The Top 100 most influental people in VH message board history.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Nice old thread, but brought to mind a couple of peeps:

What happened to Rustoffa? Have not heard from him in awhile....

And where is Bueno Bob in all this ruckus that has been going on in the past few weeks?

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      Nice old thread, but brought to mind a couple of peeps:

What happened to Rustoffa? Have not heard from him in awhile....

And where is Bueno Bob in all this ruckus that has been going on in the past few weeks?
      Hardrock69,I Sent Rustoffa A E-mail That Other day,Havent heard Back from Him.

Bob is Working On His New Death Star,He Will Be Back After That.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Catfish
        That fag Mr Walker???

Don't you call my buddy Walker a fag. Um fag.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Catfish!!!!!!

Oh dear.

Comment

• hain23x
            Head Fluffer
            • Mar 2004

I forgot about redfire and houseofpain! They were like the Rougeau Brothers!

Lou was good for some reunion tour downloads

I did party w Lead Synth my 1st year in Chicago on new years eve. then I refused to let her borrow my recording gear when she wanted to go take that Sam Halen reunion in 04.

I met Pabs at that Sam and Dave show-and I just saw him post a thread over at the links that was quickly shut down
            Eat Us and Smile!
            Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

102- Angel - My partner in the hunt for Anne Kuzma... I think she loves WARF... but can't stand that cunt Raven!!!

You're right, WARF - I do love you. That cunt Raven was hot!!!....

AND OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! CATFISH!!!!!!!! I was wondering when you were gonna get here! Join the love fest.
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                He's still around, simply not posting as much as he's been somewhat busy in the real world.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Sarge
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Member number 1 checking in. ..
                  Pojo you bastard!
                  ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                  The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                  [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Redfire's my friend on Facebook, I'll hit him up....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• njbill
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Catfish
                      That fag Mr Walker???
                      You're the other dude I was trying to remember LOL.

Comment

• lance watts
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by WARF
                        119-lance watt - Respected member of the VH community... runs the CRANK FARM... a kick ass collection of the Van Halen saga... claimed he was gonna run Daves site and nothing happened!
                        Nothing happened? Watchu talkin' 'bout WARF?

After a show in Portland, OR, I gave DLR a copy of Van Halen: Strange and Twisted Tales. A few months later, Dave called me. He then hired illustrator Garth Jones and myself to create a series of comic strips that appeared on his site over the course of several months. We were compensated fairly but more importantly, I had the opportunity to have several lengthy conversations with Dave. I asked him everything a VH fan would want to know and he answered openly and, I think, honestly.

Ultimately, I was unhappy with how our work was being integrated Dave's site. The problem, I argued to Dave's manager, was that Dave's site was a mess. Over the course of a couple months, I attempted to convince Dave's manager to allow Garth and I to completely redesign his site and take control of his web presence. My efforts were perhaps a bit aggressive and my relationship with his manager became increasingly strained. In all fairness though, I was extremely frustrated that Dave was not taking advantage of the internet.

I honestly don't remember how it ended, but I do recall suspecting that Dave's management was not interested in or capable of facilitating an effective, modern web presence. Ten years later, things haven't changed much. Nevertheless, it was a great experience and I was shocked at how normal and nice Dave was.

Here are some souvenirs from my brief but memorable stint in the employ of Diamond Dave Enterprises:

A funny voicemail from DLR:

And some artwork:

Comment

• SFG
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by WARF
                          Blast from the past...
                          you aren't kidding brother....I will take a top 20!!

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Who the fuck revived this old thread?! A lot of very cool people on that list!

Warf was the first person I met from the boards. My wife (R.I.P.) was so fucking pissed off that I had arranged to meet him on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale! By the end of the day, she was extremely glad to have met him. That was at least 10 or so years ago. I still have a picture of me, Warf and my son sitting at a table eating italian ice. Great memories.

Comment

• SFG
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Who the fuck revived this old thread?! A lot of very cool people on that list!

Warf was the first person I met from the boards. My wife (R.I.P.) was so fucking pissed off that I had arranged to meet him on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale! By the end of the day, she was extremely glad to have met him. That was at least 10 or so years ago. I still have a picture of me, Warf and my son sitting at a table eating italian ice. Great memories.

how about AC brother with FLM......

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by lance watts
                                Nothing happened? Watchu talkin' 'bout WARF?

After a show in Portland, OR, I gave DLR a copy of Van Halen: Strange and Twisted Tales. A few months later, Dave called me. He then hired illustrator Garth Jones and myself to create a series of comic strips that appeared on his site over the course of several months. We were compensated fairly but more importantly, I had the opportunity to have several lengthy conversations with Dave. I asked him everything a VH fan would want to know and he answered openly and, I think, honestly.

Ultimately, I was unhappy with how our work was being integrated Dave's site. The problem, I argued to Dave's manager, was that Dave's site was a mess. Over the course of a couple months, I attempted to convince Dave's manager to allow Garth and I to completely redesign his site and take control of his web presence. My efforts were perhaps a bit aggressive and my relationship with his manager became increasingly strained. In all fairness though, I was extremely frustrated that Dave was not taking advantage of the internet.

I honestly don't remember how it ended, but I do recall suspecting that Dave's management was not interested in or capable of facilitating an effective, modern web presence. Ten years later, things haven't changed much. Nevertheless, it was a great experience and I was shocked at how normal and nice Dave was.

Here are some souvenirs from my brief but memorable stint in the employ of Diamond Dave Enterprises:

A funny voicemail from DLR:

And some artwork:

This is fucking awesome! I remember your stuff man, it was fucking grate! do you still have the parody songs?
                                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...