Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Hey, I love Van Halen and this tour is kicking total ass...

But c'mon Dave, give us a break !!!

Comment

• atomicpnk47
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      Is that a lyric cheat sheet by the kick drum? That was great, but Dave needs to do his homework.
      If that was a lyric sheet,he can't read....At least he got the Hang 'Em High part right.

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

I get it , i wanna stay positive but concede dave could have a shot at learning the words .....
        Damn it tho who wants to live in a world were elvis is right
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Hey, I love Van Halen and this tour is kicking total ass...

But c'mon Dave, give us a break !!!

Oh god give it a rest ! Dave has never sang great live. EVER !! He had his moments the last tour but if you watch some of that stuff he wasn't that much better. Hang Em he was reading on the drum riser ! Hell he probably got nervous. The band should have given him more time after they learned it. Didn't look like he was ready for it.
          Last edited by 78/84 guy; 03-12-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

For those who were there (and cut me some slack if I missed this on a previous page) but how did Dave finish his thought on 'Hang 'Em High'?

"That's the first time we've played that..."
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
              Oh god give it a rest ! Dave has never sang great live. EVER!!
              First of all, oh yes he has. He was on the money at the 1st MSG show. Heard'em with my own ears. These You-Tube clips don't tell the story in that department. Secondly, who's talking about his actual singing here?

Comment

• So this is love
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by vandeleur
                I get it , i wanna stay positive but concede dave could have a shot at learning the words .....
                Damn it tho who wants to live in a world were elvis is right
                Elvis is the King....greatest entertainer the world has seen.
                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  First of all, oh yes he has. He was on the money at the 1st MSG show. Heard'em with my own ears. These You-Tube clips don't tell the story in that department. Secondly, who's talking about his actual singing here?
                  Elvis has been bitching about Daves singing the whole tour. The only thing I bitched about was the Lame headset. Fuck Dave forgets the words to songs he sings every night ! SINCE 1974 probably. The band learned it and he probably said lets do it, Give me a paper with the lyrics.

Comment

• TitanTopper
                    Groupie
                    • Mar 2012

I almost fucking cried when I saw Ed and Wolfie High-Five!! I truly think they are having more fun with this tour than we are...INCREDIBLE!!
                    "Hey man, that suit is you!!"

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TitanTopper
                      I almost fucking cried when I saw Ed and Wolfie High-Five!! I truly think they are having more fun with this tour than we are...INCREDIBLE!!
                      Yep. Ed hasn't looked or sounded this good since the 96 tour with Gary. I didn't see it but watched some You Tube stuff and he was great that tour. Val said there would not be VH without Wolf and most of us thought that before she said it. So good for him to get his dad & Dave on stage again. I'll take it. Shit the band was never this tight on stage really. Not with Dave anyways.

Comment

• vh rides again
                        Commando
                        • Dec 2006

As far as the missed lyrics go.

I must say that when I hear a song live and am singing along, it's frustrating when the guy who wrote it either doesn't know the fucking words or doesn't think it's important enough to sing em the way I learned them from the album I purchased .

Especially when I dropped 1500 dollars to sing em along with them.

Still was a blast, would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Roth And Roll

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

so where was WARF?
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            Fuck, never thought they'd play Hang 'Em High again...

And neither did Dave....hence the quick print out & scotch tape. :-)

If they did spring this on him....what a fucking trooper to wing it like that in front of 14,000 people. Dave is never afraid.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

or maybe he was doing a new tongue tapping technique & didn't want people to steal his style
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

I've gotten so used now to hearing these old songs without Mikey that it's kinda jarring to watch/hear an old boot with him singing back-up, like on Hang 'Em High. Which is just, I don't know, weird. Funny how your ear gets used to something so quick. Regardless, Wolf smokes the bass on this song - sounds really good being so up front in the mix, especially at the end.
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...