X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
    Only time i ever got thrown out of a gig was for fighting , went to see the wildhearts at the newcastle mayfair , classic mistake of meeting up with two different sets of friends and two people just mixed like dogs in the traffic and i spent all night keeping them away from each other totally spoiling my night , the band come on i turn away to watch sure enough i go flying as the two of them are throwing punches like girls trying to grab/wrestle each other .. so i was so pissed off i tried to seperate them ... and security thru the 3 of us out on our arses.. i was gutted .. but at least one of the lads offered to pay for my ticket a couple of weeks later when i had calmed down .
    That fucking sucks.

I went to a lot of concerts alone in high school as a result of switching schools a lot & not having steady friends. I've seen some in the last 10 years alone as well. The Police reunion for 1. Although a concert is more fun with people who also love the band....I ultimately go for the show & NOT the company. So if no one here has ever seen a show solo, I recommend trying it. Very enjoyable.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

If this was 'staged', I want the job of being the traveling drunk fighting guy in the front row of every concert.

Dave - "alright man, you get free travel, fee tix, and free beer. All you gotta do is suckerpunch someone as we start Pretty Woman".

Me - "OMFG you're David lee Roth!!!!!!! HI!"
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Yount
        Commando
        • Jan 2012

From You Tube comments:

Here is what he said: “Knock off the fucking fighting. Fuck you!” screamed Roth to the applause of fans. “What do you think this is, a fucking mosh pit? You’ve got all the best-looking women on the fucking East Coast here and all you can fucking think of is fucking fighting?!? Later on "Ladies, I'm on your side!" "Shall we Contiune" “start it back at the top... Let's do the whole thing over again"

And the song they were playing!! Pretty woman!!
        Cool

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
          If this was 'staged', I want the job of being the traveling drunk fighting guy in the front row of every concert.

Dave - "alright man, you get free travel, fee tix, and free beer. All you gotta do is suckerpunch someone as we start Pretty Woman".

Me too! I can be a nasty motherfucker if I wanna be and will throw down with just about anyone ---- so this gig would be a ton 'o fun. Plus, I get to hang out with Dave backstage every night and maybe get some of the fine pussy out of his city-to-city harem.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

That fucking sucks.

I went to a lot of concerts alone in high school as a result of switching schools a lot & not having steady friends. I've seen some in the last 10 years alone as well. The Police reunion for 1. Although a concert is more fun with people who also love the band....I ultimately go for the show & NOT the company. So if no one here has ever seen a show solo, I recommend trying it. Very enjoyable.
            Worst part was they wernt gentle when they asked us to leave if you know what I mean , i.e I landed outside lol ... Any how never seen a gig on my own But when I think about it I wouldn't give a shit , I go see a band there getting 100% attention so I guess who cares who your with, tho I do think if I went to see van I want someone to
            Bounce off the next day for a reality check :-)
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• mdk1967
              Roadie
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
              lol. I don't know how Cafe Wha? got out but it did. I would think fletch would like to do the right thing.
              Fletch did a version and I did a version of the Cafe Wha? show (sans crazy Asian guy). I've been receiving some trades for it at vhtrading.com but have been mostly giving it away to those who were at the actual show or contributed to shooting the video.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                Head Fluffer
                • Dec 2008

Dave's ownage was AWESOME! Don't mess with the Roth!!! WAY TO GO, DIAMOND DAVE!

Hope the fighters were kicked out on their ass promptly...........
                I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                  Thanks to Elvis for filling in the 'Dave Hagar Fan' role that has been clearly missed in the forums...
                  Funny ass post!!

Whatever happened to Dave Hagar fan, anyway? I sure remember him from the DDLR days............
                  I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by spare change
                    Awesome show! Amazing moment to share with my 13 year old son. He got to witness a classic Diamond Dave Van Halen moment. The look on his face as we high fived was priceless.
                    Haha...that is so cool. Way more interesting than the usual "I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend" routine, or

"Some motherfucker is throwing change up here, send him up here and I will kick his ass!".

Glad he got to witness that!

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                      From You Tube comments:

Here is what he said: “Knock off the fucking fighting. Fuck you!” screamed Roth to the applause of fans. “What do you think this is, a fucking mosh pit? You’ve got all the best-looking women on the fucking East Coast here and all you can fucking think of is fucking fighting?!? Later on "Ladies, I'm on your side!" "Shall we Contiune" “start it back at the top... Let's do the whole thing over again"

And the song they were playing!! Pretty woman!!
                      Cool

I like the part where he said the F-word.

Comment

• Carmine
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

Comment

• fletch
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          This would indicate to me, that you are indeed going to "share"? As in free. Or at least for the cost of the disc and shipping, which I would never charge anyone for. Is this the new and improved Fletch? Are you getting soft in your old age? Or did you already make enough off all the other stuff, to "retire"?

Don't get pissy Fletch, I still love you.
                          Like fine wine, things get better with age!
                          I made enough back before dvd burners broke to best buy. The whole thing has changed and so have I. I enjoy it now more than anything and I film every show I go to. Shooting video is a pain in the ass - almost not enjoyable at times - but authoring and sharing is a huge turn on - ESPECIALLY making multicam shows!! I went to 5 shows.....Im authoring 5 multicams!! and I'm SHARING 5 multicam shows....PLUS....the raw footage of my single view - which I feel in some cases the footage is amazing.
                          you dumbass dogfucker!!

RATBASTARD/BY THE BOTTLE productions

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            I just watched it...

Dude, that is fucking fake as all get out...

It's the same thing as "I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend pal."

I got ten bucks that says this ain't the last time we see that shtick...

so you mean the fighting was piped in???
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Full Bug
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fletch
                              Like fine wine, things get better with age!
                              I made enough back before dvd burners broke to best buy. The whole thing has changed and so have I. I enjoy it now more than anything and I film every show I go to. Shooting video is a pain in the ass - almost not enjoyable at times - but authoring and sharing is a huge turn on - ESPECIALLY making multicam shows!! I went to 5 shows.....Im authoring 5 multicams!! and I'm SHARING 5 multicam shows....PLUS....the raw footage of my single view - which I feel in some cases the footage is amazing.
                              Fletch, you are the king of this stuff, I cannot wait for what you put out, any timetable on anything? No rush though, great stuff like you release is worth the wait.....
                              Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

I've just listened to a RWD/She's the Woman/Full Bug clip from Manchester on youtube.

It kicks fuckin' ass, but why did Dave sing the verse that way in "Running With the Devil"?
                                Why does he mix high and low pitches like he does?
                                I mean, it's HIS song, he sings it however he wants, but it sounds really weird to me.

Thoughts?
                                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...