X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    Does this type of stuff happen on a Beyonce Forum I wonder? " Beyonce is fueding with the 5th backup singer again..." Are Van Halen fans this pathetic to make mountains our of these moehills
    What moehill ??

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
      Bring in the drummer from Spinal Tap !!! The undead one.
      Danny Bonaduce is playing drums tonight...he gave up the bass some 35 odd years ago when he quit the Partidge Family and is making his debut toninght for Halen!
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by mug
        Ok , Ive seen vh every tour but the 1st, yes Gary tour blhaaa. Seen Dave solo a dozen times. Now he was never the best singer. Iwas dead center last night just be hind the sound and light board Ed's side. Dave is always the boss! He went over to roadie ripped the headset over and dropped downto him.Then walked to front of the stage picked up a corded mic set there by the the front stage roadie. He asked for water twice three times? No onstage drinks?He then had to walk over mid song and get one. Next came the blower he asked then had to say TURN THAT FUCKING BLOWER OFF!Mid song. I mean lets get real
        if a band as big as vh is not getingt the shit stright somebody has to pay the price.Mid song on all this had to throw Dave o Dave wants to dance this tour so no headset he's pissed. No roundhouse kicks until jumpl,when he set mic down and did oneof the best i have seen. I thought with all this going on he sounded nothing different.The band is tight Dave is Dave let the tour roll on.
        He chewed some roadies ass last tour too. So the shit happens!
        That was hard to read...

Comment

• mug
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2005

long i know but my point was made Dave's boss.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Dave was strong on the 2007 rehearsal and stayed consistant the entire tour while the band fumbled around trying to keep up with the click tracks and piped in vocals and bass...

This tour the band is killing it and Dave is struggling to keep up...

I think that about sums it up. I am also confident Dave will right his ship. This coming Tuesday's a big night. Pressure is Superbowl sized.

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Saw a great show in '07 in MN that had that Van Halen vibe - a killer show by all four. Saw them again in Iowa in '08 and the vibe was not there at all - they just went through the motions and got the show over as quickly as possible (I think because there was a HUGE blizzard that night and some people literally could not make it the show unless they followed a snow plow to the venue in Des Moines, so there were lots of empty seats). However - Dave was ON vocally for both shows. I thought he sounded great all the way through that tour and it was obvious he worked hard to get his voice in shape. Not sure what is going on - if anything - with his voice now, other than age and maybe some kind of cold. Dave is a consummate professional and he's in his element. He will figure it out and the tour will keeping getting better as it rolls on...
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

They are gonna get a different kind of devil everybody wants a strange drummer "Kenny" for the rest of the tour.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

I would like to be a fly on the wall at the after concert tech gathering Dave threw.

Comment

• chi-town324
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                    Ok, so here's Dave going off on a nerd of a roadie. I think it's funny as shit. Dave still sounded good through the song.
                    you think he sounds fine...cmon

Comment

• TJMKID
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                      Ok, so here's Dave going off on a nerd of a roadie. I think it's funny as shit. Dave still sounded good through the song.

LOL --- that poor kid tangled with the boss and got burned !!!

Ah well --- gotta wear it as a badge of honor --- make a great story someday to tell his grandchildren ---- "I got chewed out onstage by the legendary Diamond Lee Roth, kiddies!"

Comment

• Jetstream
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Dec 2011

A lot of people need to cash in on their god given talent as judges with their vast experience as performers on the big stage and apply to American Idol as soon as possible
                        I got lost in the...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by mug
                          long i know but my point was made Dave's boss.
                          I meant it was grammatically hard to read...

Comment

• vanshipman
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                            Well fuck, getting a little carried away with the surgery talk !! He just need's to get control of his voice in spots of songs. If it's not hearing himself or the band or whatever it is. He isn't brutal ! Daltrey needs to hang it up. His voice is shot !!
                            What I should have said is this Dr. Has allegedly came up with some technique that restores ones voice to its original state. I watched some doc a good while back and they filmed Steven Tyler's procedure, pretty impressive actually. Would be killer if somehow Dave got his old school greasy howl back! At any rate, Dave's the man, and I can't wait for the Charlotte Show. I'd rather see Dave do sign language than to hear Hagar squeal about how much he loves eating pound cake for breakfast...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

You'd think that would be lesson #1 in Roadie School, you don't go on DLR's stage!!

At least not while he's on it.
                              WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                                You'd think that would be lesson #1 in Roadie School, you don't go on DLR's stage!!

At least not while he's on it.
                                Unless you are placing a neon light palm tree on the stage they have no business up there.

Comment

Working...