Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

I'm not understanding why Dave keeps singing in a higher register than normal?

He sounds so much better in a normal key!

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Now I just have to figure out where my next show will be...
      You aren't welcome in Jersey

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Why is Chris Christie chewing out a SEAL when he is shaped like one? I mean come on Man stop eating! You are Governor!
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

great videos but i wasnt to keen to click on any link with the words up for fucking breakfast in ..........

hey this is my 500 post
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

Originally posted by vaijuju
            some vids here

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

I know I promised no metaphysics after happy hour but fuck it let's party. It Starts at the 2:50 Minute Mark....don't look at your wrist watch.

Lol Brand New Rap Signature David Lee.

Sweet. As Is.
            Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-10-2012, 04:57 PM. Reason: Reminds me of a Dave rap in Largo '82.
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• perrin29
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Ha ha. Exactly. I had a problem with the screen name too. I've only seen a couple of Buffalo vids so far but it seems like Dave is a little stiff. Maybe under the weather a bit? Still sounds good but not as active as other shows.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

My girlfriend said she hates the new Van Halen album,
                I broke up with her,
                Just kidding shes dead.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by perrin29
                  Ha ha. Exactly. I had a problem with the screen name too. I've only seen a couple of Buffalo vids so far but it seems like Dave is a little stiff. Maybe under the weather a bit? Still sounds good but not as active as other shows.
                  I thought Dave was more active than the Detroit show. Way more kicks.

Comment

• perrin29
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    I thought Dave was more active than the Detroit show. Way more kicks.
                    I haven't seen a lot of decent videos from the shows yet. Most are fuzzy or shot from the upper deck. They still sound great regardless. The countdown is on for me. Thursday night!

Comment

• Carmine
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      BTW, according to a poster at the Links that heard soundcheck, they played HoneyBabySweetieDoll and Beats Workin'....Hmmmm.....

I heard the same talking with some folks at the show...and apparently, while seated at the Atrium Bar with Twona, Tommy V and Shoes...we just MISSED Eddie walking through the lobby...

Another great Van Halen show in the books...another great trip with the Roth and Roll gang...Twonabomber, Shoes, Tommy V, Von Halen and Moose...always a pleasure seeing you guys...

Highlights of the show for me were Hear about it later, Woman in Love and Girl Gone Bad...

I felt a little bit of a letdown that Full Bug, Outta Love Again were not played nor was anything "new" to the set list...I had my hopes up for Hang em' High or Bottoms up after hearing they sound checked them in Philly...

Honeybabysweetiedoll and/or Beat's Workin' or anything else from ADKOT would be sweet...

Next up, Atlantic City in 2 weeks...

Until then...Stay Frosty...

Comment

• Carmine
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

...and somebody...somehwere in van halen forum world needs to start recording the sound checks!

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

you know how these go, i post random shit i remember from the last two days and usually end up with a couple posts worth.

got back from Buffalo a few hours ago. great show! kind of surprised that they went back to YRGM as the opener. maybe we will get something different next week in T.O.

Wolf is a lot more fun to watch this time around. it's kind of cool when he goes over by Ed and they just grin at each other while they're playing. i notice both he and Ed take the long way around the "dance floor."

loved that they did China Town, sounded really good live. i was surprised that more people in our section didn't bail during the new songs, they mostly stayed put the whole set.

really cool when Dave dropped the "ladies night in Buffalo" in. i wondered if he had to clear that with The Three Twins.

like the way the video is not really song specific, which allows them to move songs around and play different ones and not have to be tied in to a script. that being said, my only gripe...if you're going to run a screen that big, don't drop the fucking lighting rig right in front of it. screen becomes practically useless.

got in Thursday night, hit the bar with Tommy while i was waiting for Shoes' train to come in. i get to the train station, and there's a gaggle of cute Asian chicks on their phones saying "tlain rate! tlain rate!" Guwapo would have liked those chicks.

speaking of Guwapo, we now know he is not in possession of his testicles full-time.

anyways, train is almost an hour late, we get back to the hotel around 1 am and start drinking. Tommy comes down to hang out and leaves around 3:30-4 am...and Shoes and i keep drinking. all the way to 6 am. i get up at 9, can't fall back asleep.

we head down for lunch while waiting for everyone else to arrive. Carmine and crew get in and we go back downstairs to start catching up, and...drinking. thirty-two dollars worth or so per round. eh, what the fuck, we don't do this all the time. we also talk about how Guwapo is not in possession of his testicles full-time. met up with some chicks from Erie who were in for the show but don't seem like the site type. there were a lot of people talking about the gig, an older couple at the bar was doing the VIP thing. saw them this morning at breakfast, i thought about asking about the soundcheck but they didn't strike me as people who would know the importance (to us) of different songs being played.

so we're sitting there, third round or so, maybe between 2:30 and 3 pm. still catching up, laughing, talking shit, whatever. i look over to my right, just on the other side of the escalator, and i see a guy in a black topcoat, and think to myself "that guy looks like Ed" and let it go. there's a guy behind him carrying a six pack of Coronas with two missing. couple minutes later Corona guy is walking past again, and Tommy (i think) hears him say something about Ed being there. calls him over, it WAS Ed, and Matt Bruck. i recognized him as the guy with the Coronas and he says "yeah, i was a walking a few feet behind Ed and Matt." brush with greatness denied. motherfucker!

on my way in the night before i drove past the Avant hotel. there were three buses parked outside. when we got back after the show, there was one bus parked on the street outside our hotel. was it Ed's? i dunno. we know some of Kool and the Gang was at the Hyatt, caught one of the guys setting up for an interview while we ate lunch. and the crew was rumored to be at the Avant (and we'll get into a funny thing about that later) Thursday night. i think the only thing cooler than being in the same hotel as Ed would be if Ed would have walked up to us and said "hey, i hear that Guwapo guy does not have possession of his testicles full-time."

i will fill in more later, i need a nap.

great seeing everyone again, Shoes, Tommy, Z, Carmine, Von, and Moose, and the noobs they brought with them. hopefully their first time ain't the last. got to see our old pal VH2001 at the venue, he came into town for the Dave/Sam show back in '02 (Von was there as well, but Mr Walker probably isn't interested in that and i shouldn't have mentioned it) and has been back to Cleveland for a few more Dave or VH shows. this was the first time i was able to get to Buffalo for a show.
                          Last edited by twonabomber; 03-10-2012, 08:09 PM.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Dec 2008

Thanks for the review ! Too bad you just missed Ed!!! But at least you got to see him. WOW! Sounds like everyone had a GREAT time!

Mystery: Where did those two missing Coronas go? .:bottle:
                            I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                              you know how these go, i post random shit i remember from the last two days and usually end up with a couple posts worth.

got back from Buffalo a few hours ago. great show! kind of surprised that they went back to YRGM as the opener. maybe we will get something different next week in T.O.

Wolf is a lot more fun to watch this time around. it's kind of cool when he goes over by Ed and they just grin at each other while they're playing. i notice both he and Ed take the long way around the "dance floor."

loved that they did China Town, sounded really good live. i was surprised that more people in our section didn't bail during the new songs, they mostly stayed put the whole set.

really cool when Dave dropped the "ladies night in Buffalo" in. i wondered if he had to clear that with The Three Twins.

like the way the video is not really song specific, which allows them to move songs around and play different ones and not have to be tied in to a script. that being said, my only gripe...if you're going to run a screen that big, don't drop the fucking lighting rig right in front of it. screen becomes practically useless.

got in Thursday night, hit the bar with Tommy while i was waiting for Shoes' train to come in. i get to the train station, and there's a gaggle of cute Asian chicks on their phones saying "tlain rate! tlain rate!" Guwapo would have liked those chicks.

speaking of Guwapo, we now know he is not in possession of his testicles full-time.

anyways, train is almost an hour late, we get back to the hotel around 1 am and start drinking. Tommy comes down to hang out and leaves around 3:30-4 am...and Shoes and i keep drinking. all the way to 6 am. i get up at 9, can't fall back asleep.

we head down for lunch while waiting for everyone else to arrive. Carmine and crew get in and we go back downstairs to start catching up, and...drinking. thirty-two dollars worth or so per round. eh, what the fuck, we don't do this all the time. we also talk about how Guwapo is not in possession of his testicles full-time. met up with some chicks from Erie who were in for the show but don't seem like the site type. there were a lot of people talking about the gig, an older couple at the bar was doing the VIP thing. saw them this morning at breakfast, i thought about asking about the soundcheck but they didn't strike me as people who would know the importance (to us) of different songs being played.

so we're sitting there, third round or so, maybe between 2:30 and 3 pm. still catching up, laughing, talking shit, whatever. i look over to my right, just on the other side of the escalator, and i see a guy in a black topcoat, and think to myself "that guy looks like Ed" and let it go. there's a guy behind him carrying a six pack of Coronas with two missing. couple minutes later Corona guy is walking past again, and Tommy (i think) hears him say something about Ed being there. calls him over, it WAS Ed, and Matt Bruck. i recognized him as the guy with the Coronas and he says "yeah, i was a walking a few feet behind Ed and Matt." brush with greatness denied. motherfucker!

on my way in the night before i drove past the Avant hotel. there were three buses parked outside. when we got back after the show, there was one bus parked on the street outside our hotel. was it Ed's? i dunno. we know some of Kool and the Gang was at the Hyatt, caught one of the guys setting up for an interview while we ate lunch. and the crew was rumored to be at the Avant (and we'll get into a funny thing about that later) Thursday night. i think the only thing cooler than being in the same hotel as Ed would be if Ed would have walked up to us and said "hey, i hear that Guwapo guy does not have possession of his testicles full-time."

i will fill in more later, i need a nap.

great seeing everyone again, Shoes, Tommy, Z, Carmine, Von, and Moose, and the noobs they brought with them. hopefully their first time ain't the last. got to see our old pal VH2001 at the venue, he came into town for the Dave/Sam show back in '02 (Von was there as well, but Mr Walker probably isn't interested in that and i shouldn't have mentioned it) and has been back to Cleveland for a few more Dave or VH shows. this was the first time i was able to get to Buffalo for a show.
                              Awesome indeed!

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by vaijuju
                                some vids here

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Wow, This is way tight !!! The couple of vids so far are just killer!! ...Off the subject but thats what I needed to get my blood pumping. I have a gig in a couple hours and I am sporting my new Roth Army shirt for the show for good luck !! For all those wanting a long sleeve do what I am doing. Where a thin long sleeve shirt under neath. Looks bad ass. Cheers!! I will direct anybody that asks to this site to get a Roth shirt tonight!! Roth On!!
                                Last edited by SNIPER; 03-10-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...