• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Well...

We can all agree to looking foward to the next shows...

Yep, I'm on pins and needles waiting for your next, How Dave fucked it up, post
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      Shit. I'll predict right now that the next shows thread will be exactly like this one. I am really getting tired of it to be honest. It's repetitive and down right bullshit too be talking about Roth's vocals. To the best of my knowledge no one who has attended a show or rehearsal has said a damn thing about it. I don't expect Roth to sound like that Oakland 81 Video. That was the fucking video for that song. You think that fucker wasn't dubbed? Go watch Largo, or Old No.7 and come back in here and say Dave hit every fucking note.

Stop watching these fucking post show video's and making negative observations about them.
      Outstanding post, brother
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• moose
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Shit. I'll predict right now that the next shows thread will be exactly like this one. I am really getting tired of it to be honest. It's repetitive and down right bullshit too be talking about Roth's vocals. To the best of my knowledge no one who has attended a show or rehearsal has said a damn thing about it. I don't expect Roth to sound like that Oakland 81 Video. That was the fucking video for that song. You think that fucker wasn't dubbed? Go watch Largo, or Old No.7 and come back in here and say Dave hit every fucking note.

Stop watching these fucking post show video's and making negative observations about them.

fantastic post!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by kwame k
          Outstanding post, brother
          Thanks but fuck man. Some of the people at this board have been posting the same shit since that rehearsal. Every fucking time after every fucking show. I just don't get it. I really don't. We get it already. Dave has a few vocal issues. So what. Nothing has changed since 1981 as far as I can tell so get over it. I don't remember anyone bitching after the Cafe Wha? show.

I hate fucking you tube!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Easy bro.

We are all big fans of Dave and have been for many years.

We just want the best that we think he can give in 2012 (understanding that it won't be '81 or '84 again).
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

You want to talk about a train wreck. Lets make some observations about this. Still one of the best shows ever.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I wonder if anyone after that show said. " Man Roth didn't really sing very much he just talked all the words" Or "Damn Eddy's guitar was a little out of tune on some of those numbers"

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                  Killed the moment for who, us here, that's looking for every video that comes out of every show or for those that were actually there last night. I can honestly say that those that were in that arena last night are still buzzing about them breaking out HAIL. Those are in the moment memories that you take with you through life, no matter if it's the fist time you finger banged a girl or your first VH concert or them playing that song for the first time in decades. As a whole, we have become a in your face, up to the very minute digital phone have to be perfect every moment society. If this would have been the case back in the day, all of the legendary hard rock bands would have never been able to build the reputation they are known for because they would have been critiqued so hard for every live show they would have probably just made albums and never toured. Dave doing it the Dave way, shows that he is real and honest. That being said, not sure why on some songs he is trying to hit a higher register than usual. Maybe there will be an interviewer some time in the future that asks him that question.

I just hope Uncle Manny gets his 92 yr. old ass outta the basement of the Cafe Wha? and goes to see his nephew playing sold-out shows at Madison Square Garden !!

Or will he be too busy laying down another batch of marble tiles at his club??

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

You want to talk about a train wreck. Lets make some observations about this. Still one of the best shows ever.
                    I love when my uploads are called into play. Appreciate the hits it will bring. Makes my hard work and dedication that much more meaningful.
                    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• TJMKID
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

'82 Largo should be released as an official DVD --- I have it myself but it's a 3rd gen. copy and I know Eddie still has the master tapes from the Capital Center in-house video system.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                        I love when my uploads are called into play. Appreciate the hits it will bring. Makes my hard work and dedication that much more meaningful.
                        Lucily I have the DVD's and have had for many years and I don't upload anything I have to you tube. The point is you can find any number of fuck ups in that video.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          I agree with this.

Dave was the MVP on the 07-08 tour but this time its all Eddie.

Dave has to lose that high resgiter thing - he is doing it in many spots that don't even require it.
                          it woud be nice if they could all get on the same page, I think dave sounds ok but the rest of the band kicks ass!!

Comment

• SNIPER
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

I said it before and I will say it again. Concerts and live performances are made for that moment in time for those that are there to enjoy VH to play for them. Reviewing vids from the shows and knocking the "in the moment" live performance is not how it was suppose to be. We are fans not critics. We know what Dave thinks about those guys.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I miss that choreographed move where all three are jump-moving forward like that.

They need to bring that back.

It was so cool and so Van Halen.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

And yes this was an epic show. But the performance of this song was made special for that night only. Thats rock n roll for ya.

Comment

Working...