X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
    who the hell fights during 'Pretty Woman'?

Funny story. Me & a buddy would go to a lot of shows. Slayer, Quiet Riot, Ratt, Megadeth....

Well 1 night I got a bit too drunk & a bit too big for my own britches. He pissed me off so I started to fight him. (luckily he knew I was hammered & did not reciprocate. Outweighed me by a lot). Anyways, I tried to scrap with him. Not at Slayer....Not at Megadeth...but at the fucking Men At Work concert!

Go figure. 'Who Can It Be Now' brings out the devil in me
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

You girls are so gullible...

Shut up you.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

(hennemusic) David Lee Roth laid down the law Tuesday night at a Van Halen tour stop in New Hampshire when things got out of hand in the audience.
        During Van Halen's performance of the Roy Orbison classic, "(Oh) Pretty Woman," at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, a fight broke out amongst fans in the front section of the floor.

Roth stopped the band and dealt with the issue. "Knock off the f-ing fighting. F- you!," declared Roth from center stage, to the applause of fans. "What do you think this is, a f-ing mosh pit? You've got all the best looking women on the f-ing east coast here and all you can f-ing think of is f-ing fighting?!?"

"Ladies, I'm on your side, yeah," Dave added, to more applause. Fans reports say that venue security stepped in to clean up the mess, as Roth instructed the band to restart the song. "Alex...start it back at the top...let's do the whole thing over again."

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
          Funny story. Me & a buddy would go to a lot of shows. Slayer, Quiet Riot, Ratt, Megadeth....

Well 1 night I got a bit too drunk & a bit too big for my own britches. He pissed me off so I started to fight him. (luckily he knew I was hammered & did not reciprocate. Outweighed me by a lot). Anyways, I tried to scrap with him. Not at Slayer....Not at Megadeth...but at the fucking Men At Work concert!

Go figure. 'Who Can It Be Now' brings out the devil in me
          Was your friend "six foot four and full of muscle"?

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            Was your friend "six foot four and full of muscle"?

HAHA! Actually kinda yeah. Good thing for ol' Sadaist that my friend kept his wits & chose not to kill me. Cause I'm only 5 foot 9 & full of gristle.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by TJMKID
              Hey douche,

Check out the one video where you can see 3 or 4 security guys by the stage waving flashlights at the assholes fighting.

So now you're claiming Dave got the security staff as part of his "schtick" ??
              Sure, but what would you expect the security guys to do if Dave points in the crowd and says there's a fight ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

HAHA! Actually kinda yeah.
                The funny part of the story is you being at a Men At Work concert...

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

The funny part of the story is you being at a Men At Work concert...

I'd do it again in a heartbeat too! Seen Colin Hay solo a couple times but would rather see him with that Sax player as Men At Work. Business As Usual is a great album!

lol....child of the 80's.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Seen Colin Hay solo a couple times but would rather see him with that Sax player as Men At Work.
                    I'd much rather see women at work, balin' hay...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Overkill is a great tune!

Comment

• SNIPER
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

I'd much rather see women at work, balin' hay...

Can you find your needle in a hay stack ?

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Sure, but what would you expect the security guys to do if Dave points in the crowd and says there's a fight ??
                          I expect them to go randomly throw out people that paid a small fortune for their tickets, just because Dave wanted to do "schtick".

Hopefully when he does this at the New Orleans show, he does it during the first song, and you are the person he picks to have thrown out.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Dave is having people thrown out ??

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              I expect them to go randomly throw out people that paid a small fortune for their tickets, just because Dave wanted to do "schtick".

Hopefully when he does this at the New Orleans show, he does it during the first song, and you are the person he picks to have thrown out.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                Why? He'll just do what he did here and suck everyones cock to come back.....

Comment

Working...