Wolf being like, "guys, this song kicks ass we have to do it, and why not this one, and this one...?" and so on......they are playing so well that it's not a big deal to pull out and dust off the old material that hasn't seen the light of day in a long time........

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

One of the better written reviews I've seen....

Troubled duo make sweet, sweet music

By Jed Gottlieb / Music Review
                Monday, March 12, 2012 - Updated 40 minutes ago

Van Halen is in love with being Van Halen. This is a wonderful thing.

These guys are famous for hating each other. But — at least on stage last night at a sold-out TD Garden — there was love. Love for their classic catalog, love for their fans, love for each other.

The show had flaws. The 20-year-old Wolfie Van Halen (Eddie’s son) can’t replicate booted bassist Michael Anthony’s harmonies. David Lee Roth’s voice is just hanging on. “(Oh) Pretty Woman” fell out of tune and out of time a few times. But these are piddly missteps.

Van Halen in love with its work is twice as good as just about any band.

Diamond Dave and Eddie are conduits to pure rock ’n’ roll ecstasy. In minor moments — the mysterious misty-mountain bridge of “Romeo Delight,” Roth’s acoustic guitar opening to “Ice Cream Man,” the divine chorus of “Women in Love” — they reek of talent and good times.

When they really heat up, its an orgy of fury and joy.

After the rumble of a hundred Harleys revving up that is Alex Van Halen’s opening drums on “Hot For Teacher,” Dave said: “Eddie, take them to school.” Then (probably, maybe) the world’s greatest living guitarist did, with lightning-fast hammer-ons and tremolo dive-bombs and a tornado of tapping. It was everything that makes Van Halen amazing in a 30-second burst: Eddie’s guitar and Dave’s wonderful, sexy, goofball mouth.

While Dave has lost some of his high range and high kicks, Ed’s still on fire. Dozens of uber-talented, supremely boring guitarists fall flat trying to sell 10 minutes of solo guitar. But watching Eddie blend “Eruption,” Cathedral,” the opening of “Mean Streets” and plenty of extemporaneous melodies is like watching Michelangelo paint at a thousand beats per minute.

Who knows how long the love will continue, but while it does, see this band. There is still nothing like a Van Halen show.

Kool and the Gang, the oddest/most fitting opener ever, warmed up the crowd with lots of “Oh, this is them” songs. “Ladies’ Night,” “Get Down on It,” “Jungle Boogie” and more were all done with the requisite punchy horns and ’70s soul swagger.
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

It's funny, the band I have reunited with this past Nov, we used to play Hang em High and The Full Bug all of the time[over twenty years ago], and we've been saying that we will again, and you can bet on that!!!! Love playing those songs!!!

Comment

• Pushcomes2Shove
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Feb 2012

Just fuckin speechless over Hang 'em High - I mean gotdamn i dont know what to say. Thinking Atlanta is just a days drive.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Funny, in my post above I was going to say the same thing[but didn't], that the band is in love with being the band that they are again, and that my friends is truly a wonderful thing!!!

Comment

• chuckie lee
                        Groupie
                        • Jan 2012

WOW just WOW

Fantastic night. Just got to work. Head still ringing.. Couldnt get to Harp, got stuck at Fours for din din. Got there at 445, they didnt seat us till 6. Crazy busy and party of 8 I guess was tough to seat, and they dont do reservations... Grrrrr.. Anyway, got there for the last 4 Kool tunes. I wasnt interested, I scanned the joint for merchandise. They didnt have any of those football jerseys in xxl in the whole place.. I tried the xl but it runs real small, try online I guess.. Got the tan t, the blue t, and the tattoo 1. The big black sweatshirt runs small too, woulda snatched it otherwise...... THE SHOW......... WAS.........KILLER.......... I am not being biased, it was the best show I have ever seen them do... I was in sec 13 row 17 seat 1.. As I am writing this another buddy of mine just texted me saying "that was a killer show".. He is a rage against the machine fan... He went with a couple of guys I dont know. Anyway, I mentioned up in here b4 that I was going with 7 other guys, all VH fans for life minus 2. One of those guys is my brother in law 45 years old and loves Aerosmith and the other guy is an older guy 57 or 58 years old.. Both were genuinely impressed, BIG TIME... Of my crew, one guy is a critical type guy, (you always have one of them, ya know) and he said " its about time". He has been to at least 8 VH shows and 10 solo Dave shows.. He said it was the best he had been to. Everyone else also agreed, THE BEST SHOW THEY HAVE EVER SEEN. They would not say that unless they believed it cuz they know how obsessed with Dave I am.... EDDIE RIPPED, he is not human.. Wolfie is so much a better bassist than Mike, and his backing vox were awesome as were Eddies. Alex brought the thunder as per usual.. DAVE, well, lets just say phenomenal.. Voice on point, kicks, spins, dance moves, grin, everything........ The only song that Dave had trouble with was China Town, but it was still ok, not great but ok... That was it, everyting else was MONEY... Whoever complained about DTNA, are fing crazy, HE NAILED IT... At two different points he said that this is one of our better shows we had done, and he was right.. The interaction with Dave and Eddie was great. They are getting along REAL REAL WELL. Listening to the radio station on the limo ride home, the DJ was playing all the songs that the band played live durring the show, callers were callin in and giving their thoughts, all good. Anyway the DJ said She had not recieved one negative call about the show..... AMEN.......
                        Last edited by chuckie lee; 03-12-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• chuckie lee
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                          I don't think this is the last world tour at all, not by a long shot.

To me, this seems like a band that has a true appreciation for what made Van HALEN special and rare and they are a rejuvenated band. I think the new album alone says that, but the fact that they have been switching up the set list and pulling out gems as the tour goes forward is also an indication of this as well.

They are giving the fans what they want, and they are having a blast doing it as well.

I can see Wolf being like, "guys, this song kicks ass we have to do it, and why not this one, and this one...?" and so on......they are playing so well that it's not a big deal to pull out and dust off the old material that hasn't seen the light of day in a long time........
                          I agree with you one million percent.....

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
                            So is this.....

Comment

• chuckie lee
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                              One of the better written reviews I've seen....

Troubled duo make sweet, sweet music

By Jed Gottlieb / Music Review
                              Monday, March 12, 2012 - Updated 40 minutes ago

Van Halen is in love with being Van Halen. This is a wonderful thing.

These guys are famous for hating each other. But — at least on stage last night at a sold-out TD Garden — there was love. Love for their classic catalog, love for their fans, love for each other.

The show had flaws. The 20-year-old Wolfie Van Halen (Eddie’s son) can’t replicate booted bassist Michael Anthony’s harmonies. David Lee Roth’s voice is just hanging on. “(Oh) Pretty Woman” fell out of tune and out of time a few times. But these are piddly missteps.

Van Halen in love with its work is twice as good as just about any band.

Diamond Dave and Eddie are conduits to pure rock ’n’ roll ecstasy. In minor moments — the mysterious misty-mountain bridge of “Romeo Delight,” Roth’s acoustic guitar opening to “Ice Cream Man,” the divine chorus of “Women in Love” — they reek of talent and good times.

When they really heat up, its an orgy of fury and joy.

After the rumble of a hundred Harleys revving up that is Alex Van Halen’s opening drums on “Hot For Teacher,” Dave said: “Eddie, take them to school.” Then (probably, maybe) the world’s greatest living guitarist did, with lightning-fast hammer-ons and tremolo dive-bombs and a tornado of tapping. It was everything that makes Van Halen amazing in a 30-second burst: Eddie’s guitar and Dave’s wonderful, sexy, goofball mouth.

While Dave has lost some of his high range and high kicks, Ed’s still on fire. Dozens of uber-talented, supremely boring guitarists fall flat trying to sell 10 minutes of solo guitar. But watching Eddie blend “Eruption,” Cathedral,” the opening of “Mean Streets” and plenty of extemporaneous melodies is like watching Michelangelo paint at a thousand beats per minute.

Who knows how long the love will continue, but while it does, see this band. There is still nothing like a Van Halen show.

Kool and the Gang, the oddest/most fitting opener ever, warmed up the crowd with lots of “Oh, this is them” songs. “Ladies’ Night,” “Get Down on It,” “Jungle Boogie” and more were all done with the requisite punchy horns and ’70s soul swagger.
                              This guys album review and concert preview were even better. He has his shit together....

Comment

• moose
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                                Wow, Hang 'em High, thats just awesome....
                                Not gonna watch it
                                Hoping they play it in TO on Saturday

Comment

Working...