Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

The one thing Dave did that I found to be unforgivable was to tour with Hagar.
    That was a bullshit move. Everyone who went to one of those shows can claim "I left during Hagar's set" "I just wanted to see Dave kick Hagar's ass" but in reality, you put money in Hagar's pocket... unacceptable! (unless you jumped the fence to get it)

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Yeah, well, I am already fucking sick of Elvis' tired act. He should just go hang at the Links. At this point, he'd fit in better there, than he is fitting in here.

Nah. He's just playing Devils advocate & stirring shit up. It's all good. Plus it's fun to say "shut up Elvis".
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr Walker
        That was a bullshit move. Everyone who went to one of those shows can claim "I left during Hagar's set" "I just wanted to see Dave kick Hagar's ass" but in reality, you put money in Hagar's pocket... unacceptable! (unless you jumped the fence to get it)
        We also put money in Dave's pocket, as well as James, Ray and Brian's pockets.

My wife (RIP) was fucking pissed at me during the Detroit show. First I see Sammy sitting at a picnic table with her backstage, and then she goes out to watch his set, and I told her I would join her in a few. I never made it out there! Ha ha! She was not happy with me at that show!

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          Is that a lyric cheat sheet by the kick drum? That was great, but Dave needs to do his homework.

A lot of entertainers actually do this onstage ---- Axl Rose was infamous for singing off a teleprompter on the "Use Your Illusion Tour".

Dave can read off a cheat sheet anytime he wants as long as we keep getting tasty deep cuts ---- I'll fucking jizz if I hear "Drop Dead Legs" or "Sinner's Swing" performed live on this tour

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
            Elvis said IF Dave sucked, that the fanboys would still be sucking his dick & ignoring it. His basic complaint was how with some of us Dave can do no wrong. Which is lame. A true fan should be able to criticize Dave yet still love him to death. Criticism is ok. It's like the bluegrass phase how some people still acted like it was 1981 & Dave was on fire and they refused to see anything bad ever.

But I think those types are pretty few here. There were a lot of complaints about the headset, the overalls, his weird high pitched cat wail he was using a lot back in the early 2000's (and still rears it's ugly head now & then) hell...how many hair threads have there been?

But overall, I think when we see Dave do something we dislike that we say so. But having so much respect & love for the guy for all the enjoyment he has given us, we can overlook the small stuff. Daves earned that big time.
            Thanks...

And Dave IS bringing it...

For the most part...

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Was the headset brought back in Boston?
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Don't get me wrong, Dave could sing the lyrics to the French National Anthem over Hang'em High, but not with his back to the crowd reading off the floor. He's ions better than that. I thought he sounded great.

Comment

• relliot
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                  First Time I saw Hagar was 1978 when he opened for Boston. I thought the name of the band was San Diego. So that shouldn't count. Next was the Can't Drive 55 show which was kind of good, actually. Next was the Tampa Monsters show in '88 and that should count against me because I did stay for VH after the Scorps were done. But I did leave the forum after Dave's set in '02 (along with a few hundred others). And for that I should get the '88 mistake erased.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by relliot
                    First Time I saw Hagar was 1978 when he opened for Boston. I thought the name of the band was San Diego. So that shouldn't count. Next was the Can't Drive 55 show which was kind of good, actually. Next was the Tampa Monsters show in '88 and that should count against me because I did stay for VH after the Scorps were done. But I did leave the forum after Dave's set in '02 (along with a few hundred others). And for that I should get the '88 mistake erased.
                    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Do you really think that's appropriate to discuss here ??

Comment

• moose
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                        Naw give him/her a break!!!

I'm sure there are loads of people here who saw spatula flatula
                        as well and are in good standing
                        Maybe a stint in the pen would absolve him/her of this
                        grandiose error in judgement

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          Yeah, well, I am already fucking sick of Elvis' tired act. He should just go hang at the Links. At this point, he'd fit in better there, than he is fitting in here.
                          Boo-fucking-hoo...

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

Guys, I must admit I have attended two fucking Vinagar shows in my life but it was for Eddie. I even passed out during one of them due to a bad mixture of chemical products ...so all in all I commited sin only once in all these years.
                            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

But this is about the Boston show.
                              WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• private parts
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by relliot

Boston / Hagar 1978. My very first concert ever!!! Haven't seen either one of them since.
                                sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Working...