• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IceCreamBlondie
    Head Fluffer
    • Dec 2008

:
    Originally posted by Fairwrning
    Holy shit dont film Oakland..itll get " lost"..AGAIN!!

Funny Post! You are probably right!!!
    I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• Catfish
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
      I'll be damned... Lou taped the show... it's up on dime

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=396554
      I miss Young Lou. He's a DLR boards legend with countless, immeasurable cuntributions!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carloscda
        Ok was listening to the Preston & Steve show on WMMR this morning for the recap. Well as stated Pierre gave the show 7.5, another dude I think Matt cord gave 6.5, the only sensible one Jackie Bam gave 8.

Don't know which one it was Preston or Steve but he said how Dave's voice wasn't all that great, where was the keyboard player, why isn't Ed playing the keyboard live(want it to be 84 again)?! Pierre said how Dave should stop the kicks & screams and do something different like rising out of the floor or do like he did back on the Sky-scrapper tour and ride across the audience on a surf board. Even went as far to say VH should get back up singers??!! This is The Mighty Van Halen not some pop van hagar band!!! WTH

Now last night they were speaking to people leaving and Everyone said it was an Awesome show!!
        And at lunch time today Pierre played UC & RWTD from last night as he recapped, he said fans were texting him furious the he gave the show a low rating!! LOL

Now everyone said how much they love Dave but still made the "norm" comments about his singing, forgetting the words etc...

What really kills me is that that's all you hear,like Dave is the only singer out there?! Have they heard Paul Stanley who's not that great, Mike Jagger who you can't tell what he's singing & other's etc...
        But all you ever hear is Dave Dave Dave...WTH!!
        Fuck Preston and Steve. In fact, fuck Preston WITH Steve.

And fuck that hippie homo Pierre Robert as well. He's just in a mood because his dog died.

The videos tell the tale. VH rocked once again in Philly.
        Originally posted by perilouspete
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

HEM & BU
          That's fuckin' lazy...

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Momshell
            HAIL!
            Dave can't sing that for shit...

Comment

• Carloscda
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2009

Also others said HEM & BU was heard during rehearsal, maybe planning those for their homecoming??
              U ment Hang Em High & Bottoms Up...

Here's another site if you can't get on Dimeadozen... http://z3.invisionfree.com/House_Of_...?showforum=899

Comment

• Carmine
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Hang Em High & Bottoms Up...

Did anyone confirm this? Were they played at the Philly Soundcheck? Since I'm going to the next show on Friday, I'm curious...

Comment

• Carloscda
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Carmine
                  Did anyone confirm this? Were they played at the Philly Soundcheck? Since I'm going to the next show on Friday, I'm curious...
                  No they weren't played at the show only during soundcheck/Rehearsal. So maybe later in the tour or at their LA homecoming??

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Both of those would be awesome to include... Bottoms Up! would be the perfect song to come back to for an encore... you know, if they actually left the stage..
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      Both of those would be awesome to include... Bottoms Up! would be the perfect song to come back to for an encore... you know, if they actually left the stage..
                      I like Bottoms Up just fine, but don't you think that Vh has enough songs in it's cannon to kinda avoid a blatant drinking song with a 20 year old bassist and a guitarist who seems like he's always one bad mood away from a case of smoking loon... I know they play Romeo Delight and Beautiful Girls, but Bottoms Up is a bit different... just my thoughts on it.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        I'll see your boobage and raise you a "Bermuda Triangle". In '03 I took a girl to her first Dave show...There's nothing quite like a DLR show, outside in the rain, that, well, guarantees a good night for all Thanks Dave!!
                        I as well took a girl to her first Dave show, and it was in Philly at the Spectrum, Thanksgiving Eve 2001 and we met up with a while bunch of Army members in the lot. Good times. We were on the floor, up against the stage. Let's just say it was a DAMN GOOD night for us!!!!! hehe :bigwink.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by killingfloorman
                          Closure!

Just got back from Philly.

I'm from the UK, unless you saw the legendary Sabbath Tour (and most who say they did are lying!)
                          you didn't get a chance to see the mighty VH until Donington 84 (yes I know about the Hammy Odeon gigs, we don't all live in London).

Anyway, Donington was Cartoon VH, we wanted soooooo much to luv 'em, but it just wasn't there.

Tonight, i finally saw the MIGHTY Van Halen (sorry MA) and they fucking rocked the house. Dave was ON, Eddie? Wow. Alex and Wolfie - great.

It was everything i'd ever dreamed about... except for the crowd. WTF Philly? I live in Brasil, if VH had played that way in Brasil there would have been an earthquake. In Philly, a bunch a guys drinkin' beer and some drunk women trying to remember which year it is.

Sorry to the loyal fans who were there and rocked out, but damn it wasn't a great crowd!

VH rocked the house. I'm so glad i went and i look forward to AC.
                          Dude....I live in the US, and even I (idiot that I am) know that Brasilian rock fans are the most insane fans there are when it comes to live shows.

You could probably go to any show in the US, and the fans would appear pretty lame compared to Brasilian crowds!

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

I just hurt my face watching that video of The Full Bug
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Zempi
                              Roadie
                              • Mar 2012

Hey Brasilian is right..I've lived out of the US for a long time....but from Philly....I totally agree with him they seemed lamer than I expected. I saw more 'chaos' and excitiement at a Prince concert @ MSG than the Philly fans gave VH...Surprised.. I mean it wasn't dead and actually I am one of those people who does not mind when people 'sit' to enjoy a show for the sake of watching. I don't rate a show by how many are up and 'dancing' or what not..It is when there are encores, applause, vibe, etc.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Ha....on Ticketbastard they posted a link to a review of the Philly show, and this first paragraph is one of the most kickass bits of writing about this tour I have seen so far:

Only a complete a fool would expect the 56-year-old version of Edward Van Halen to play with the same kind of turbo-charged fury and mind-blowing complexity that knocked the rock world on its collective ass more than three decades ago. And yet, that is exactly what the guitar legend did in Philadelphia Monday night (3/5)

Comment

Working...