• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Thankya verymuch...

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

The stage is bare, and I'm standing there, without any hair. HA!

Comment

• DlocRoth
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Not apologizing for Dave here. He does sound a bit rough at times, but I think he's battling a cold.....

He's been coughing since at least the Wha? show....

He was clearing his throat during Women in Love.

Just sayin.
                  Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• SunisinuS
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                    Not apologizing for Dave here. He does sound a bit rough at times, but I think he's battling a cold.....

Just sayin.

He did that all through the last tour also. Now he just forgets as he used to pull the mic away, now he tries to back hand that headset mic so it is not heard. Smoking.

Kicking it would bring a lot of his voice back.
                    Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-24-2012, 01:28 AM.
                    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• FALCO
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DlocRoth

Just sayin.
                      I think that could be something very possible...

After watching all the vids, I really think there is something seriously wrong with DLR and his voice...

Either that or he really cannot hear... he is straining and having difficulty singing parts (like in ChinaTown) that on record are in his comfort zone... and there are spots where he starts off strained then settles in... I've experienced it as a vocalist and its not fun...

I'm hoping its that he cannot hear... but there is definitely something strange going on...
                      NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                      'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                      "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• SparkieD
                        Veteran
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by FALCO
                        I think that could be something very possible...

After watching all the vids, I really think there is something seriously wrong with DLR and his voice...

Either that or he really cannot hear... he is straining and having difficulty singing parts (like in ChinaTown) that on record are in his comfort zone... and there are spots where he starts off strained then settles in... I've experienced it as a vocalist and its not fun...

I'm hoping its that he cannot hear... but there is definitely something strange going on...
                        I've been thinking that something's up for a lot of reasons. I didn't even really want to think about it let alone discuss it, but the possibility of a hearing issue would certainly explain that headset. With that in mind, it's high time for everybody to STFU about that.
                        Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                        Originally posted by rustoffa
                        Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• FALCO
                          Groupie
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
                          I've been thinking that something's up for a lot of reasons. I didn't even really want to think about it let alone discuss it, but the possibility of a hearing issue would certainly explain that headset. With that in mind, it's high time for everybody to STFU about that.
                          Interesting... yes... let's hope it's the hearing issue...
                          NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                          'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                          "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I mentioned that he may be under the weather or having trouble hearing a couple of times...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
                              You can't really tie the headset microphone usage to a hearing problem...

There's two completely separate tools in use. The microphone is sending Dave's vocal out put to the sound system via a radio transmitter attached to Dave's belt under his shirt like what Ed & Wolfgang have attached to their guitars on the straps. The microphone signal runs to a receiving unit side stage and directly fed into the main PA controlled by the mixing board in the center of the house.

Separately there's a 2nd receiving device Dave is wearing attached to his belt that sends the sound monitor signals to his ear buds. It's controlled by the mixing board that sits below Ed's side of the stage. That sound is a blend of various levels of Dave's voice with guitar, bass and/or drums. The custom ear bud monitors actually isolate the wearer from much of the crowd and main sound system noise... So actually Dave should be able to hear way better than if they had those floor monitor speakers sending the sound up at him on stage.

I believe the singing issues are a combination of too much Red Bull, adrenalin, and Dave trying to hit octaves and singing volumes beyond his natural range. He's really at a high risk of completely blowing out his voice if he continues with this...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FALCO
                                Women In Love was perfect... and except for a few unnecessary journeys into the high range, so was Girl Gone Bad... THIS is the David Lee Roth that should be on every song... cool low voice, swagger and attitude... again... confusing...

\m/ \m/
                                I agree...these two were very well done. Good to see/hear.
                                Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

Working...