X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Texas Outlaw
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jul 2005

Hello from Cut & Shoot, TX!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Scott and I'm a LONG time Van Halen (DLR only) fan. Have been into them ever since I heard "Runnin With The Devil" on a pizza parlor jukebox back in 1978.

Am originally from California, and was actually at the now famous Oakland shows where the live footage for the Fair Warning album was filmed. Good times right there. Have seen VH with Dave too many times to count and the last time they went out we road tripped to Kansas City to see them. I didn't want to take a chance of them not making it to Houston so road trip it was.

Am looking forward to this next tour and all of the craziness that goes along with it. Hopefully there will be some get togethers before shows. Would like to meet and party a little with some other VH die hards.

Get it!
    Last edited by Texas Outlaw; 01-02-2012, 05:43 PM.
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VanHalener
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Welcome

~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Welcome!
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Where is the BOT????

Welcome to the nuthouse - enjoy!

Oh dear.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Texas Outlaw
            was actually at the now famous Oakland shows

Asshole.....err, I mean WELCOME!

lol. That's just the jealousy in me. It's gonna be a fun year. Enjoy the site.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Texas Outlaw
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jul 2005

Thanks all of you, really appreciate the replies.

Sadaist...ha ha! Trust me, I count myself as really lucky to have been there. I also have a pic from Michael Anthony that was thrown at me during "Hear About It Later". Not trying to rub it in or anything...

Comment

• Northern Girl
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Am originally from California, and was actually at the now famous Oakland shows where the live footage for the Fair Warning album was filmed.
                That's pretty cool right there! You pass inspection! Pick out your hooker in the back and don't make a mess!
                Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Here I sit Cheeks a flexin!

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Have been into them ever since I heard "Runnin With The Devil" on a pizza parlor jukebox back in 1978.
                    Me too! That's too cool. Don't imagine you were at Lou's Pizza in Banff, Alberta Canada by any chance?
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

. I also have a pic from Michael Anthony that was thrown at me during "Hear About It Later". Not trying to rub it in or anything...

I've been to so many concerts. Over 100 easy. I've never once got anything from the stage. Came this close (holding fingers inch apart) to catching a bass pick from Def Leppard in the round. ARGH! Best thing I've ever gotten was a Megadeth pick from Dave Ellefson that he was kind enough to mail to me after I wrote him a letter.

Oh, Dave tossed me a bout of hearing loss from the Eat Em And Smile tour. Went away after 5-6 days though.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Women & Children First: Front row and I had tons of interaction with the band. Eddie kissed my hand, and Dave stood right in front of me, gave me a big wink, and did what we used to call "the dirty dog"....Can't remember what song it was but Dave used to introduce it by saying "have you ever been with one person and wished you were with someone else?". I yelled "you man you!" Dave heard me and stopped what he was saying, started to laugh, and said "there's a chick with a guy down here and she's yelling you, man, you!!!" All the while I'm screaming "I'm not with him, I'm fucking single...and I'm not jailbait - you're in Canada", lol.
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Texas Outlaw
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Angel
                          Me too! That's too cool. Don't imagine you were at Lou's Pizza in Banff, Alberta Canada by any chance?
                          Nope, Village Pizza in Vallejo, California. I was playing a pinball machine when the song came on. I lost the ball in play because I was too busy picking my jaw up off of the floor. I had to leave the pnball machine and go to the jukebox to find out who that new band and sound was. It's been a fun ride since.

Originally posted by sadaist
                          I've been to so many concerts. Over 100 easy. I've never once got anything from the stage. Came this close (holding fingers inch apart) to catching a bass pick from Def Leppard in the round. ARGH! Best thing I've ever gotten was a Megadeth pick from Dave Ellefson that he was kind enough to mail to me after I wrote him a letter.

Oh, Dave tossed me a bout of hearing loss from the Eat Em And Smile tour. Went away after 5-6 days though.
                          That pick is the only thing I've ever gotten besides some autographs at meet and greets (no VH). I saw the Eat Em And Smile tour also. I caught it in San Francisco....bad ass!

Comment

• Texas Outlaw
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Jul 2005

A little story on those Oakland shows in '81. I graduated high school on the first day of the three days that they played (we went all three nights). My friends and I walked the line, got our diplomas, hauled ass to our respective houses for photos with the parents and all of that stuff, and then split for Oakland (15 or 20 minutes). We made it inside and to our seats just as VH went on. Those shows were assigned seating shows but our seats were down on the main floor all three nights. After aboyut the second song everyone bum rushed the stage and the assigned seating went out the window. Anyway, that was one hell of a graduation party. It last three days with VH as our band. My then girlfriend broke up with me after the second show but I didn't care. I took a different chick the very next night...ha ha!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Now that is a killer VH Experience.

Sweet As!

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...