X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
    Yep - Midnight Run. Apparently Va has never seen it. Always great to pull quotes from when a Meetup/Review thread is quiet. Unless you're easily offended and/or have no sense of humor. Haven't heard about a sequel - not sure that would be a good thing. Why mess with perfection? Plus Grodin looked about 90 the last time I saw him.
    Believe it or not, there have been two or three sequels to the original Midnight Run. None featured DeNiro or Grodin, and apparently they were so ghastly they went straight to video.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      Yeah good idea. I need to get my ratio up.
      How do you get it from there? Does it just download to your itunes?

Comment

• FALCO
        Groupie
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Momshell
        I'll Wait
        I know for some reason this is not alot of peoples favorites (I always thought this song was great and very underrated) ... but DAMN if they don't play AND sing the HELL out of this tune and it gives off such a COOOOOOL vibe...

\m/ \m/
        NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
        'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
        "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FALCO
          I know for some reason this is not alot of peoples favorites (I always thought this song was great and very underrated) ... but DAMN if they don't play AND sing the HELL out of this tune and it gives off such a COOOOOOL vibe...

\m/ \m/

I agree with you. "I'll Wait" is nowhere in my Top 25 Favorite CVH songs of all time --- but it comes alive during a show. That driving drum beat & synth in the intro is haunting. Besides, it's a nice departure from non-stop guitar-crunching anthems that we hear the rest of the show. I hope they keep it in.

Fuck, I'd even like Dave's solo tune "Damn Good" to replace ICM in the setlist. Just read the lyrics to that song --- it's Dave's genuine heartfelt feelings about VH. Tearjerker moment and the women would love it. Remember that Eddie played some Hagarita solo songs before --- such as "One Way to Rock" and "Eagles Fly" so I dont see why he cant play a Dave solo tune as well.

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by SNIPER
            How do you get it from there? Does it just download to your itunes?
            Please clicky and read.

Comment

• Carloscda
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2009

Ok was listening to the Preston & Steve show on WMMR this morning for the recap. Well as stated Pierre gave the show 7.5, another dude I think Matt cord gave 6.5, the only sensible one Jackie Bam gave 8.

Don't know which one it was Preston or Steve but he said how Dave's voice wasn't all that great, where was the keyboard player, why isn't Ed playing the keyboard live(want it to be 84 again)?! Pierre said how Dave should stop the kicks & screams and do something different like rising out of the floor or do like he did back on the Sky-scrapper tour and ride across the audience on a surf board. Even went as far to say VH should get back up singers??!! This is The Mighty Van Halen not some pop van hagar band!!! WTH

Now last night they were speaking to people leaving and Everyone said it was an Awesome show!!
              And at lunch time today Pierre played UC & RWTD from last night as he recapped, he said fans were texting him furious the he gave the show a low rating!! LOL

Now everyone said how much they love Dave but still made the "norm" comments about his singing, forgetting the words etc...

What really kills me is that that's all you hear,like Dave is the only singer out there?! Have they heard Paul Stanley who's not that great, Mike Jagger who you can't tell what he's singing & other's etc...
              But all you ever hear is Dave Dave Dave...WTH!!

Comment

• Zempi
                Roadie
                • Mar 2012

People are really F'ed up. I am grateful to see them period. Most people don't sound as good live as studio. He sounded good to me. Sure there were a few places he sings higher but you can see he is brining it down or tries to. The music is super tight. There is not a stronger front man around. Whatever happened to people having a good time and stop complaining? People are spoiled. As I said Philly is a f'ed up place if this is what they were actually 'complaining' about last night. THe proper VH has not toured for YEARS (prior to 07/08) and people are really complaining? Then don't buy a ticket.

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by RealTwisted
                  I'm thinking if they record, they will do it during California shows.... Staples, Honda... maybe Oakland
                  Never mind California. If they were smart they filmed one of the two shows at Madison Square Garden.
                  Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Zempi
                    Roadie
                    • Mar 2012

Would have loved the MSG shows...Was the MSG shows 'THAT MUCH' better than the Philly show? Curious.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Holy shit dont film Oakland..itll get " lost"..AGAIN!!

Comment

• Carloscda
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2009

Also others said HEM & BU was heard during rehearsal, maybe planning those for their homecoming??

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Carloscda
                          Ok was listening to the Preston & Steve show on WMMR this morning for the recap. Well as stated Pierre gave the show 7.5, another dude I think Matt cord gave 6.5, the only sensible one Jackie Bam gave 8.

Don't know which one it was Preston or Steve but he said how Dave's voice wasn't all that great, where was the keyboard player, why isn't Ed playing the keyboard live(want it to be 84 again)?! Pierre said how Dave should stop the kicks & screams and do something different like rising out of the floor or do like he did back on the Sky-scrapper tour and ride across the audience on a surf board. Even went as far to say VH should get back up singers??!! This is The Mighty Van Halen not some pop van hagar band!!! WTH

Now last night they were speaking to people leaving and Everyone said it was an Awesome show!!
                          And at lunch time today Pierre played UC & RWTD from last night as he recapped, he said fans were texting him furious the he gave the show a low rating!! LOL

Now everyone said how much they love Dave but still made the "norm" comments about his singing, forgetting the words etc...

What really kills me is that that's all you hear,like Dave is the only singer out there?! Have they heard Paul Stanley who's not that great, Mike Jagger who you can't tell what he's singing & other's etc...
                          But all you ever hear is Dave Dave Dave...WTH!!

Most radio DJ's today are fucking clueless just like Eddie Trunk. Trunk is trying really hard to convince the world that there is a huge demand for a Van Hagar reunion and EVH is stupid for ignoring that. Trunk also slobbered all over Hagarita's dick on "That Metal Show" in September and told Sammy he still sounds as good as he did in the 80's. Like I said ---- FUCKING CLUELESS.

It's amazing how many retarded shitbirds in the music biz still dont understand that classic VH was mostly about ATTITUDE. I've been watching some recent Journey clips and their Filipino singer nails all the old hits note-for-note but he got no swagger like Perry did. All these radio cocksmokers are never gonna get it.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                            Boobs or Van Halen?

I've had van boobage once.

Back in the 80's high school borrowed my friends 1978 Chevy van. plush ceiling to floors.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                              I've had van boobage once.

Back in the 80's high school borrowed my friends 1978 Chevy van. plush ceiling to floors.
                              I'll see your boobage and raise you a "Bermuda Triangle". In '03 I took a girl to her first Dave show...There's nothing quite like a DLR show, outside in the rain, that, well, guarantees a good night for all Thanks Dave!!
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Momshell
                                I know this could "damage my reputation" but what the hell....I'd like to recommend another mission. Can we get Dave to take his shirt off? I miss the 6-pack from 2007!!!!

I most wholeheartedly agree!!! He is still sexy Diamond Dave to this Blondie!!

Come on Dave, do it for the ladies!!!
                                Last edited by IceCreamBlondie; 03-07-2012, 01:05 AM.
                                I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

Working...