Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momshell
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Oops. Last post was supposed to say no Dave, not no save!!!
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Momshell
      Ok. He walked away. Pretty sure he was full of shit. Telling me he's responsible for giving Dave the nickname Diamond. Supposedly his band ( didn't ask) played the same place in CT before VH was huge. He got Dave to hang out with his group by offering him some special coke. Guy was a dick. Not buying it!
      You just met Joe Thunder.
      WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Not much to say. No save. Heard unchained, RWTD, she's the woman, GGB, and Romeo. They sounded great. As we were leaving, Eddie said "see you in a little while"! That's all folks!
        Hopefully they continue the soundchecks for VIP's. Still don't think it's worth the price without a meet/greet, but at the very least if they start allowing the soundcheck, it's better than nothing....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Ok. He walked away. Pretty sure he was full of shit. Telling me he's responsible for giving Dave the nickname Diamond. Supposedly his band ( didn't ask) played the same place in CT before VH was huge. He got Dave to hang out with his group by offering him some special coke. Guy was a dick. Not buying it!
          Sounds like he was just trying to talk shit to impress an attractive woman, he must not have ANY game.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I can't tell you how many times I have just gotten to my seats for the Top bill show...not at a Van Halen show mind you, but I would be choked if I missed part of the show because there wasn't an opening act
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
              I can't tell you how many times I have just gotten to my seats for the Top bill show...not at a Van Halen show mind you, but I would be choked if I missed part of the show because there wasn't an opening act
              I'd be really surprised if the venue didn't have signs up around the concourse alerting the fans....

Or that could just be me being silly....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Momshell
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Confirmation that they're starting way early. Don't miss em!!
                Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Yeah, can you imagine if they go on at 7:45? How many people are going to show up at 8:45? FUCK!!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Would be awesome if they ripped off a 3 hour show!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

What else could Kool and the Gang be doing that is more important? I wonder if someone in the band has a criminal record/outstanding warrant in that county?
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• perrin29
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2012

Not much to say. No save. Heard unchained, RWTD, she's the woman, GGB, and Romeo. They sounded great. As we were leaving, Eddie said "see you in a little while"! That's all folks!
                        Were you right up front during the soundcheck? Very cool to be part of that.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

What else could Kool and the Gang be doing that is more important? I wonder if someone in the band has a criminal record/outstanding warrant in that county?
                          Probably previous commitments, there are several dates on the tour that show them booked elsewhere.

Note to self, check if that includes any of the dates I am attending.

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gbranton
                            Sounds like he was just trying to talk shit to impress an attractive woman, he must not have ANY game.
                            I guess if you're going to tell a whopper to a hot chick, you might as well think big. Why just say "I saw them in '78 at the Cow Palace" when you could say:

"I'm the one that gave Dave his nickname 'Diamond Dave' when his band opened for my band by offering him a pile of pure mountain snow."

His story could have only been bettered by saying he was a member of the Jungle Studs, helped Ed write Top Jimmy, and suggested to Al that he stow a fire extinguisher on his set.
                            Last edited by Zing!; 03-03-2012, 08:19 PM. Reason: Too much snow. Not enough blow.
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

I could be wrong, but I believe this venue didn't have an opening act during's VH's 2007-2008 tour as well...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Probably just a scheduling conflict in which a private party was offering more money.

Comment

Working...