Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

I cannot freaking believe I just watched Dirty Movies live, this is hands down my all time fav VH song, and watched it again 3 more times, Dave wasn't great, but it was a joy to watch Eddie play this, I am still in shock this actually happened.....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

RIGHT ON!! not totally, but great for a first nigh....t, rather hear -LIVE- than listen to any CD.

I am suspecting that by the time they reach KC this month they will be clicking on all cylinders.

Mutha On Roths !!!
      Last edited by clarathecarrot; 07-06-2015, 09:07 AM.
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• vaijuju
        Sniper
        • Jan 2008

hope they'll change nothing on that setlist ( perhaps put HAIL instead of Chinatown) !
        http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
          Oh my God! He's got a PRE-TUNED GUITAR!

What the fuck does that mean? Who gives a shit?

Who is this wench?
          It's tuned to an open E chord... same tuning used by most guys who play slide guitar. Makes for easy 1-finger playing and Dave has a nice old-school, flat picking technique that he's always used.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• damngoodtimes
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Sooooo, only one show, we'll see how the setlist changes, but they dropped Tattoo, HAIL, PW, TTWN and OLA from my show in Greensboro in '12.....
            I've got no issue with any of that...

My only two tweaks would be to move Jump earlier in the setlist and add Stay Frosty (even if that means no ICM)
            David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
            — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
              I've got no issue with any of that...

My only two tweaks would be to move Jump earlier in the setlist and add Stay Frosty (even if that means no ICM)

I don't see them adding Stay Frosty, because that takes away one of the band's breaks....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Stop over analyzing that dingbat broad what she means by pretuned is she doesn't know that DLR can play a guitar she probably thinks she is the next Lesbian Goddess of dyke music and lives her life downplaying males singer who she thinks are idiots...she definitely is also secretly in love with me...how's about that scarecrow for some overanalyzing...alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• philouze
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2004

Just heard YRGM. I don't care if I hurt some nutswingers' feewings (boo-hoo), but what I've just listened to was Complete, Utter Shite.
                  Dave, you can now go fuck off. I'm no hater, but please.. Fuck off.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by philouze
                    Just heard YRGM. I don't care if I hurt some nutswingers' feewings (boo-hoo), but what I've just listened to was Complete, Utter Shite.
                    Prepare thyself for a major league nut cutting!
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• philouze
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                      Prepare thyself for a major league nut cutting!
                      Like I give two fucks about what three soccer moms and one suicidal homo think of me...!!!

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by philouze
                        I'll tell ya what.. Dave does not sound good on what I've seen.. I appreciate what seems to be like him staying in the lower registers, but something feels off.
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• philouze
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                          something feels off.
                          Him, maybe??
                          Listen, the band is fantastic. Fan-freakin'-tastic.
                          But listening to that guy?? Nah. I'm not even going to listen to the forthcoming bootlegs. And that's a First for me.
                          I just don't understand why some people still think Dave sounds "great". I don't get it. I'm not saying they're wrong. I just don't get it.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2004

I like Romeo Delight to lead off or be played deeper in the set. At this point I'd rather see Wolf do a bass solo instead of the sameish Ed solo of 30 plus years. Of course I understand that Eddie's a guitar god and that won't happen. But Drop Dead Legs? Dirty Movies? IN A SIMPLE RHYME?!! Can't wait.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Land's Edge
                              Drop Dead Legs

We've had video cameras in phones for 10 years now and some people still don't know how to hold them...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                                I'll tell ya what.. Dave does not sound good on what I've seen.. I appreciate what seems to be like him staying in the lower registers, but something feels off.
                                Oh come on guys, you all know you can't judge what Dave sounds like from youtube clips. Everybody will tell you that. Just like on the last tour when some people said Dave didn't sound so great. You have to wait for the live album to come out to really hear what's going on onstage.
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...