• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
    Let's get a close up on that.

Damn that was funny! But you have to think when was the last time he sang that tune live?

Comment

• Bullethead #1
      Full On Cocktard
      • Mar 2004

Haven't posted in years, but just wanted to weigh in. The band was insane last night! It had the energy of a Heavy Weight title fight!!! Saw them at Mohegan Sun with Dave's PA Rental. Both shows were stellar, but the Boston crowd was so much more interactive. I was right by the soundboard. Everyone in my section stood for the whole show. Shrieked like a little girl when they played Hang 'Em High! Almost leaped into my buddies arms like Scooby Doo! Tried to get video but i couldn't even work my phone in the excitement..

Dave had some good banter too. He stopped the band to tell a story about his father's Residency at MGH. He said they would park across the street from the Jail and what he thought were women would yell stuff like "Hey Hot Stuff" (in mock drag voice) out of the windows.. Eddie was visibly embarrassed. You could tell he didn't know where Dave was going with it...

Comment

• perrin29
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

I found this version of Hang Em High today. Nice video and sound. Dave is rocking the cheat sheet and hesitated once in the solo but who cares. Made it from start to finish and melted faces in the process. First time in decades and will only get better.

Last edited by perrin29; 03-12-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• chi-town324
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2007

hell i know the song better than Dave...maybe he should have gone over the lyric sheet before the show?

Comment

• perrin29
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by chi-town324
            hell i know the song better than Dave...maybe he should have gone over the lyric sheet before the show?
            I had to use a cheat sheet this past weekend. Stuffed nicely under the floor tom....just in case. A teleprompter would be horrible.

Comment

• sob33316
              Groupie
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by perrin29
              I found this version of Hang Em High today. Nice video and sound. Dave is rocking the cheat sheet and hesitated once in the solo but who cares. Made it from start to finish and melted faces in the process. First time in decades and will only get better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZvjEbAgFXA
              Maybe on the way he could pop in a CD and hit repeat and listen 5 times. It might jog his memory. hopefully he will get it down. It is still AWESOME TO SEE!!

Comment

• chi-town324
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2007

yea great to hear but cmon Dave how can u not know the lyrics

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2005

He's probably got the lyrics to "Where were you Last Night" going through his head.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chi-town324
                    A-FUCKING-MEN TO THAT !!!

Comment

• Carloscda
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2009

As far as cheat sheets go all bands have them! If you're close enough to the stage you can see them by the mic stands.
                      And in some cases lyrics are fed threw their ear pieces.
                      Last edited by Carloscda; 03-12-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• VanHalenI
                        Roadie
                        • Dec 2010

Dave didn't nail this song in particular... I love Hang 'Em High but Dave NEEDS TO LEARN THE FUCKING LYRICS!
                        I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
                        It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• Zempi
                          Roadie
                          • Mar 2012

You guys are way too picky. It is a REAL band..they gave what you wanted..and you are complaining? Would you rather he have skipped the song? Some will complain about BS.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Zempi
                            You guys are way too picky. It is a REAL band..they gave what you wanted..and you are complaining? Would you rather he have skipped the song? Some will complain about BS.
                            This ain't the "too picky" crowd. Some complaints are justifiable in my opinion. If a singer to a VH bar room cover band isn't phoning the lyric effort in, well dammit, neither should Dave.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

the way things are going we might be able to hear FOOLS by the end of the tour
                              Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Dave readin the lyrics -

Perhaps the band sprung this on him. The 3 VH's practice A LOT together and maybe do this tune. For some reason Wolf or Eddie said...hey, let's fucking play hang Em High tonight. Dave "wtf dudes? I haven't practiced that. Haven't sang it in 30 fucking years."....."Here, we'll run to Kinkos & print it out for you, but we're playing it."

Or that could be his hotels midnight room service menu & he just wanted to be ready to grub as soon as the show was over. Decisions, decisions.

*also remember, the last 30 years Dave doesn't drive around listening to VH cd's in his car like we do. You all have definitely heard this song much more than Dave.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...