Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Great to hear HEH again, despite the lyrical issues...
    Last edited by fryingdutchman; 03-13-2012, 06:21 AM.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by VAiN
      When you see it from this vantage point it looks like Dave's definitely checking something out on the floor in front of Al's kit....
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

there is a look near the end between wolf and ed that says .... this is fucking rock n roll .
        Ed smiles his tits off all the way thru that and well he should ,he nails it.
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
          Great to hear HEH again, despite the lyrical issues...
          If you were just listening to a boot instead of viewing it on video, you'd never know the difference.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vh rides again
            Commando
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
            When you see it from this vantage point it looks like Dave's definitely checking something out on the floor in front of Al's kit....
            Yep he was definately looking at something.

Ed played the shit out of that tune, and he knew it.
            Those vanhalens must practice constantly, meanwhile Dave is out hunting pussy with not a care in the world , lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Roth And Roll

Comment

• fourthcoming

Fuckin Edward Van Halen....that's all I gotta say.

Comment

• Carmine
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Before the Boston show...in the band dressing room...this conversation probably took place...

Edward - Dave, we're gonna do Hang em' High tonight...

Dave - Ed, We haven't practiced that enough...shit man, I don't even remember the words...it's been 30 years...

Edward - Bro...when the hell did you ever remember the words? lmao...Al and Wolf laugh too...

Dave - also laughing...Ok, Fuck it...let's do it...

the above scenario represents Van Halen having more fun on this tour than they ever have before...and we are all witnesses...
                Last edited by Carmine; 03-13-2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

dude it would be cool if you wernt far off

Comment

• Carmine
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    dude it would be cool if you wernt far off
                    I'll bet it's close!

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

I think its way better to drag out some jems from the bag of tricks and play them off the cuff than do 50 odd dates with nearly the same set and play them perfect . I think the saying " close enough for rock n roll " applies here

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I haven't witnessed a soundcheck on this tour, but I did on the last tour, and many of Dave's solo tours. Dave NEVER does soundcheck. Ever. If he is on this tour, it's a miracle.

Do I excuse Dave for not knowing the words to "Hang 'Em High"? No. He should know all the songs. If he truly doesn't remember the words, he should prepare a little before the show. He speaks several languages, and has many interests. Preparing shouldn't be an issue with him.

Still, this is much better than the phoned in, canned, performances of '07 and '08. Those shows were methodic and scripted to a fault. This is more like the real Van Halen. Good, bad and ugly all in one show. But unscripted and raw. I much prefer this over the robotic shows of '07/'08.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Just woke up from the Boston show.

Fuckin Killer show...the best!

WARF might still be OUT.
                          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I love that Ed's stage wear can all be packed in a carry on piece of luggage. A pair of jeans, red pants, white t-shirt, black t-shirt, Bobby Brady striped shirt and a change of socks and underwear. Come to think of it, Wolf has half as much to pack.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

and a long black wool coat...

i sat at work all night wondering if he would have turned and waved if i yelled "hey Ed!" or just kept goin'.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Carmine
                                Before the Boston show...in the band dressing room...this conversation probably took place...

Edward - Dave, we're gonna do Hang em' High tonight...

Dave - Ed, We haven't practiced that enough...shit man, I don't even remember the words...it's been 30 years...

Edward - Bro...when the hell did you ever remember the words? lmao...Al and Wolf laugh too...

Dave - also laughing...Ok, Fuck it...let's do it...

the above scenario represents Van Halen having more fun on this tour than they ever have before...and we are all witnesses...
                                More likely,

Did anyone tell Dave's people we are doing Hang em' High tonight?

Oopsie.
                                WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

Working...