X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I was at a show 20 years ago when Dave turned on his roadies and I'm surprised that he still doesn't realise how fucking unprofessional it looks and how it's bad for the show.

It's one thing for the crowd to party along when his singing is a bit off, you can overlook that, but it's hard to have a good time when you are watching people getting abused at their work.

It's like if you went out for dinner and the maitre de was screaming at the waitresses all night. I know it must be frustrating for him when his voice goes but being a dick about it compounds that problem big time.

If there are technical problems deal with them off stage like a professional don't try and hide behind them in public.
    maybe he should have thrown a speaker after him?

Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DLR'sCock
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      as a singer myself I know how much a blower or air condidition can ruin your voice...especially when your dealing with a cold or something...
      I know exactly what you mean.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

That was the point I was getting to make.... [ I was at that Jersey show with Ed, BTW, with a perfect angle to all of that.... ]

I'm just hoping that those who gave EVH a pass for that "blowup" in Jersey would do the same for Dave's headset issues in Chicago....

I liken it to the team that gets blown out on a given night... You basically just "throw the tape away" and move on to the next game....

I kinda feel sorry for those guys that were trying to resolve those issues... You've gotta fix that shit ASAP, and especially when you're trying to fix wireless problems that may have interference issues, I'm sure that can be really frustrating....

Besides, our DDE contact is part of the video crew as well.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Well if they didn't already know about Dave's temper...

At the show I was talking about Dave bounced the radio mike off a roadies face.

It was an impressive pitch but not the kind of thing you want to see when you are out for a fun night.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-25-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Momshell
            Someone at the links tweeted that in addition to Dave being "furious at the sound guys" for problems with the headset that he's also pissed that someone wouldn't turn the A/C off. Hope the issues get worked out before MSG in 3 days.
            Axl Roth...

Last edited by ELVIS; 02-25-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Axl Roth...

elvis:
              something's missing ":"
              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Dave seems to have serious problems with his voice...maybe it's a cold...so an A/C can kill you...he didn't want the fog in the warm up gig either...
                Roth Army Icon

Comment

• relliot
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  I was at a show 20 years ago when Dave turned on his roadies and I'm surprised that he still doesn't realise how fucking unprofessional it looks and how it's bad for the show.

It's one thing for the crowd to party along when his singing is a bit off, you can overlook that, but it's hard to have a good time when you are watching people getting abused at their work.

It's like if you went out for dinner and the maitre de was screaming at the waitresses all night. I know it must be frustrating for him when his voice goes but being a dick about it compounds that problem big time.

If there are technical problems deal with them off stage like a professional don't try and hide behind them in public.
                  Fuck That! The Van Halen I remember were not a band of pussies and I don't want them to be now! Shit, when I saw them in Charlotte '81, Dave called us Charleston all night and the crowd just fuckin' cheered! If DDLR feels its necessary to blast the crew in front of 17,000 that's fine by me Rock and Roll old school, Baby!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

I had a bad feeling about this....
                    I suppose it's easy to just blame the venue for the incidents that took place last night, but damnit it's the truth. The United Center fucking sucks!
                    It's common knowledge to most Chicago folk how horrendous UC is for concerts. I've seen 3 shows at that place, and after the third time I swore 'never again'. It's just the way it's designed. It was designed as a sporting arena, and for Bulls and Blackhawks games it still works, but not for shows. The acoustics have always been fucking horrible. It's like listening to the six-pack full blast...on AM radio.
                    I'll bet you anything that sound guy got fired last night, and I'll double-down the bet that it was for things that weren't his fucking fault.

When they built the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, they built it with rock concerts in mind, and when the boys come back here on April 1st, there will be redemption.

Any negative things you may hear about last night are probably true, but they were also inevitable. United Center is a fucking joke.

Comment

• vh rides again
                      Commando
                      • Dec 2006

I have a couple videos, I'll upload when I get home tonight.
                      My phone takes shit pictures.

To anyone wandering about bad vibes.
                      The first two songs sounded kinda bad at times. David lee Roth must have a cold because I heard him cough at least 6 times, loudly. He wasn't clearing his throat.
                      He had probs with his headset and I witnessed him throw it to a guy to the right of the stage.
                      He asked for duct tape like 4 times and was getting pissed off about it.
                      He started singing with a mic and all was well, he sounded really good.

He then went back over to where he gave the guy the head set and the guy tried handing him something and Dave did kick what ever the guy was trying to hand him. When he got his mic he toor something off of it too and threw it down in the stage, I seen him kick that object a couple minutes later while walking past it.
                      He wasn't happy.
                      He was also unhappy about a blast of air coming from his right side that was interfering with his and wolfs singing.
                      He got pissed about that too, he asked twice for the united center people to turn it off, the second time he told them to wake up and turn the fucker off.
                      After all that happened he went straight over to wolf and said something and wolf smiled a big shit eating grin.

Dave sounded pretty good to me after the headset mishap, he did throw me for a loop in a couple songs when he sang different words instead of the original recordings.

Eddie vanhalen is the star of this show, that sum bitch is hitting every note, and smiling the whole time doing it.
                      He is having a good time, you can't fake that.
                      My only complaint is that the volume was rather low, lowest by far of any Dave related concert ever. I've seen em at three times that volume.
                      My ears are not ringing at all.

I'll write some more later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Roth And Roll
                      Last edited by vh rides again; 02-25-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                        I'll bet you anything that sound guy got fired last night, and I'll double-down the bet that it was for things that weren't his fucking fault.
                        A guy at the Links who was there claims he saw DLR tell the guy he's fired at the end of Jump, TIFWIW....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Dave with a CABLE-mic...now that's vintage!!!
                            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2007

Yeah the UC is cavernous. Even when the place is packed for Hawk games you wouldnt know it.

Comment

• chi-town324
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Feb 2007

when he switched to the hand mic he had 2 miss in his hand...then threw one away like a hitter breaking his bat and choosing the best one for the next attempt...during "jump" he tossed the mic to the right side of the stage like take this thing....i guess that was the roadies...then he pulled it back up like a fishing line....weird

yea the united center blows...literally for concerts

Comment

Working...