X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momshell
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Rwtd

Video quality's not great, but it's something!!!
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Momshell
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

Eddie solo
      Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
        They didn't even search me....just made me open my jacket!
        Do they still search Tony Bennet audiences?

At what point will the Van Halen audience not get searched? Can't be long now demographically speaking...

Comment

• atomicpnk47
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2007

Goosebumps! Nuthin but goosebumps reading and watching these clips!! Ass kickin good times for sure....Thanks to everyone for the updates/clips!

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

And now "Hear About It Later"

I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Carmine
              Nice!! Was Hear about it Later in place of something else or just an addition?
              Mean Street
              WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

hm...Dave doesn't sound as good as he did last tour...he sounded worse during the rehearsal concert but he's not in the best vocal shape these days...
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Carmine
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                  Mean Street
                  oof...that sucks...

Comment

• VHJay
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jan 2004

HAIL Video

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                    And now "Hear About It Later"
                    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for this to show up all night. I even skipped studying for a Physiology quiz, I'm so stoked about this song being played!!!!!!!!

You've put the icing on the VH cake for me. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Sounds like a great show - let's hope they keep adding gems the further we get into the tour. Let's also hope rocknrolldork's hangover lasts only two days.

Could this tour turn out to be a VH lottery - with some cities winning big on the deep cuts? Who will be talking shit about that obscure gem they only played once? Let's hope it's MN!
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• So this is love
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by almostsaved
                        and now "hear about it later"
                        wow!!!
                        Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Classic Van Halen largely present during Fieldhouse show
                          5:35 AM, Feb. 23, 2012 |

Written by
                          David Lindquist

Within the lyrics of new Van Halen song "The Trouble with Never," David Lee Roth sings that "selective amnesia is only a heartbeat away."

Roth expanded this excerpt of "Never" during Wednesday's performance at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, where he characterized selective amnesia as a useful coping mechanism.

It turns out that selective amnesia may be the best way to assess the show -- stop No. 3 on a tour to promote "A Different Kind of Truth," the first Van Halen album since 1984 to feature Roth on lead vocals.

The disjointed "Never" and too-busy "China Town" unfolded as "Truth" tracks to forget. But longtime fans could grasp current single "Tattoo" and "Truth" selection "She's the Woman" as electrifying reminders of the band's power-meets-melody legacy.

Ageless guitar wonder Eddie Van Halen delivered "keeper" moments throughout the two-hour performance, while drummer Alex Van Halen (Eddie's brother) and bass player Wolfgang Van Halen (Eddie's son) made a rock-steady rhythm section.

Roth, who toured with Van Halen in 2007 after decades of estrangement, offered focused effort on "She's the Woman."

But he lost the plot on the program's next song, 1980's "Romeo Delight."

At his most eccentric, Roth shares traits with 1970s-era Elvis Presley: dropped lyrics, martial-arts poses and an affection for handguns (in Roth's case, one is tattooed on his derrière).

When Roth inspires, he's suggestive of James Cagney portraying George Cohan in the 1942 film" Yankee Doodle Dandy" -- strutting purposefully while singing "Panama" and "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love" as esteemed anthems of the Sunset Strip.

Another of these, "Dance the Night Away," taxed the high end of Roth's vocal range and made him appear to be a 57-year-old man out of his element.

Yet precisely when the show needed age-appropriate context and some heart, Roth sang "Ice Cream Man" as an unplugged solo number and he shared childhood memories of Bloomington and New Castle, Ind.

Roth's substantial role actually comes as somewhat of a surprise when compared to the 2007 tour, when Eddie Van Halen towered above his band mates.

This time around, Eddie is working hard with Wolfgang to tag-team high vocal harmonies (an important job handled by former bass player Michael Anthony from 1974 to 2006).

Many of Eddie's guitar highlights were stop-on-a-dime transitions from sonic aggression to subtle interludes.

And a brutal clinic in six-string mastery arrived with "Girl Gone Bad," an often-overlooked gem from the album "1984."

Kool & the Gang, perceived my many to be a mismatched supporting act on this tour, played a well-received selection of hits.

The 11-man crew thrived during the rock of "Emergency," the pop of "Get Down on It" and the funk of "Hollywood Swinging."
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            as somewhat of a surprise when compared to the 2007 tour, when Eddie Van Halen towered above his band mates.
                            Do these idiot holes just get a bag of random magnetic words and pull them out wearing a blindfold to write these articles...?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Do these idiot holes just get a bag of random magnetic words and pull them out wearing a blindfold to write these articles...?
                              the 2007 tour was all Dave and now it's Ed who pulls the heavyweights so far...man, chief "halftounge" is so badass in the vids I never thought he could play like this again...
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I was going to comment on the same passage. My vivid memory of the Meadowlands, NJ show I attended in '08 was a bit different from this. Dave owned the night, Alex came in second, Wolf was shittin' himself and Ed was as still and as plain sounding as I had ever seen him.
                                Last edited by DLR Bridge; 02-23-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...