X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fifth element
    Commando
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
    A friendly word of advice: Your favorite VH/DLR song could use some rethinking.
    HAVE to ask, chef craig.....
    did you ever go by the user name of Chef K @ a football site?
    your avitar and his are soooo close....it seemed an amazing coincidence
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• fifth element
      Commando
      • Nov 2010

have not seen Dave live.....
      grew up listening to Van Halen,
      but had kind of grown away from them (ex husband preferred other genres)

until meeting SunisinuS....who sent me link after link after.....
      well, you know how he is.....

now listen to their music regularly...although I must admit that my favorite song often depends on my mood atm.....

Running ww/ the Devil suits my mood today....=)
      “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fifth element
        HAVE to ask, chef craig.....
        did you ever go by the user name of Chef K @ a football site?
        your avitar and his are soooo close....it seemed an amazing coincidence
        Nope. Ever heard of a fellow named thome? Your IP address and his are soooo close....it seemed an amazing coincidence.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
          Commando
          • Nov 2010

LOL.....thome, eh?? 'fraid not
          Last edited by fifth element; 11-22-2010, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

aw. i miss thome
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Isn't this usually where someone comes out bashing the fuck out of the new guy?

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Welcome to the show.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                  Isn't this usually where someone comes out bashing the fuck out of the new guy?
                  it isn't page two yet...
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Group Hug?
                    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• fifth element
                      Commando
                      • Nov 2010

LOL...bash away......
                      been there before...lol

(although waiting for page 2 seems sooo much more civilized...)

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

LOL.....thome, eh?? 'fraid not
                        That was essentially my point. For some odd reason, upon meeting a new guy in a social or work situation, hearing the name and finding out where he's from, it's human nature to make some instant assumptions. This extends to the internet as well. Immediately, nine times out of ten people will say something along the lines of "Oh, you are from ______. Do you know such and such?" The odds on the person knowing the aquantance are astronomical, but people still ask the question.

Then again, the direct reverse is true. For instance, over the past decade it has been my privilege to get to know a handful of folks that at one time just happened to live in my immediate area, give or take roughly 30 miles. We have been to so many of the same events, and have shared so many identical experiences that even though we have never met, the coincidences add up, leading us to believe that we simply must have stood in the same line while getting beer at one of these events.

So like I said, it's mere human nature that drives people to make assumptions, and is also why first impressions are lasting ones. The dark side to that is everyone here has had at least one awkward experience on the net, and as a result there is nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism when encountering new members. So welcome to the site, and as I said earlier you might wish to come up with another favorite VH/DLR song. Just sayin', it would go a long way toward removing some of the doubt in some people's minds about your intent around here.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
                          Commando
                          • Nov 2010

i got all of that in your previous comment...
                          apologies for asking....
                          (I knew it was a long shot...but thought I would check...sorry that was offensive)

and as stated, I don't truly HAVE a "favorite" song...as it depends on my mood...

Running w/ the Devil,
                          Little Dreamer
                          Atomic Punk

even Dance the Night Away
                          are songs that I listen to regularly...along w/ most from the Van Halen and the Best of Van Halen Vol1 CD's as these have all been transfered to my IPOD, which I listen to (when I can get away w/ it) at work

As for my "intent" around here...I have no specific "intent"

A friend invited me...told me that there were Intelligent people to converse with....so I decided to check it out.
                          Last edited by fifth element; 11-22-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

apologies for asking....
                            (I knew it was a long shot...but thought I would check...sorry that was offensive)

and as stated, I don't truly HAVE a "favorite" song...as it depends on my mood...

Running w/ the Devil,
                            Pretty DreamerAtomic Punk

are songs that I listen to regularly...along w/ most from the Van Halen and the Best of Van Halen Vol1 CD's as these have all been transfered to my IPOD, which I listen to (when I can get away w/ it) at work

A friend invited me...told me that there were Intelligent people to converse with....so I decided to check it out.
                            I don't think I have heard that one.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

apologies for asking....

Running w/ the Devil,
                              Pretty Dreamer
                              Atomic Punk

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

c'mon, 12 more posts till #2

Comment

Working...