X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • So this is love
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
    After looking at almost all the videos of last night, i can only say that they need to drop DTNA and insert another song from the new album. Dave struggles on that song and there's no need to keep it in the set. I vote for Bullethead, Stay Frosty or one of the other 3 reworked songs. Every other song they are doing they are killing it. DTNA while classic, is best listened to on the album only now. June 26 can't get here fast enough.
    You`re out of your mind DTNA is part of the argument when convincing the wife to go to all these VH shows over the years...
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
      Well, since you were there i stand to be corrected. i just figured if he was struggling, a song change would remedy that, since it looedk like they are just tearing everything else up.
      No he was struggling on DTNA but it's still one of my favs!

I see your point and it would make it easier on Dave!

You know it's all subjective.....what I liked and took away from the show will probably be totally different from the next person!
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

It seems like on DTNA Dave is doing this different thing to it on purpose. I kinda like it. And I think it is a killer song. Seems a lot of people I know don't like it as much .

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by what waz zat
          during Pretty Woman they had these spot lights shining on video board and when Dave noticed it,he telling them to turn them off while in the middle of signing the song - kind of a Spinal Tap moment but hilarious and real...definitely what you want from Van Halen.
          That was a classic Dave moment. "Hey Phil, turn off the lights behind my video screen"!

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

So fucking good!!!!!!!
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN

So fucking good!!!!!!!
              Fuck yeah. That kicked ass!!!!!
              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Awesome...Wolf sure makes those bass lines look simple..right Elvis? Adds just a bit of flash to em

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                  Fuck yeah. That kicked ass!!!!!

And 4:20 long to boot.

"Perfect Ending...that's the best fucking ending in all of Rock and Roll".
                  Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-21-2012, 09:10 PM.
                  Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Great!!
                    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• VH Drummer
                      Roadie
                      • May 2009

Man, I'm bummed I didn't check in here before leaving yesterday. I was in such a rush to drive back home after my morning class, I forgot to make meet up plans. I had a pretty good time at the show, I hope all you guys did too. Hopefully we'll get another date in Grand Rapids or metro Detroit before the tour is over for part two.
                      2012: 2/10 The Darkness, 2/20 Van Halen, 3/3 The Black Keys

Comment

• VAiN
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Man, they totally nail it... Eddie RIPS that solo!!! Fucking sweet as fucking fuck! Can't wait to see these guys again and again!
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

Al's smile at the end is the perfect ending!!
                          WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• VAiN
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

So far there's a DVD and audio of Louisville, and it looks like this show will be out as a multi-cam as well. Mmmmmm, bootleg season is here my friends!!!

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by VH Drummer
                              Man, I'm bummed I didn't check in here before leaving yesterday. I was in such a rush to drive back home after my morning class, I forgot to make meet up plans. I had a pretty good time at the show, I hope all you guys did too. Hopefully we'll get another date in Grand Rapids or metro Detroit before the tour is over for part two.
                              Yeah, I was so wrapped up into going I forgot to ask you guys if you wanted to meet up........

If they hit Michigan again we'll do it right
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• SunisinuS
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                                Al's smile at the end is the perfect ending!!
                                Agreed.
                                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...