X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RealTwisted
    Groupie
    • Jun 2004

I wonder what songs were dropped
    "I wanna take this time to say that this is real whiskey here... the only people who put iced tea in Jack Daniel's bottles is The Clash, baby!"

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by SNIPER
      I have been looking all over the net for a set list to no avail. But this about sums it up.
      They got Romeo as well... what a great show - not one, but two songs debuted!! It just keeps getting better!
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

From tonight
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

And I gotta wait another freaking month until they get to Charlotte...
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• VAiN
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Comment

• perrin29
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Oh man...I'm going through withdrawal. Almost two weeks since I've seen them. Hope for a second leg and maybe a show in my neck of the woods. They last played here in 81 for Fair Warning.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                Head Fluffer
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by VAiN
                I just got confirmation from my buddy - they played both Blood & Fire AND Jamies Cryin tonight!! Holy shit! What a show!
                Holy cow! You could knock me over with a feather ...they played Blood and Fire??????

What's next.... "As Is" or "Stay Frosty"?...... (hear me scream!!!!!)
                I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• VAiN
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by IceCreamBlondie
                  Holy cow! You could knock me over with a feather ...they played Blood and Fire??????

What's next.... "As Is" or "Stay Frosty"?...... (hear me scream!!!!!)
                  No kidding.. this tour is just about everything we wanted.. I'm seeing them in April.. I cant wait!

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                    My buddy just called - blood & fire!!

OH FUCK YES ---- this tour is heating up again ---- just in time for Pittsburgh this Friday which I'm attending (2nd show this tour)

I'm planning on taking my new $500 Sony HD camcorder with motion stabilization ---- sick of the shaky cell phone footage ---- just hope the security asswipes don't hassle me.

Steel City will be rockin' if they keep "Blood and Fire" and "Jamie's Cryin" ---- maybe they can add "Stay Frosty" and "Take Your Whiskey Home" !!!

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                      OH FUCK YES ---- this tour is heating up again ---- just in time for Pittsburgh this Friday which I'm attending (2nd show this tour)

I'm planning on taking my new $500 Sony HD camcorder with motion stabilization ---- sick of the shaky cell phone footage ---- just hope the security asswipes don't hassle me.

Steel City will be rockin' if they keep "Blood and Fire" and "Jamie's Cryin" ---- maybe they can add "Stay Frosty" and "Take Your Whiskey Home" !!!
                      Buy A Hat-Cam.
                      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                        Buy A Hat-Cam.

I did something similar to a "hat-cam" on the 1998 Van Cherone tour ---- I snuck in a very small mini-DV camcorder and recorded footage while a tour t-shirt was draped over my head ---- security never saw me and I recorded about 4 songs (once the sun went down).

This is back in the day when all cameras were forbidden ---- and I would've have gone apeshit if some security asshole tried to confiscate my $1000 camera.

Comment

• Zempi
                          Roadie
                          • Mar 2012

Guys..I am exhausted I will post online tomorrow. But the show was incredible. I so envy whoever is going 'again'. Complete surprise, but I have to say my favs in order are Reading, AC then Philly. I had great seats perhaps that is why..but everything about the show including Blood & Fire and J cryin it was really great. I have to figure out a way to get to another show...After 3 in about 3 weeks, you would think that is enough considering the setlists are fairly similar...BUT they are so spot on, it is like a addiction....

Till tomorrow...

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TJMKID

This is back in the day when all cameras were forbidden ---- and I would've have gone apeshit if some security asshole tried to confiscate my $1000 camera.
                            For Diver Down tour at Forum had 2nd row center and palmed Cannon A-1, while being frisked kept it high in back and waved other hand to keep him off point at 6'2" pulled it off. Knew I was gonna get shook down and as soon as we got to seats guy made me open and obliged with the old roll I knew would be gone. Had 2 other rolls strategically placed. Half into show tried n got popped again. But for encore pulled out last and went to town with 400 film. You can see VH security ready to pounce but enough people rushed the barrier and they were too busy to get me. Got some killer ones for film and tough shooting, quick up and downs as I could. Very proud I pulled it off and few years back shared with Zloz at his studio and even He was impressed!

The goofy Dave tour with Mambo Slammers in Vegas was funny. You sat at tables of 8 and in very front had snuck in best Sony at the time. Sat it on table and had entire show going under jacket. Dave got a funny look near end and ran off stage right. Next thing I know Big Ed was tapping my shoulder, come the fuck with me.
                            We went around side of stage and he went into verbal assault bout charges and Raged. Took my tape Hi8, was the shit at the time, And camera! He wanted me thrown out! Went back to enjoy last couple minutes of show with all peeps jaw dropped at what just happened. One of them had walked up during rage to calm him down sayin we drove in from LA for fun not to ruin great night.
                            After was kinda sick thing lost a grand and my tape, went to concierge and luckily it was there but the info I gave Big Ed had to be what was givin to him, had ID and was straight up, got the bitch back!

To this day can't understand what was so bad, I was in no way going to try and sell, no such media as YouTube not even an Internet crept for bulliten board style. Just wanted to enjoy Dave from his show. I do remember that tur was never seen as a good move from most fans let alone industry. Friend I was with used to be a KNAC DJ and word was this was bad move for Dave back then. He had just cut his hair off and was playing all together new style of music for Dave in those days, but it was Dave and I enjoyed it"........all I know is I'd put money that once they watched it, they said this was well done & either Dave or Ed still have it to this day.

Light Up the Sky! Now I will have to see every SoCal show to not miss a single nugget. Blood & Fire was highlight at Forum last month and it's great knowing they are listening, Trouble with Never is not that great live, BnF and Stay Frosty instead of China Town is way to go. The Take Your Whiskey, Fools, Sinners Swing and In a Simple Rhyme will be in the sets by June. At this point they might even throw in Loss of Control to show us this ones for Us.

Thank you VH for the perfect disc, shows, sets and giving us what we want! This shit makes me smile while our family is in final days of Moms battle of 'C'. All VH from before Christmas to now has taken been perfect to brighten the days.

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Jamie's Cryin(2012 Tour Debut)" Van Halen@Sovereign Center Reading, PA 3/26/12

First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• sambo
                                Sniper
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                                Jamie's Cryin(2012 Tour Debut)" Van Halen@Sovereign Center Reading, PA 3/26/12
                                Cheers Dan - freakin awesome.
                                Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

Working...