The Top 100 most influental people in VH message board history.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by WARF
    I didn't even know about Blondgirl77...
    Blondgirl777 Has Passed Away - 08-23-2011

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
      I wasn't here all of 2011 and most of 2010. That's horrible. Grant from vhnd should also be in the top 20 somewhere for all his contributions from the vhnd. I made the original list in 2006 so it's really hard keeping track of all the members who have came and left.

The first wave of female posters from 2000 were Susie Q, Melein, YankeeRose. I haven't seen any of them in ages... maybe they should be included in the list as well. It gets tough to include everyone when you're trying to remember and narrow down the top 100 to several message boards with 100,000 members between all of them.

Pleasure dome Honorable mentions: Tim Pabs, JimmieWalker, Vince aka hamburger head, Brad Starks, burning tires... (my memory is shot)

Vhlinks: Downinflames, goo, billy007, OLO, etc etc... DownInFlames was the dude who started all that internet cyber bar stuff... that was a lot of fun back in the day...

ddlr.com : Switch84, the knockz,NE169, deguello (what the hell happened to him?), wooda, light up the sky, alexpgrimes, thedoctor, starwood
      Last edited by WARF; 04-28-2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

I wasn't here all of 2011 and most of 2010. That's horrible. Grant from vhnd should also be in the top 20 somewhere for all his contributions from the vhnd. I made the original list in 2006 so it's really hard keeping track of all the members who have came and left.
        No hard feelings, Warf, but Blonddgirl777 logged in in 2005 and kept posting quite a lot and on a very regular basis till 2010. Unfortunately she had to be given serious health care and well, you know the rest.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

You should be on the list too Frenchise... you've been here for ages!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

On a much lighter note, "philouse" ahead of Cato, Conmee and Panamark?!?!?... WTF??
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

You should be on the list too Frenchise... you've been here for ages!
              Far too long!

I take it most coolly WARF - I could make your top 300 maybe. - but then how can you not forget anyone?

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                On a much lighter note, "philouse" ahead of Cato, Conmee and Panamark?!?!?... WTF??
                I left myself off the list in case anyone didn't agree with it... everyone is higher than me

Maybe I should be complaining?

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                  Far too long!

I take it most coolly WARF - I could make your top 300 maybe. - but then how can you not forget anyone?
                  Conmee just told he appreciated the Entire EUAS was posted. Today pojo texted me about reading the new list. I can't wait to hear his reaction. I put him in front of Sarge the last list.... The only reason Pojo is so high is because he traded me JD DREW for Miguel Cabrera many years ago which helped me win the fantasy baseball season. Anyways, Regardless of the rankings if you scroll down the 20 something pages, you'll see lots of names of people who have come and gone. I think it's important to preserve the history of this site as well as the posters from here and various other sites who have contributed to the VH community.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

The thing is, all lists are ultimately pointless. Just look at those dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks things Rolling Stone magazine belches forth every two years in order to boost lagging sales. Inevitably, someone you cherish, admire, love or respect will be somewhere down the list under a bunch of folks you believe to be outright jugheads or at the very least, unworthy, while others you care about will be non-included at all.

I'm not being disrespectful here at all towards those on the list or not, yet I could conceivably create a list of my top 5 favorite belches of all time, and include the details of how and why they came to be. You could do the same with best hamburgers, diet soda, favorite childhood candy or greatest bowel movements.

I'm not saying the activity can be a fun occupation of time, but really, it all means very, very little other than helping folks smile a little bit about what appears to be better times. Hell, there ain't nothing wrong with a diversion these days, and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But for me, I think I'm gonna go wander down to the pub, have several, play some Golden Tee and throw some dollars into the fancy new digital jukebox thing. Shit, it even has 10cc and Georgia Satellites tunes on it!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

But for me, I think I'm gonna go wander down to the pub, have several, play some Golden Tee and throw some dollars into the fancy new digital jukebox thing. Shit, it even has 10cc and Georgia Satellites tunes on it!
                      Stay away from the digital jukebox Chef! Every time I go to a pub I blow about $20 in that damn thing. It's highly addictive. When the credits get low I make VALUE PLAYS like this....

Hey it's a buck a song to download... you might as well get your money worth!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

yet I could conceivably create a list of my top 5 favorite belches of all time,
                        and they'd all be here

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Stay away from the digital jukebox Chef! Every time I go to a pub I blow about $20 in that damn thing. It's highly addictive. When the credits get low I make VALUE PLAYS like this....
                          Hey it's a buck a song to download... you might as well get your money worth!
                          Fucking separated at birth...I wind up digging out Temple Of The Dog's "Hungerstrike", Ten Years After slamming "Woodchopper's Ball" and "I'm Mandy, Fly Me" by 10cc.

And of course, two or three plays of this little ditty...

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

dearly departed MAX, Blondgirl777 or Al in the top 5 pretty much misses the point for me.

These were the folks that were the life blood of sites like this, not folks like you and me that are still kicking around, grousing about the good old days. They died young, without having the opportunity to grow old gracelessly like you and I have.

I can not have a single day go by without thinking of these people.

Amen. To me a humongous stinger is after all the bullshit awful terrible years, they missed ADKOT. Unfair doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. And as great as these members were, they had an even greater impact in their passings. Something everyone should aspire to do.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Everyone should aspire to have greater impact dead than alive ??

No thanks...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                Everyone should aspire to have greater impact dead than alive ??

No thanks...
                                There speaks the Christian..

Comment

Working...