• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guwapo_rocker
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
    I'm getting bad vibes this tour may derail sooner rather than later. [
    Nah, Dave's just fighting himself a bit right now.

Way better than if they were fighting each other.
    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• chi-town324
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2007

hey mug!! yea good time bro!!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TJMKID
        Dave just needs to stop pushing the higher register so much. He didnt do it nearly as much on the 2007-08 and he sounded great that whole tour.

Prolonged "smoker's cough" or vocal cord nodules certainly complicates things ---- but keep it in his normal range and he should recover nicely.

Otherwise, I'm getting bad vibes this tour may derail sooner rather than later. [
        Well he only sounds bad on Dance The Night Away all the way through. And then it comes up in other songs for what seems like no reason. Maybe he cant hear the band with the ear monitors in ? There are a couple HD clips on You Tube one is GGB and he sound good on those. Still hope the headset is gone but knowing Dave it will be back !!

Comment

• chi-town324
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2007

i also have done some vocal singing in my day...and the more you push it the worse it gets....hopefully this little break he will rest it and come back strong for NYC

Don't get me wrong Dave gave it a full effort....maybe pushing it a little to much...he can still put on a great performance ...im sure he's well aware of how he is sounding so far

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Really? All the clips from last night sound fine to me. Dave was not as crowd friendly as normal but other than that it was fine to me.

Comment

• george
              Roadie
              • Feb 2004

I've been watching all of these early show threads and the YouTubes of them. I remember that it took a while for him to warm up back on the 2007/2008 tour. He definitely got better with the more shows they did.

Ed and the rest of the band is literally on fire.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Yeah the Way Ed is playing is almost hard to belive after his last couple tours !! Al is always great. Wolf is a hell of a great player. They are tight ! Dave just needs to figue out the oversinging. Whatever the cause. He has never been perfect. But some of it is just wierd.
                Last edited by 78/84 guy; 02-25-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                  Really? All the clips from last night sound fine to me. Dave was not as crowd friendly as normal but other than that it was fine to me.
                  C'mon, he murders DTNA, night in and night out, and not in a good way.

Anyone who can't admit that is fucking deaf and delusional.

With all due respect
                  WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                    Sniper
                    • Apr 2004

Ok, so here's Dave going off on a nerd of a roadie. I think it's funny as shit. Dave still sounded good through the song.

Comment

• vanshipman
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                      Well he only sounds bad on Dance The Night Away all the way through. And then it comes up in other songs for what seems like no reason. Maybe he cant hear the band with the ear monitors in ? There are a couple HD clips on You Tube one is GGB and he sound good on those. Still hope the headset is gone but knowing Dave it will be back !!
                      If for some reason Dave's problem is due to his throat (dysphasia, polyps, nodules etc) it can be treated. Supposedly, that doctor Steven Zeitels treated Steven Tyler and Roger Daltrey who had the same problems, and it restored their voices, better than before (arguably) Daltrey had his surgery a month before The Who's Super Bowl appearance. I hope that is not Dave's problem, will have to wait and see/hear. Gonna try and stay optimistic and frosty...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

Looked like he was going to tuck his wireless back in his pants. I don't see it as a big deal. Dave was like really I got it dude ! Did it go out when he switched to the mic ?

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                          C'mon, he murders DTNA, night in and night out, and not in a good way.

Anyone who can't admit that is fucking deaf and delusional.

With all due respect
                          Dude, He sings DTNA like that now matter what shape his voice is in. He did at the 2/8 party. I know this.

Comment

• RedEye
                            Groupie
                            • Jul 2007

I noticed the cough and raspiness in the first vid I watched and thought uhoh.. sounds like he is battling a bit of congestion. Imagine being sick, struggling with your voice, venue issues, equipment issues... all at once. I imagine grumpiness is natural.

I did think once he went with the corded mic that he seemed more at home.. is it just me? Am I just waxing nostalgic? Just seems more 'Dave' with mic in hand... less worry about the new dancing and more worry about doing what he does best.

I saw two shows last go round and the KC show was like this. No real banter, very workman like... then I saw the Omaha show and it was completely different.. 100 times more fun. I think we will see some duds every now and then and that is human.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

Here's the end of the show, where he rips the cord off the mic. Still, no big deal, just very pissed at the sound tech.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by vanshipman
                                If for some reason Dave's problem is due to his throat (dysphasia, polyps, nodules etc) it can be treated. Supposedly, that doctor Steven Zeitels treated Steven Tyler and Roger Daltrey who had the same problems, and it restored their voices, better than before (arguably) Daltrey had his surgery a month before The Who's Super Bowl appearance. I hope that is not Dave's problem, will have to wait and see/hear. Gonna try and stay optimistic and frosty...
                                Well fuck, getting a little carried away with the surgery talk !! He just need's to get control of his voice in spots of songs. If it's not hearing himself or the band or whatever it is. He isn't brutal ! Daltrey needs to hang it up. His voice is shot !!

Comment

Working...