X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FALCO
    With all due RESPECT ( and I mean that... I'm not one of the serial flamers here) I totally agree with part of that statement... hitting a bum note or out of key once in a while of course happens (been singing for 29 years, happens lol) ...
    However, the problem here is Dave is completely changing the melody lines and singing in a register that the songs were NEVER in (a HIGHER ONE???) ... combined that with the fact that quite honestly he CANNOT even hit that range, is I am sure what is driving many of us Rothtards crazy...
    AND as I have mentioned on a different thread... while Dave may not have "performed" every song the way they were recorded back "in the day", he still "sang" them in the proper key and he sounded good, whether it was just a "whooo" or a mumble of a verse...

What he is doing now is just, for me, UNEXPLAINABLE... I want Dave to the MAN up there... and this is not him being that (on some songs... others he is in control and sounds ok) ...

I don't feel I am "hating" because I am NOT a Ronald McDonald fan... it's Dave or Grave... but I can be objective and know what I am hearing...

He needs to keep the mid range swagger and stop straining... because he may not make it through the tour if he keeps doing that... just sounds like there is more going on with his voice than meets the eye...

Obviously still looking forward to seeing them live in April, but just being honest about what I'm vibing on...

\m/ \m/
    I've noticed this on some of the videos too... Dave's vocal range just isn't what it used to be. It's to be expected of a 57 year old, and not a big deal to me. If he tries to overcompensate by singing in a strange, unnatural manner, that's a problem.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
      shit that tune never sounds right every couple of years i try and nail it ...
      I am reworking it a full step down and with a drop C. Gonna have a chunky grind to it.

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Ooof!

Dave nearly lost it there...

No shit. I have a bad feeling about that wood. One other thing. Where are the monitors at? How the fuck can they hear what they are playing?

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

It's a good thing I have no day job.

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
            No shit. I have a bad feeling about that wood. One other thing. Where are the monitors at? How the fuck can they hear what they are playing?
            In their ears.

Comment

• FALCO
              Groupie
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              I take offense to that !!

Your fucking name is FALCO ??

WTF, was Draton Dartmouth Lashaun III already taken ??

BTW, don't take me so seriously...

Sorry... but I take offense to my name being made fun of when that was not the topic at hand...

And yes, offended enough to call a fellow Roth Army Member a 'sheep'...

I will retract out of respect to the common belief that, regardless of whatever criticisms, David Lee Roth is the ONLY singer for Van Halen and a Rock God...

\m/ \m/
              NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
              'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
              "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

ELVIS is a moron... just ignore him.
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  This showed up in the last half hour. Yes, it's short and like bread and water to a starving man, but it certainly whets the appetite for the full versions that are bound to show up sooner or later.

Thats what I am talking about!!! FUCK YES!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by SNIPER
                    In their ears.
                    What happened to the good ole days when a guy had a fucking speaker blasting at his melon? No wonder everyone is saying he's out of tune. He can't fucking hear anything.

Comment

• FALCO
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                      I've noticed this on some of the videos too... Dave's vocal range just isn't what it used to be. It's to be expected of a 57 year old, and not a big deal to me. If he tries to overcompensate by singing in a strange, unnatural manner, that's a problem.
                      That's all I was trying to convey...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

New songs still bedding in...

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                          The one thing nobody's mentioned about GGB is how Al fuckin' slams on that track.

Kwame's probably staring at Al's drumkit like he's looking at God right now.....

Two words Ah-Mazing.......... and yes, I was focused in on Al most of the time but it was difficult to stay focused because Ed was on fire, so I was staring in disbelief at him, then all of a sudden Dave does something and you're looking over at him. At that point Wolfie hits a killer riff and you're staring at him. Then you realize you missed one of Al's rolls and you're like "Fuck, I can't take it all in!"
                          Originally posted by vandeleur
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Are there a lot of colored people at the show to see Kool And The Gang?
                            just wondering.

Comment

• FALCO
                              Groupie
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                              What happened to the good ole days when a guy had a fucking speaker blasting at his melon? No wonder everyone is saying he's out of tune. He can't fucking hear anything.
                              I think you may be on to something... I tried in ear monitors and it sounded waaaaaaaay strange for me... prefer the wall of sound coming from all sides rather than from a little speaker in my ear...

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Besides Wolfie fucking up the "simple bass line" during Edward's amazing solo, Girl Gone Bad sounds fucking awesome !!

Comment

Working...